• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheJackdog

Oct 27, 2017
played it on game pass, never finished it, but it was...alright? the creepy woods atmosphere is fantastic but the "combat" is a rough

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I beat this with my friends on game pass in one night. It wasn't horrible but it also wasn't anything I'd ever play again without making a drinking game out of it. You can probably get more enjoyment seeing funny lets players go through it.

BigHatPaul

May 28, 2019
Really isn't worth buying. Nothing about it is great. It's as okay as it gets, but still falls below average.

Dee Bill

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
I tried this game on Gamepass and uninstalled it after almost 2 hours of playing, it's shit. Don't even bother. The game is janky, framerate is really bad and most of all, the game is boring. Trailers made it look way better than what it actually is.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Tried it on my X and then moved to PC at a certain point (the game supports Xbox Cloud saves).

My tip - if you want to play it, play it on PC.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Unintended side-effect of launching your game (timed) exclusively on Game Pass:

Devaluing it on every other platform where you have to pay money for it? I wonder...

I know it's EXTREMELY irrational, but knowing it was on Game Pass makes it hard for me to pay full price for it on PS4.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017

Devaluing it on every other platform where you have to pay money for it? I wonder...

I know it's EXTREMELY irrational, but knowing it was on Game Pass makes it hard for me to pay full price for it on PS4.

same here :/ now I'm just hoping it comes to plus.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Did it launch on Switch or PS4? Please let's not do the semantics thing. It's tiresome and it's early this morning.
It did launch on PC (steam and W10) also and you could buy normal copies of the game on Xbox and PC. Not sure what you mean with semantics.
You say "exclusively on Game Pass" not need to get angry when i just correct that.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK

I'm exactly the same.

But at the same time if you can afford it and want the game badly enough you should reward the devs and buy it, gotta buy the nice things to get more nice things.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Didn't Microsoft funded or something like that?
No, they just went in to an agreement to get it on Game Pass day one.
It wasn't exclusive to Game Pass, it was available for purchase on Xbox too. There are no Game Pass exclusives. It also launched on Steam and Xbox PC app.
Did it launch on Switch or PS4? Please let's not do the semantics thing. It's tiresome and it's early this morning.
And perhaps discussion forums aren't for you if you don't want your mistakes to be corrected. And lol @ "early this morning", you sound like a stroppy teenager :)

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This game was really buggy and laggy when I played it on the Xbox. There was a lot of problems with performance and AI stuff. I think if those problems were fixed it would be a decent horror game.

Sep 19, 2019
Hamburg- Germany
I actually enjoyed it til the part I played but then got distracted by other games on gamepass and never returned to it yet.

One "downside" of gamepass I guess but somehow a good one ? Can't decide really. Life is hard XD

RoslindaleOne

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was a solid game. I had some fun with it despite the technical issues. Never crashed on my Xbox One X with 2.5 playthroughs. Guess I got lucky.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Since most people are here for a Corrections segment instead of discussion the meat of the intended statement, let me (1) admit I
used the wrong language to describe the situation and (2) reword it, even though the point remains the same:

Unintended side-effect of launching your on Game Pass, before other console releases:

Devaluing it on every other console platform where you have to pay money for it? I wonder... I know it's EXTREMELY irrational, but knowing it was on Game Pass makes it hard for me to pay full price for it on PS4.

I stand corrected and wouldn't mind anyone that actually wants to discuss that idea on this discussion board. Maybe I'm in the vast minority here; even Outer Wilds has me waiting to see if there's any type of sale I can grab it on, knowing it was already part of a discounted program elsewhere.

Luckily The Outer Worlds I was able to get from GameFly for a discount as well. Maybe I just hate that it feels like I'm not getting the "best deal" or even a "deal" at all, knowing a lot of other people are?

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Hey, if you're a Blair Witch fan, don't bother.
If you're a horror game fan, don't bother.
If you're a fan of good games, don't bother.

This has been a JigglesBunny PSA.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
I quite liked it. Gameplay was strong and full of Blair Witch fanservice. Just my opinion though.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
How's the sound design in this game? Considering it's Blair Witch it better be top notch.

Also did they do anything with the idea the movie had where you can occasionally catch a glimpse of something walking around?

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
It was a 5 or 6 out of 10 for me. Cant believe IGN gave it a 9/10 and said it "belongs in the pantheon of horror greats like Silent Hill". Fuck IGN right in their ass for that, got people hyped about a horror game and then it's this layers of fear lite garbage.

Oct 27, 2017
I've heard the performance is piss poor? Wonder what it'll be like on PS4. Same I expect. Half intrigued to pick this up, although I've heard a lot of bad stuff about it.