• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
The platforming in this game will be the death of me. The snow area.....fuck who ever designed that 3 times, no lube. Asshole!

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Guess I am done with the game. 80% complete, with areas on the map that look like they should be enterable, yet there's nothing there, or there's no way in yet. Killed every available boss, and even went to the
Wall of Holy Prohibitions
but am missing one key (I have the vendor one) so I cannot progress through there either.

Backtracked everywhere and nothing new has opened up, and the pilgrim is MIA, and I only have
two of the three toes.

Here, specifically I should be able to go up one floor higher, but am not able to, and I've placed the required items...
D0EADFEA914843381C79C11FB0692167244BB9DA

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Sanctuary

the third vendor has a key for the jail section, costs like 9999 tears

the pilgrim goes from the mountain -> to the place with the knot npc, to in front of the cathdral, to a room on the northeast of the cathedral (in the mother of soemthing zone, the yellow one)

The last mask you need to go further up is in the jail which you havent done.

And like I said in the PM you are missing the falling down pits relic apparently

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
It's like the Dark Souls of Prince of Persia, but without being as good of a platformer. Hopefully in the patch they address the stickiness of your character and ledges, because right now the proximity is way too far. There's no left/right guiding your character as they fall around ledges, because he will always grab them without fail. There's also no simple way to drop straight down off of a ledge that you are already holding onto via hands or sword either.

definitely true, the boss with the upwards scrolling screen made this crystal clear, it was very imprecise at times and overly sticky when just wanting to jump higher. this was the first time i was like "well, this could be better" :-)

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Sanctuary

the third vendor has a key for the jail section, costs like 9999 tears

the pilgrim goes from the mountain -> to the place with the knot npc, to in front of the cathdral, to a room on the northeast of the cathedral (in the mother of soemthing zone, the yellow one)

The last mask you need to go further up is in the jail which you havent done.

And like I said in the PM you are missing the falling down pits relic apparently

Nah.

I bought the key a long time ago. I was missing the scribe key, which is actually found in that area. There's a fourth key that operates a bridge, or elevator or something that is nowhere to be found, the pilgrim is MIA (met him in the brotherhood area, Jondo and in each of those places got a toe, yet when I visited him in his third area, he just rambled about how maybe being a pilgrim means they are the biggest sinners of all or something, gave me nothing then disappeared. In the Mother area all there is, is the pilgrim statue, and that hallway that had the crying/tortured woman that I gave three items to and got nothing in return after she was set free. The supplicant who was also in that room is now gone.

There's obtuseness, and then there's this.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
The key you want is from the jail zone boss so finish that zone, the only key from outside was the inquisitor the others are all there, you missed the pilgrim in the area where you fell trees in spikes near the start, and the applicant goes to the balcony to the west side of the cathedral that overlooks the entrance (like its 2 rooms above the entrance).

You seem frustrated atm tho lol, which I get dont get me wrong. I myself am giving up on this final mea culpa just cba with this chalice run after a few failed run.

Last edited:

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Two questions:

1) There are some areas that I can't reach, and there looks to be some kind of vine or similar you can hook(?) to. Where do you get this power-up?
2) There's a puzzle in the Desecrated Cistern where there are two murals on the walls that change count when you exit/reenter the room from the left and right. It seems to count up to 5 before resetting. Has anyone figured this one out? EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out!

Last edited:

DonaldKimball

Oct 28, 2017
Is the frozen tree quest needed for 100%? This is some real fucking bullshit if it is because it's incredibly easy to miss. 12 hours in and I want to quit the game because of this crap.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
The key you want is from the jail zone boss so finish that zone, the only key from outside was the inquisitor the others are all there, you missed the pilgrim in the area where you fell trees in spikes near the start, and the applicant goes to the balcony to the west side of the cathedral that overlooks the entrance (like its 2 rooms above the entrance).

You seem frustrated atm tho lol, which I get dont get me wrong. I myself am giving up on this final mea culpa just cba with this chalice run after a few failed run.

All I needed to do was kill cheap ass, death-loop-combo Quirce, who to fight you had to go all the way to the left from the ladder, even though the map was shown to be complete...

Also I met the pilgrim in the area with the spikes where you knock the trees down. So I guess I've seen him four times? Yet only have two items.

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
This last boss...

Oh nvm hes easy when you figure it out and I barely had to heal when I killed him lol.

Whew that was a ride, absolutely loved it but I can see how its divisive. Probably one of my faves this year, certainly glad I bought it which I was reluctant because I expected 20 not 25 (well 22.50 with the launch discount).

Final stats 25 hours 95.75% oh well.

Edit: got the true ending, checked the bad ending on YT and its actually quite different, even then post credit scene, which is nice.

Last edited:

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
This last boss...

Oh nvm hes easy when you figure it out and I barely had to heal when I killed him lol.

