• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
If that's supposed to be Tasky
oufjYj5.jpg

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Very interested in this movie. Its kinda weird that we already know her ending arc. Curious how it adds to the entire MCU.

I don't think it'll really add anything. It seems more like it's just going to show us how much Natasha changed and how much the Avengers changed her. More about exploring her character than setting anything up.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
It's the Udon Taskmaster design guys

Eh, it's closer to Udon Taskmaster, but the helmet is still a major sticking point. Udon Taskmaster's helmet is still clearly evoking a skull, which this design doesn't really do. The red eyes are a major sticking point, too. The Udon outfit is also clearly some armour strapped over a fabric suit, whereas this seems to be quite a bit more armoured.

This looks more like a "real world" re-imagining of his classic costume by way of Jango Fett than a translation of the Udon costume.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I don't think it'll really add anything. It seems more like it's just going to show us how much Natasha changed and how much the Avengers changed her. More about exploring her character than setting anything up.

"There's a method to the madness," Feige told io9 while promoting Spider-Man: Far From Home. "There's always a method and doing things in an unexpected way is something we find fun. There are ways to do prequels that are less informative or answer questions you didn't necessarily have, and then there are ways to do prequels where you learn all sorts of things you never knew before."

Crossbones and Batrok survived winter soldier

Crossbones died in Civil War.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Grant Ward in the movies at long last

I mean, it could do both. Going off Feige's coyness in the recent interview he gave, seems obvious even.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY

eh, I really don't think they'd make this after Endgame, and as the first movie of Phase 4 or whatever they call it, if it didn't advance continuity forward in some significant way.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Aww, I wanted him to show up in a Spider-Man movie. Also, if this is a prequel, I wonder if he'll be doing Cap's shield moves.

ChubbyHuggs

Oct 27, 2017
That's a disappointing Taskmaster if it is really him. RIP.
Shit, I would love an actual Taskmaster movie.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Eh, it's closer to Udon Taskmaster, but the helmet is still a major sticking point. Udon Taskmaster's helmet is still clearly evoking a skull, which this design doesn't really do. The red eyes are a major sticking point, too. The Udon outfit is also clearly some armour strapped over a fabric suit, whereas this seems to be quite a bit more armoured.

This looks more like a "real world" re-imagining of his classic costume by way of Jango Fett than a translation of the Udon costume.

Similar to Crossbones, they have no problem modernizing the character designs. They clearly were not gonna go with a guy in medieval boots and tights with a skull mask. We've already seen them step away from sticking too close to a comic design.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Welp, she's going to die in her first solo film. I don't see her beating Taskmaster AT ALL. I can only hope they end the movie with Campbell yelling at Black Widow for causing a Time Paradox.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking Natasha won't be revived but rather this is how they will introduce Yelena as the new Black Widow going forward.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Similar to Crossbones, they have no problem modernizing the character designs. They clearly were not gonna go with a guy in medieval boots and tights with a skull mask. We've already seen them step away from sticking too close to a comic design.

Oh yeah. There's no way we were ever getting pirate boots, Skeletor Taskmaster. I'm just saying that it looks to be more a modernization of the Classic costume than the Udon costume.

I really wish they'd went for more of an obvious skull on that helmet, though. I'm really hoping it's a henchman costume or an intermediary step on his way to his "real" costume.

Like, he wears this through the course of the movie, picks up some moves from Widow and footage of Cap or whatever, and then decides he needs to "go bigger" in response to the heroes and takes on the skull motif for branding purposes.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah. There's no way we were ever getting pirate boots, Skeletor Taskmaster. I'm just saying that it looks to be more a modernization of the Classic costume than the Udon costume.

I really wish they'd went for more of an obvious skull on that helmet, though. I'm really hoping it's a henchman costume or an intermediary step on his way to his "real" costume.

Like, he wears this through the course of the movie, picks up some moves from Widow and footage of Cap or whatever, and then decides he needs to "go bigger" in response to the heroes and takes on the skull motif for branding purposes.
That's the thing the rest of the ensemble is mostly irrelevant but he needs a proper skull mask. Homeboy is looking like Prometheus' third cousin in these shots.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If it's Taskmaster, the "Avengers PS4 has no relation to the MCU" people need to sit their asses down.

Also that's a Power Rangers villain

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
when was the last time an on-set costume wasn't heavily touched-up in post? homecoming? if it really is tasky, it could be a protoype suit or they change it via cg. my guess? its just an enemy soldier.

Oct 25, 2017
when was the last time an on-set costume wasn't heavily touched-up in post? homecoming? if it really is tasky, it could be a protoype suit or they change it via cg. my guess? its just an enemy soldier.
They reshape Spidey's head to make it more uniformly oval shaped like how he's drawn in the books, and they do erase little wrinkles in the fabric and stuff like that.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I really don't get him being so armoured up. Taskmaster's whole thing is his mobility. He needs freedom of movement to replicate the movements of others.

"I can do a kick like Daredevil, but if Daredevil were wearing fifty pounds of body armour" is a weird way to go.

Hyperfludd

Oct 27, 2017
This movie takes place in the past right? I really hope that's not Tasky then, I'd like him to be in the current movies. :<