• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stalwart

Banned
Feb 4, 2018
Black Thought released his first solo project with this Ep. I have been waiting a long time for a solo release from him and it's pretty good. Let me know what you guys think.

http://www.missinfo.tv/index.php/black-thought-9th-wonder-streams-of-thought-vol-1-ep-stream/

black-thought-streams-of-thoughts-cover.jpg

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Khrysis produced Thank You, which means he has two great songs called Thank You in 2018. It's easily my favorite beat on the record. Unfortunately, 9th doesn't really stand out on the album. His beats just feel like background music. I need 9th to liven it up a bit, the way I know he can.

Black Thought kills it. Makes me want to see albums/eps with Black Thought x Madlib, Khrysis, and Alchemist.

PhoenixDark

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
White House
9th using break beats instead of his typical weak snares. I see you breh.

On first listen I wasn't impressed, although I thought BT was on point. Subsequent listens...it's good. Most interesting beat is definitely Thank You. Makes me want to whip out Black Messiah.

Dee Bill

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Black Thought is one of the MCs who's still representing what real hip-hop is. Not that crap that's invading the market now.

Buying this for sure !

Jeronimo

Nov 16, 2017
Was wondering if there was a thread for Vol. 2., I just heard it was out and am listening now.

Looking forward to having a little more to dig into.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Black Thought got this year. Vol 2 is even better than the first.

Both him and JID dropping releases on the same day has my ears very happy! Apparently Alchemist is dropping an EP on the 30th too so this will be a great week.