• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
5e46571314874139.png

8d88351314874118.png

76e7fd1314884537.png

screenshot4.png

screenshot19.png

screenshot1.png
screenshot5.png
198c7f1314881866.png

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it confirmed if the pointy helmet bangs against door frames?

May 17, 2019
Honestly not sure how this will fall, could be awful, could be great. I've only played one 2d Dark Souls inspired game that was any good: Unworthy. The rest of the bunch like Salt & Sanctuary, Death's Gambit, and Sundered range from mediocre to horrid.

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Honestly not sure how this will fall, could be awful, could be great. I've only played one 2d Dark Souls inspired game that was any good: Unworthy. The rest of the bunch like Salt & Sanctuary, Death's Gambit, and Sundered range from mediocre to horrid.
There was a demo a few days ago, but I get why you're worried :P. Personally, I liked what I saw.

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
I really just want more Hollow Knight. Is there any chance this is remotely similar? It looks cool.

Oct 26, 2017
Been looking forward to this for a while, it's annoying how it releases so close to other stuff but I think I'm still gonna jump in.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Nice simple but beautiful OT. I don't know when I'll buy this but I'm very eager to finally play it! I'm excited for another Spanish studio getting big indie games out there and hope it reviews well and gets recognition.

Salt& sanctuary looks bad to me and I didn't like Death's gambit almost at all, but what I've played of this (the recent steam demo) had a really good feel and made me quite excited! This one will be good. I don't fully like Dead cells either. Gotta check Unworthy out. Sundered isn't even a soulslike it's more like a bad Dead cells I think.

I really just want more Hollow Knight. Is there any chance this is remotely similar? It looks cool.

Well, kinda. What was shown in the demo wasn't as big on metroidvania design but it was just the beginning of the game, and in terms of traversal mechanics and upgrades/customization it can end up being quite more limited I imagine, but it has in common a very original setting and mechanics that just work and feel right. I've got good expectations and I loved Hollow Knight. This one will probably be shorter/smaller though but it's ok to me.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Does this game have a proper map system? I couldn't get into Salt and Sanctuary or Death's Gambit because they didn't have traditional Metroivania-style maps that actually showed individual rooms.

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
Got this on my Switch wishlist but waiting for reviews to come in. When is the embargo lifted?

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Does this game have a proper map system? I couldn't get into Salt and Sanctuary or Death's Gambit because they didn't have traditional Metroivania-style maps that actually showed individual rooms.
Death's Gambit's getting a full overhaul of the mechanics and stuff on a DLC actually. They're gonna add a map as well.

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
Backed during the kickstarter and have been eager since.

Mentioned in the OP, but here's the particulars of the Switch performance:

It's nice the devs put in the extra effort to ensure it would properly run on the system at launch.......unlike some others :P

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
Ok I'm sold, Hollow Knight is also a ''20 hour game'' too and It took me 80 hours to finish my first playthrough (Completion 108%)

Yes like hollow knight, it depends on what you do, the game has multiple paths, and secret areas, and multiple secret bosses. Hidden quest. Etc.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Great to see them on rails for an apparent good release, because The Last Door is one my favorite adventure game.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Hope this does well, cause it looks the most appealing aesthetically for me out of these 2D action-adventure games.

jobboy

Mar 24, 2018
this or salt and sanctuary? consider i completed hollow knight, bloodstained and monster boy in a row.

Silence_and_I

May 7, 2018
Guys, anybody knows if they've sent the review copies already? Because we haven't received ours yet and there's been no answer from the publisher.

Last edited:

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Been hyped for this since its first reveal. Looks like an ultra gritty take on Castlevania. Now to choose which platform to get it on. I'm leaning towards the Switch version.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Really looking forward to this. Glad to hear the Switch version is shaping up well.
Death's Gambit's getting a full overhaul of the mechanics and stuff on a DLC actually. They're gonna add a map as well.
Oh, that's cool. Death's Gambit is really close to being good. Hopefully the DLC will help.