• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
After 6 years with BioWare, acting as Associate Producer on Dragon Age: Inquisition, Mass Effect: Andromeda, and a Producer on Anthem, he's leaving to join Respawn to work on their Star Wars game.

Liked watching his video streams on game development and the ProducerHax podcast he used to do with Billy Buskell. Shame to see BioWare lose another talent though.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Did the *something else* get canceled? Or was it just in concept stage? They've barely got the people for what they make as is.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
It must've been DA4 which got rebooted before Mike Laidlaw left and now has pre-production in the works.

Really hope rebooted just means system wise and not story wise. Cause the Trespasser DLC ended perfectly into DA4. Like it would be horrible if they squandered the massive potential the ending afforded.

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, he could have just wanted to make this game instead.

Bioware's gonna be in good shape if Anthem does well and Bioware's gonna get closed if Anthem somehow megabombs.

We don't need to read too deeply into Bioware right now, all of their staff are on Anthem.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Really hope rebooted just means system wise and not story wise. Cause the Trespasser DLC ended perfectly into DA4. Like it would be horrible if they squandered the massive potential the ending afforded.
Edit: I wrote information which I can't confirm. I remember seeing tweets about Alexis Kennedy no longer being involved with DA4 and his work being discarded, but rechecking his Twitter, I could not find these messages.

Last edited:

SofaJockey

Nov 19, 2017
UK
In tech companies, tenure is typically 3-5 years.
Yet for some reason when a known individual changes job it is seen that the game they may be associated with is 'in trouble'.

The truth is more likely to be the reason why other people change jobs; they got bored; another opportunity for advancement came up; their family circumstances changes, that sort of thing.

A piece of news, but hardly a 'story'.
6 years is pretty reasonable service and now he has moved on, good luck to him.

Oct 27, 2017
Yea, the setup was great and got me hyped. They're missing a great opportunity following it up with DA4 so late:/

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Mike Laidlaw's impression was that they were rebooting the gameplay and live service part of the game as opposed to throwing out the plotline thus far.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
EA is such a confusing company to me. Between people at Respawn leaving, Bioware teams getting fired, directors switching around. It's hard to keep track of what's going on over there.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Mark Darrah, Executive Producer, has already stated on twitter that DA4 won't be announced at E3. Given that Anthem is coming out in March 2019, it's unlikely that they'll want to shift the spotlight away from Anthem.

Huh. I didn't realize this. Not surprised, but I didn't realize there was confirmation it wasn't going to be there.