Whew that was a ride, absolutely loved it but I can see how its divisive. Probably one of my faves this year, certainly glad I bought it which I was reluctant because I expected 20 not 25 (well 22.50 with the launch discount).

Final stats 25 hours 95.75% oh well.

Edit: got the true ending, checked the bad ending on YT and its actually quite different, even then post credit scene, which is nice.

So apparently...

I had already met Redanto at every point, and did everything he asked of me. But then when I returned to the last area he was in (which is the Patio of the Silent Steps with all the spikes and those enemies that create toxic thorns) and talked to him again, he finally gave me the third toe.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why in the world does my playtime shoes 27h 37m with 23% when I actually played ....2/2.5 hours ?

i don't get It. Does the timer goes on even when the system is sleeping ?

Oct 25, 2017
Just looking for a little direction: I just finished the
Wall of Something-or-Other area, beat that boss, then took the elevator all the way to the top of the peak and got the item.

Not really sure where to go from here. It happens a lot when I play these kinds of games, I get a focused really narrowly on the task at hand and forget what I'm even trying to accomplish. Can anyone point me the right way? I'm like 70% complete and have finished a *lot* of areas, so I imagine I'm close to the end.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Just looking for a little direction: I just finished the
Wall of Something-or-Other area, beat that boss, then took the elevator all the way to the top of the peak and got the item.

Not really sure where to go from here. It happens a lot when I play these kinds of games, I get a focused really narrowly on the task at hand and forget what I'm even trying to accomplish. Can anyone point me the right way? I'm like 70% complete and have finished a *lot* of areas, so I imagine I'm close to the end.

You need to go back to
Archcathedral Rooftops and to the elevator with the three faces. You need to place the mask you just got on it. There are a total of three masks, and each one you add grants access to a higher floor with the elevator.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Can anyone help me on how to get access to those small vine patches in order to reach new areas? :)

EDIT: nevermind, seems I just got this power!

Last edited:

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
The platforming in this game will be the death of me. The snow area.....fuck who ever designed that 3 times, no lube. Asshole!

Oh, you think that's rage inducing? It just gets more masochistic from there.

You finally get it? I just got it after two failed runs. There's really only two tricky areas to get through. One room was bad enough even without having to worry about actually losing something through death.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Sanctuary Nah I gave up and just went ahead and finished the game earlier. I wasnt gonna have 100% anyway as I was missing 4 cherubs and however many bones. I finished at 95.75% hey.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Two questions:

1) There are some areas that I can't reach, and there looks to be some kind of vine or similar you can hook(?) to. Where do you get this power-up?
2) There's a puzzle in the Desecrated Cistern where there are two murals on the walls that change count when you exit/reenter the room from the left and right. It seems to count up to 5 before resetting. Has anyone figured this one out? EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out!
Hey uhhhh you said "nevermind figured it out", but I am trying to figure out this same puzzle, maybe a hint for those who search for this in the future? (and myself please)

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have a guide for the bones yet? Think it's all I'm missing.

Also
my collectible bell is ringing in the house in Albero but I can't find anything. Might be a bug.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely loving the game so far.

The music is the real surprise though. This might be the best soundtrack I've heard in a really long time.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Got to Gemino, the "tree" NPC in the snowy area that some here have said is a timed sidequest. Where is the oil to fill the thimble that he asks for?

My only complaint of the game so far is ladders. You have to be perfectly center to grab on, which makes some pit/spike jumps annoying unless you spam up.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know what to do after I beat the snake / giant baby boss?

Got to Gemino, the "tree" NPC in the snowy area that some here have said is a timed sidequest. Where is the oil to fill the thimble that he asks for?
I ended up finding it just through regular exploration. It's deeper into the snowy area. If you're thorough you can't really miss it.[/ispoiler]

Sir Laguna

Oct 27, 2017
Got to the final boss (with 79.5%)

First form is really easy. Second form seems beatable but the fight will be loooong.

I hope there's no final form.

Anyone know what to do after I beat the snake / giant baby boss?

I ended up finding it just through regular exploration. It's deeper into the snowy area. If you're thorough you can't really miss it.[/ispoiler]

Go to the highest part of the cathedral, use the mask you got after beating the baby in the elevator and go as high as possible, then go left to the 'prison' area.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Hey uhhhh you said "nevermind figured it out", but I am trying to figure out this same puzzle, maybe a hint for those who search for this in the future? (and myself please)

I solved it by putting 4 on the left wall, 2 on the right wall. Was the only thing that made sense after "speaking" to the corpses in the same room, about the half coming back.

Begaria

Oct 27, 2017
This game sure likes its cryptic bullshit for practically everything doesn't it? Right down to getting some useful traversal skills it looks like.

