• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
https://steamcommunity.com/games/BlacklightRetribution/announcements/detail/1743359227834202608
Agents,

All good things must come to an end, and so it is with Blacklight: Retribution.

Thank you for so much for your loyal support, and love over the years. From the initial PC Closed Beta in November 2011 to today, it has been a great 7+ years. The joy that we got out of Blacklight: Retribution is a testament to you the fans; your loyalty, dedication, support, and ultimate willingness to try our fun, quirky FPS.

Why is this happening? The reality is Hardsuit Labs has been engaged for some time now in some very interesting projects that require the full focus of the development teams and leadership. The studio capacity and resources are and have been entirely engaged with these projects and will be for the foreseeable future. As such, we officially will no longer be patching, updating, or doing technical support for Blacklight Retribution. Account migration will officially shut down as of today, as will the official support site.

Starting today, all items in the PC store will be made free, and we hope that you continue to enjoy the game and items up until the PC servers are shut down on March 11th, 2019. The PS4 version of Blacklight Retribution will continue to operate as-is since there are no game servers being hosted for it.

We welcome your feedback, comments, questions, and memories on our social media @PlayBlacklight or @HardsuitLabs, our Reddit community here and the BLR Discord channel.

As a studio, Blacklight: Retribution will always have a special place in our hearts. One that is largely due to our amazing community, so thank you to all the Blacklight: Retribution fans out there.

Important Dates
February 8th
* PC Store unlocked and free
* PC Account migration shut down
* PC and PS4 no further updates or patches
March 11th
* PC game servers shut down permanently
* Support shut down for PC and PS4
Only the PC version, PS4 seems to be able to continue without support from the devs.

Did anyone here play the game when it released? I realy liked it, but in the end I lost interest.
Iirc I knew the old studio closed, but it was after I stopped playing.

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I played this on PS4 a bit. Great presentation and visuals marred by laggy and buggy MP and server issues at least when it launched. Played what few games I could get into early then never returned to it.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh this is sad, I put quite the hours into the PC version and it was a very fun game with a great artstyle and setting but yeah after a while almost everybody stopped playing it :/

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
What a shame, this was big on PC a while ago, they made a lot of bad changes though & kinda ignored the PC version.

Oct 27, 2017
I used to play this shit all the time. I remember everybody was waiting for the parity patch because the PC got left out in the cold when they started chasing PS4. Then it happened and no one could stand what it became.

OP
OP
kami_sama

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
One thing that I really liked about the game was the rental system.
You could try the different guns before committing to pay the full amount.