• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EightBitNate

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'm really curious if this is the superhero movie that shows up at reward shows. (I know Logan got a best adapted screenplay nom tho but I'm talking more about best director or picture)

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
CvPzvEk.gif

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I have never seen a human use the term "political correctness" in good faith.
Like they were throwing internet troll's "own words" back at them. But I won't speak for them any further I could be way off.

Edit: welp never mind. Guess I need to stop assuming good intentions.

Last edited:

Ombra

Jan 22, 2018
They're trolling the alt right to a degree, but its bringing out the hidden elements so i'm cool with it.

thatother

Dec 12, 2017
I mean it's a great movie and deserves all of its success but maybe people should let the hype settle down a bit before crowning it.

It'll be interesting to see opinions on it in a few months once the excitement settles down a tad. It's probably among the best superhero movies for sure, but it still falls victim to the same things many of them do.

FarronFox

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Oh my gosh. This is ridiculous. Black Panther can't be the best movie of all time. If that is what Rotten Tomatoes is saying they really need to have another look at how their system works.

Like I have my fave films but I'm not sure they should be classified as the best movie of all time.

Last edited:

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Black Panther is a great movie. The director of this movie is the same director as Creed, right? Creed was awesome too.

okayfrog

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can see it as the best movie of all time. Now, film, on the other hand, is a different story. :^)
See, now we're getting down to the nitty-gritty. Black Panther is a great flick, a solid movie, but it is in no way a great film and isn't even close to being a decent piece of cinema or anywhere near kino.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, no. It's a great movie but it is not deserving of that title. This is simply a case of people putting recent movies as being some of the "greatest" of all time. It's simply a reflection of time, people are biased to more recent movies as being the greatest since they are more invested in them because of the internet, marketing and hype.

OTZhOWQ3NDQ5NiMvU2lib3BCWk55TDVRTVBaamZDankzZTRfRjdRPS8xMHgwOjEwNTl4NTk5L2ZpdC1pbi83NjB4MC9maWx0ZXJzOnF1YWxpdHkoNzApOm5vX3Vwc2NhbGUoKTpmb3JtYXQoanBlZykvaHR0cDovL3MzLmFtYXpvbmF3cy5jb20vcG9saWN5bWljLWltYWdlcy94eGVyeGxwdHU1b3pndGRnbnZqYnF2bXJlcjZ1MHJhdWpkNm91YWdxcGt3em5ybGFyZTZwZTlpbHk0MnJrbzY3LmpwZw.jpg

Looks more like there's much lesser movies back in the days because movies weren't common back then compared to now

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, come on. It's a great movie & I loved it but it's not even the best Marvel film, let alone best film of all time.

Deleted member 18347

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's rt. Just look at that top 5 and realize how their ranking means jack shit.

BP is a great Marvel film though, and I usually hate those outside a few.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Looks more like there's much lesser movies back in the days because movies weren't common back then compared to now

lol

Well I don't want superhero trash to be ranked in the top 5 movies of all time just because it is politically correct to do so.

Just like when Catwoman hit us with the double whammy of a black woman superhero and won all the Oscars.

PC run amok.

Share this is you cry everytime

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's insulting to even call this a movie. This beautiful piece about alien space rocks and people turning into poorly rendered CG and punching eachother a hundred times so Disney can sell toys and make a bajillion dollars is humanity's greatest work of art, and I strongly feel we should send it into space so that the universe will one day know it existed

I don't hate the movie but come on
It sounds every single theme and subtext Ryan Coogler put in the movie just zipped right past your head, huh?

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really curious if this is the superhero movie that shows up at reward shows. (I know Logan got a best adapted screenplay nom tho but I'm talking more about best director or picture)

Costume design for sure, but I could also see Best DP and Best Original Song, and the long shots would be best adapted Screenplay like Logan and Best Score.

guek

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They did the same bullshit when Wonder Woman came out. RT called it the highest rated superhero film ever, despite the fact that other superhero films had a higher tomatometer and average rating.
Honestly, this and their countdown timer bullshit makes me dislike RT more than anything else. Have some common decency

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Hahaha oh man. The white guys who desperately want me to remember Blade are going to have a field day about this.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
It's good, great.... but not deserving of that #1 spot. I mean, its RT I know, I know... but definitely not up there.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
I think using RT's system the only claim you could make is that this is the most... consistently liked movie of all time? Least panned film of all time? In which case... maybe?

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It sounds every single theme and subtext Ryan Coogler put in the movie just zipped right past your head, huh?

"You're stupid if you merely thought the movie was just OK rather than literally the greatest movie in history". Good grounds for a discussion.

The movie is fine. It's good. But the idea of it being the greatest in film history strikes me as kind of preposterous, but if you do think that then that's fine. We can agree to disagree

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
If you listen to posters these days, ERA is the most influential media in all of America. "Don't talk about this is what they want, don't talk about this, you just give them attention". I've been seeing this sentiment a lot lately especially.

No not really. It's just people talking about a topic on a forum.

This will have no influence on RT at all believe it or not. It more seems like people wanting to dictate what others talk about especially if they don't like something.