• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
BlankaChan-750x400.jpg

News on the Street Fighter V front has been sort of dry of late, a new season arrived with your standard patch notes, nerfs, buffs, Shin Dan, er, Kage, and not much else. A stark contrast to last year's "Arcade Edition" reveal that showcased all six DLC characters at once, and introduced a second V Trigger to each character.

As we wait on news from our overlord Capcom, many have been wondering, "is this all we're getting for 2019?"

Well fans, worry not, CapGOD has delivered yet again, albeit very clearly inadvertently, with the 'Blanka glitch.'

Here's how it works. When Blanka has full super meter, he can perform the super, but not actually use the meter, thus freezing the entire game EXCEPT BLANKA. Blanka is then free to do whatever the fuck he chooses, and because the super meter was not used, he can do it repeatedly to his heart's content. This unlocks infinitives even Marvel vs. Capcom would kneel before.

The motion is to perform his super attack, and plink it into his jungle hop (KKK). Might sound complicated if you're unfamiliar with fighting games, but trust me it's so simple a caveman could do it.

As a result, Lord Blanka has shot up the tier list from mid-tier, to JUST PUT YOUR DAMN CONTROLLER DOWN FOOL-tier.

Whereas normally this would be frowned upon, we've been so anxiously awaiting any kind of word from Capcom in regards to season four that the community is actually enjoying this for what it is and having a blast with it. To the point where some in the community are asking, "is this the best thing to ever happen to SF?"

NOW. Get out there and have a blast, but remember if you're doing this online have respect and do it only in casual matches.

FYI, yes Capcom has responded that they are aware. Beyond that, we don't have a date. Could be tonight, could be next month. However, EVO Japan is this weekend so I hope it's sooner rather than later unless you enjoy all-Blanka top eights.

Here are examples of the community at work....

Xian fucking around

Oct 27, 2017
Because there is one random bug that it took months for users to discover?
Man you really do not care anymore about your posting, huh?
This happens all the time with tech stuff, this isnt really indicative of their interest in the game lol
Of course it'd be Blanka with the bug.

SelfishWideeyedIbex-max-1mb.gif
I get that people are disappointed with SFV's latest "season" (and SFV in general. I know I am.) but how does a bizarre glitch making its way in mean Capcom doesn't care?
Because there is one random bug that it took months for users to discover?

I mean, I've been following and posting about this game since it launched. It's just my general morale towards it has decreased significantly because support for it has been so lackluster in so many areas.

Like funny glitch sure, but it does feel like somewhat indicative of the lack of polish that has been put into this game. And I think that I am allowed to be disappointed by that fact as someone who's pretty much been optimistic over everything this game had to go through.

SweetVermouth

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
This actually looks like a cool mechanic. I mean it's not supposed to be one and it's ridiculously OP, but maybe in a future game?
Like funny glitch sure, but it does feel like somewhat indicative of the lack of polish that has been put into this game.
There is no way Capcom could have possibly discovered that glitch. It was found after millions of hours of play time... They acknowledged it pretty quickly and are working on a fix. This has nothing to do with lack of polish, it just happens and I don't even like SFV.

Waddle Dee

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
California
I mean, I've been following and posting about this game since it launched. It's just my general morale towards it has decreased significantly because support for it has been so lackluster in so many areas.

Like funny glitch sure, but it does feel like somewhat indicative of the lack of polish that has been put into this game. And I think that I am allowed to be disappointed by that fact as someone who's pretty much been optimistic over everything this game had to go through.

Pffft. This ain't an obvious glitch. It took the player base time to find it. Glitches like this happen all the time in fighting games. Marvel 3 and it's Ultimate version had several glitches like this and those games are brilliant.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

So one glitch that in a game that took users months and months to encounter is a sign of a lack of polish? If that's standard it probably applies to nearly every game or piece of software released.

Feels more like you made a drive by comment expecting there to be a dogpile and are now just trying to justify it.

Deleted member 4037

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You can be disappointed in a lot of things in this game. Saying a very specific bug shows they dont care is silly though. Bugs always slip through in everything tech. Intel chips had been using speculative execution since the 90's and it wasnt until 2017 when people found out ways to abuse that. Its not really about a lack of caring, shit just happens. Unless this is part of an ongoing problem, im sure it will get patched, its not a big deal

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan

Believe me when I say that I usually jump at any chance to shit on SFV.

But "bugs" are not something they've fucked up on. Sure, a few bugs still manage to squeeze through here and there but there is literally no piece of software in existence that got all its bugs caught and fixed pre-release. All things considered, Capcpom have even been surprisingly FAST about patching any unintended bugs that got through QA as compared to other FG developers.

Oct 27, 2017
This actually looks like a cool mechanic. I mean it's not supposed to be one and it's ridiculously OP, but maybe in a future game?

There is no way Capcom could have possibly discovered that glitch. It was found after millions of hours of play time... They acknowledged it pretty quickly and are working on a fix. This has nothing to do with lack of polish, it just happens and I don't even like SFV.
Pffft. This ain't an obvious glitch. It took the player base time to find it. Glitches like this happen all the time in fighting games. Marvel 3 and it's Ultimate version had several glitches like this and those games are brilliant.
You can be disappointed in a lot of things in this game. Saying a very specific bug shows they dont care is silly though. Bugs always slip through in everything tech. Intel chips had been using speculative execution since the 90's and it wasnt until 2017 when people found out ways to abuse that. Its not really about a lack of caring, shit just happens. Unless this is part of an ongoing problem, im sure it will get patched, its not a big deal
Believe me when I say that I usually jump at any chance to shit on SFV.

But "bugs" are not something they've fucked up on. Sure, a few bugs still manage to squeeze through here and there but there is literally no piece of software in existence that got all its bugs caught and fixed pre-release. All things considered, Capcpom have even been surprisingly FAST about patching any unintended bugs as compared to other FG developers.

I guess what y'all are saying is true. Again, with general morale it's just sort of upsetting to see whenever the game gets brought up that it has to do with some weird issue it has, hence my response.

I do get that what I said was an overstatement, but it wasn't intended to be drive-by posting. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
That's because negativity is spread more than the norm.

For me it's that plus my own personal criticisms, with how characters have been handled in balance patches, the near complete removal of fight money, the lack of new content and how some of the animations and models are just off (especially in Season 3). I still like the game a lot, but it definitely feels like they could put more work into it, and my overall view of the game went down a lot after Capcom Cup a few months ago with their weird lack of communication regarding what Season 4 will bring.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for this to become an actual Super for Blanka in SFVI, watch them call it something like "Beast speed".

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
While this is funny to watch, I would likely be salty as fuck if someone did this to me mid match.

Shit, if Blanka's going to have the good shit, let me start doing some HnK combos

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Is this a glitch that was introduced recently in a patch or something that was there all along? If the latter, pretty impressive it took this long to find it lol.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017

YEa fuk Capcom right. Not like this glitch was found nearly a year after Blanka came out.

Theres a lot of things you can bash Capcom and SFV about. This isn't one of em.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Is this a glitch that was introduced recently in a patch or something that was there all along? If the latter, pretty impressive it took this long to find it lol.
I don't think this was possible in Season 3 going from the Trial mode. In Vol. 3, I can't do this with Blanka at all, while I can in the Volume 4 trials. So I assume the S4 update of December 2018 is what made this possible.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Ranked matches will just be a race to see who can glitch win first. Im just curious to see how long it takes this ass incompetent team to fix this