• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017
Ibiza, Balearic Islands, Spain
Diaz Canales (the writer of the comics) just confirmed it on Facebook.

screenshot_2019-04-25r3jtn.png

Cover art is really cool.

Edit: Sorry about that, I was on the phone.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Can't watch the trailer, I assume this will be a 3rd person adventure game?
How does it look like it plays?

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
This looks much better than I imagined. Blacksad is fantastic. This looks to be an original story.

Ardiloso

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory commentary, trolling, and numerous infractions for antagonistic behavior
Ewww.
It triggered hard my furry alert and I'm already sick. No thank you.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I thought this was going to be a remaster of that weird Capcom PS2 game.

This looks interesting though.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I just saw "Under the Skin" and thought we were getting a remaster of the Capcom hidden gem on the PS2. Admittedly, I realize that was very unlikely.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
Awesome. I picked up one of the collections on a whim and thoroughly enjoyed it. What a surprise, I'll likely pick this up day one.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Im kinda saddened by the ammount of people in this thread who don't seem to know what Blacksad is.

Ratazk

Oct 27, 2017
Holy smokes. Never heard of Blacksad before but that trailer gave me some strong TWAU vibes.

Might be a day one buy for me now. Definitely keeping an eye on this.

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
To add on to what Funky Papa said, Blacksad is also one of the best showcases of watercolor illustration mastery in the comic book industry. I fell in love with the art the style the moment I laid eyes on it and was lucky enough to get a book signed by the artist, Juanjo Guarnido at NY Comic Con 2015 or 2016 (my memory is fuzzy). It's definitely a series worth checking out as it's like Raymond Chandler, Dashiel Hammett, and a bit of Sherlock Holmes rolled into one. If anyone wants to talk about the comics in depth, check out the monthly comics thread here:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/comics-ot-april-2019-legendary-af.108818/

Part of me does wish it was cel-shaded to try to match the watercolor style of the comics as close as possible. But having seen this new trailer, I think it looks pretty solid. In my mind though, Blacksad sounded more like Kevin Conroy. Still, the voice actor for the game has a gruffness from the smoking vice which gets the feel right. I'll be following the game as impressions roll out.

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
This looks cool, but even after watching the trailer I'm confused as to what type of game this is 3rd person adventure, visual novel? I thought it was going to be like a wolf among us
Personal opinion obviously but I think that a cel shaded look would have benefitted this game (likely I'm biased given the first part of my post)

I also thought mr. Blacksad would have a ummm blacker voice

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Whoa. I had no idea this even existed.

The comics are incredible, will definitely check this out.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
This looks great. Captures the look of the comic books pretty damn well, which is no small feat.

I wonder what kind of "adventure game" it's going to be. A smaller scale version of L.A. Noire set in the Blacksad universe would be super cool.

RPTGB

Oct 28, 2017
UK
To add on to what Funky Papa said, Blacksad is also one of the best showcases of watercolor illustration mastery in the comic book industry. I fell in love with the art the style the moment I laid eyes on it and was lucky enough to get a book signed by the artist, Juanjo Guarnido at NY Comic Con 2015 or 2016 (my memory is fuzzy). It's definitely a series worth checking out as it's like Raymond Chandler, Dashiel Hammett, and a bit of Sherlock Holmes rolled into one. If anyone wants to talk about the comics in depth, check out the monthly comics thread here:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/comics-ot-april-2019-legendary-af.108818/

Part of me does wish it was cel-shaded to try to match the watercolor style of the comics as close as possible. But having seen this new trailer, I think it looks pretty solid. In my mind though, Blacksad sounded more like Kevin Conroy. Still, the voice actor for the game has a gruffness from the smoking vice which gets the feel right. I'll be following the game as impressions roll out.
Yep, even if they haven't quite nailed Guarnido's wonderful lines and colour washes, the actual colour palette and art direction looks like its heading in the right direction. Some of the animation looked a tad suss but overall this is looking pretty good (fingers crossed).
It could have been so much worse...

cbrotherson

Freelance Games & Comic Book Writer
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Birmingham
An incredible comic book series.

Looking forward to the game - if it ends up being in the same quality bracket as The Wolf Among Us, then I'll be very happy.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
One, excited to see this game coming out this year, holding my thumbs so hard for that it turns out good.

Two, when is comic volume six and seven!?

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I've read Blacksad years ago but only 2-3 books. I honestly thought it was a French comic series xp

desmondcs

Banned
May 9, 2018
Michigan
I've been following this game since it was announced. I heard it was being delayed until November 5th but that might not be a bad thing since September is so packed with games. Not to derail too much, but after seeing the scrapped test footage from Mouse Guard, that'd make a cool game too.

Edit to add video of test footage —

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I've been following this game since it was announced. I heard it was being delayed until November 5th but that might not be a bad thing since September is so packed with games. Not to derail too much, but after seeing the scrapped test footage from Mouse Guard, that'd make a cool game too.

Edit to add video of test footage —

THERE WAS GOING TO BE A MOUSE GUARD GAME?!?!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?