• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Some of y'all literally use the word "cringe" so much for things that aren't even cringeworthy that it's lost meaning lol.

Y'all don't know how many people young and old are advocating that this be the greeting from now on. And it's going to take off.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
We used to do this handshake in high school almost 2 decades ago, please.
X inspired but some fools thought it was dmx inspired cause he was a thing back then lol.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I now bark at people that get in grown folks business when they should be listening

SmokingBun

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
SMH at people downplaying a cultural revolution in this thread
I swear if Dr King and Brother Malcolm were still around; they would watch the movie together and agree on its awesomeness

This was purely tongue in cheek ... lol

EDIT:

Wanna see Obama and Biden do it

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
''Most culturally diverse city on the planet"

Yea ok bro.

Over 51% of the city was foreign born in origin/of a minority group back during a census in 2011.

The city grows by close to 100k or so per year

The majority of immigrants move to Toronto upon arrival, and then a mix of Vancouver/Montreal, and then to the rest of Canada.

We are now in 2018

Toronto is what you get if the United Nations was manifested in the form of a city state, and works as a mosaic of multiculturalism.

MarkMcLovin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Weird how there's 2 angles of that. There is a black and white gif of the same moment in full but it's one angle.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Best handshake

giphy.gif

This here.

Tho the BP is pretty good too, i don't get people calling it cringy.

Solace

Dog's Best Friend
Oct 29, 2017
Special handshakes are cool af but that is one lame handshake eh

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
Guys this is not cringeworthy. Cringeworthy is when you try to do that handshake but the other person doesn't reciprocate.

Stouffers

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When I greet a person, I extend my hand, clamp down hard, and shake once, twice, thrice, release. I never break eye conctact. I never yield.

Something I've yet to master is how to properly bring a handshake in for a hug. It's always a mess.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
A) I don't see this as cringeworthy, it's cool, tbh. B) I live in Toronto, it's absolutely an incredibly diverse city...the most diverse in the world is a little crazy, but I'm not that surprised.

Mr. Giggles

Oct 31, 2017
That's lame as fuck.

I'm half African and I'm loving what this movie means for the community but some of this shit is getting absurd

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
It's a cool handshake! But I probably wouldn't attempt it because I'm an uncoordinated goober and I'd awkwardly mess it up and make the whole situation weird.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
I mean...people have been doing greetings/fives/handshakes like that since forever, especially in urban communities, so I didn't see this as cringeworthy. I thought it's cool as hell - it's an authentically black thing, so to see that extended in this fictional world of royalty and superheroes was fucking dope. They turned a royal greeting into a handshake that wouldn't be out of place in Harlem. Awesome.

I hope I see this more and more everywhere amongst black people.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
Something I've yet to master is how to properly bring a handshake in for a hug. It's always a mess.

Offer the diagonal hand handshake (like if you were helping someone up off the ground), then pull them in for the hug. If they resist or start to mess it up, you'll look stupid... so armbar them to assert dominance.