• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
It's like one of the most overdone subgenres right now. Midnight are good, but you can take them or leave them, honestly.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
It's like one of the most overdone subgenres right now. Midnight are good, but you can take them or leave them, honestly.
I have to agree. I enjoy this style but I never find myself really seeking it out.

I prefer the epic black/thrash style myself. Desaster, Absu, Melechesh, Craven Idol, Deströyer 666... I can't get enough of this. If anyone has recent recs in that style I'd be down!

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
What bands would you recommend now? I haven't listened to anything new in a while.

I was more saying that the band is good, much like most of the genre, but it is so played out, you can grab bag any of them and walk away satisfied. It is very easy to scratch your blackend speed itch, very hard for bands to really stand out. Witchtrap are still the kings of the genre.

Check out the new Bewitcher and Viligence albums for some more good stuff.
I have to agree. I enjoy this style but I never find myself really seeking it out.

I prefer the epic black/thrash style myself. Desaster, Absu, Melechesh, Craven Idol, Deströyer 666... I can't get enough of this. If anyone has recent recs in that style I'd be down!

You listen to the new Urn album yet? It is really good.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
You listen to the new Urn album yet? It is really good.
Oh hell yeah. This sounds just like D666 holy shit... how did I miss this last year?? This would have possibly made my AOTY list, but alas.

Could have sworn it might have been linked to me too before too... that name is familiar.

Fake edit: you actually told me about that band back in 2018, and I completely forgot about it. I feel terribad now.