Nov 22, 2017
So, I am at the last boss and standing at 92.75% with all cherubs found, all weapon upgrades, and 2 bones missing I think...
Does anyone knows what the
Dried Clove is for ? I thought it was to be given to the healer in the house in Albero but he doesn't seem to want it
also, regarding the
the bell which rings in presence of a secret, does it still rings even if the secret has been uncovered ? It rings in the house in Albero but t here doesn't seem to be anything there...
Also, I never requested
Viridiana's help, doesn't seem to change anything ?

Last edited:

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
Those rosary beads that supposedly give you defense boost or strength boost seem to be a scam. Or else I'm mistaken in expecting these effects...

Nov 22, 2017
Well, explored a little more, finished the game with both endings at 98.75%...
So close, I think I am missing two bones..
Not sure I have the will to look for them.. Good game

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
I love the aesthetic -- pixelated gothic, religious horror -- but I see some really alarming things about the controls. I grew up on the Mega Man franchise, so I'm used to watertight controls and the commentary makes me want to wait for a potential update that addresses the issues.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Those rosary beads that supposedly give you defense boost or strength boost seem to be a scam. Or else I'm mistaken in expecting these effects...

Yeah, that's what it seems like, although I never decided to test hits on weaker enemies. Mid to late game, even with the defensive rosaries, each hit you take is about a vial's worth of damage from most later enemies, which is about the same you took early on to the weaker, earlier enemies. So maybe they do actually work, but with the escalation in enemy damage, it doesn't actually feel like your character is getting any more defensive.

I love the aesthetic -- pixelated gothic, religious horror -- but I see some really alarming things about the controls. I grew up on the Mega Man franchise, so I'm used to watertight controls and the commentary makes me want to wait for a potential update that addresses the issues.

It's definitely not Mega Man (or Hollow Knight) tight for platforming. That's the game I first compared it to as well. You can adjust to it, and it's enough to get you through the game, but it doesn't feel great for a platformer IMO. It's somewhat floaty, and your character also "skates" an inch or two like he has constant momentum, even if you barely move him left or right. He's also way too clingy when it comes to ledges that you don't actually want to grab (and ironically, he will whiff right through a few that you actually want him to grab). Here's a tip though: if you want to drop off of a ledge, hold straight down for a second and a half. Save you some headaches.

I think the game overall was a 7.5/10 and a large part of that was because of the 6/10 platforming. If they can actually fix the platforming, since that's such a large part of the game, I think it will be a much better experience overall.

Last edited:

Gots

Feb 20, 2019
Canada
Only about 3 hours in, but this is extremely my jam. Love it so far, best Metriodvania I've played in a long time. Can see myself playing through this every few years or so.

Kitokys

Nov 29, 2017
So, I am at the last boss and standing at 92.75% with all cherubs found, all weapon upgrades, and 2 bones missing I think...
Does anyone knows what the
Dried Clove is for ? I thought it was to be given to the healer in the house in Albero but he doesn't seem to want it
also, regarding the
the bell which rings in presence of a secret, does it still rings even if the secret has been uncovered ? It rings in the house in Albero but t here doesn't seem to be anything there...
Also, I never requested
Viridiana's help, doesn't seem to change anything ?

1.) I believe that quest is time-sensitive. I had two items I couldn't turn in on my first play-through, but on my second play-through I was able to turn them in.

2.) Yes, I believe that is the case. Not happy about it, tbh.

3.) I believe it only triggers if you are in danger of dying.

Elodes

Looks to the Moon
Nov 1, 2017
The Netherlands
I'll echo those complaints... The game's look is extremely my jam, but the controls, especially in the platforming, really hamper the fun.

What's especially bad is that falling into a cliff is an instant kill. This is fine in Dark Souls, where you only fall in a pit once every five hours on average. It's not so great here, since you can easily fall once every five minutes or so in some areas.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm having an issue with saving on Switch. A few times now when I load my game in not at the last alter I prayed at. I have my items and progress, I'm just across the map at another alter I used 2-3 altars ago.

I just loaded the game this morning, last altar I used was in the town. Instead I was over in Mercy Dreams.

Anyone else?

May 24, 2019
While the game is beautiful visually and sonically, I'm finding the platforming to be a bit of an impediment to enjoying it. The finicky ledge-grabbing you have to do to survive in the
upwards autoscroller boss fight
is bad enough, but the 1-hit KO spikes and pits that you come across are even worse. Some of them are placed so that if you aren't quite close enough to the edge when you jump, you will fall into the trap, dying mere inches from safety. To me, this is unfun.

But then I've finished the White Palace in Hollow Knight.

I don't recall the White Palace having any insta-kill traps, though.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played for a hour and a half or so last night before bed. Had some fucked up dreams.

Setting/aesthetic doing its job haha

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody here play Death's Gambit? These two games are very similar but for some reason, Blasphemous is clicking a lot bit more for me. I wanted to like DG but it was just a buggy, unfun mess (at least at launch). Kinda crazy to me how similar both games are, not only aesthetically but also the way they play/feel.