• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
ok back to progressing been fucking around looking at every nook and corner for the last 2 hours or so >_<

Dphex are the
Cathedral Rooftops
the last area?

edit: Nope its not lol

Last edited:

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
so another couple of mysteries:

I found no way or item to help jumping out of water/sludge. There are at least 2 spots in the Cistern, one for a item, one to progress, where you cant jump high enough to reach something because of the sludge.

Also have found no grappling hook / vine type thing to reach places where you clearly see some green vines to attach...something.

Anyone figured these out?

I was coming to ask the same thing :

544-F45-D1-E1-EC-4-F88-A96-D-AD4-CBAD664-E3.jpg

I dunno how to reach this area where the chest is. I tried hit+jump on the shield mob but it wasn't conclusive

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I was coming to ask the same thing :

544-F45-D1-E1-EC-4-F88-A96-D-AD4-CBAD664-E3.jpg

I dunno how to reach this area where the chest is. I tried hit+jump on the shield mob but it wasn't conclusive

that one I can tell you exactly how to get. You need to:

Drop down from area above, using the relic that lets you fall down pits (you need 20 cherubs for it)

more or less, yes.
there is a "final area" after that but it is more like a backdrop for the last stretch

I liked the
black outline vs 2 giants
bit. I mean it was easy, but it looked cool :)

"What? You mistimed a jump by a millisecond? Well, get fucked! Enjoy waisting 5-10 minutes getting back here just to fuck up again!"

raise you "walk into a room and imediatly fall into spikes because they are right by the entrance" like it just happened to me near the end lol

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney

Drop down from area above, using the relic that lets you fall down pits (you need 20 cherubs for it)

I liked the

raise you "walk into a room and imediatly fall into spikes because they are right by the entrance" like it just happened to me near the end lol
Upon reading this I immediately died to spikes hidden just out of view when I dropped from a platform.

Deleted member 23046

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I liked the

Thank you, I was excepting some roleplay solution like cleaning water and gaz.

Deleted member 23046

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A little reminder, the game saves on quit - everything (items collected, map revealed) except your position.

Also, the ground hit after a jump seems to open hidden areas, I just discovered by chance (need to confirm, it could be a normal jump). It isn't hard to figure where it's possible to find such access if you look closely at the map (thicker lines).

22434768-4-D5-D-4-FC8-96-F7-BBDAD55-F5-B94.jpg

Edit : doesn't seem to work in another place, so it's still unclear for me.

Last edited:

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
You know, after beating the boss of Mercy dreams, I'm getting "Yeah, this was probably meant to be the the path I was meant to go first." vibes, Like with Undead Burg and the Graveyard.

Except I already beat the boss at the bell, instead of getting my ass beat by skelicktons and giving up.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
welp, I dont know how to finish these sidequests, unless this is the end but I didnt get anything from them so I doubt it. Its fucking Dark Souls all over again.

Spoilers ahead

1 - The pilgrim -
after meeting him at the mountain, you meet him later at the west most zone that links back to the starting area, where you use the knots. Then you meet him in front of the cathedral, and then finally (well I guess not finally, but from his talk its the final place) in a room with a statue of a guy bowing, he's there praying to it. Nothing happened tho.

2 - The suffering lady -
gave her 3 marks you get from those electricity mace knight guys (oh yes, that boss comes back, albeit weaker, 3 times), she disapears, and the guy goes on about the Dream. I guess I need to go back inside the dream in the village to see if shes there. Edit: nope shes not in the dream at least not from the village fountain

I did find the 6th mea culpa, jsut 1 more to go.

Did I do something wrong? The tree dude never talked to me and was always a tree :(

watchu talking about?

Last edited:

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
You know, after beating the boss of Mercy dreams, I'm getting "Yeah, this was probably meant to be the the path I was meant to go first." vibes, Like with Undead Burg and the Graveyard.

Except I already beat the boss at the bell, instead of getting my ass beat by skelicktons and giving up.

I was already used to "Souls" by the time Dark Souls arrived, but fuck me if the blurriness of the PS3 screwed with my perception for a good two hours. I could not actually make out the stairs leading up from Firelink Shrine, so I ran through the graveyard initially. I kept dying in the catacombs, and at first I wasn't upset, but then I started getting annoyed and knew the game was supposed to be somewhat hard, but I felt like they were overdoing it for a "beginner" area. LMAO. At least I found the Zweihander super early though.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played for a few hours last night. Doesn't deserve to mentioned in the same breath as Hollow Knight and Salt & Sanctuary, though I think it's ok and on a par with Death's Gambit.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Oh I had the items I needed for this quest after all...

Just did the ball of hair down in grievous ascent. The 3 items you need are:

1- the melted gold coins
2- the torn bridal sash
3- black grieving veil

You get an egg, the lore on it says it needs heat to be hatched. You then take it to the tree in the mountains of dusk, go off screen and back again and you get the hatched egg. If you take it back to the lady she tells you it needs to be blessed so you take it to the guy in the dream and you get... the relic to cross those vines on the walls finally!

Welp that's one of the mystery items / mechanics solved.

Last edited:

Enforcer

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So I got to the Dessecrated Cistern and the framerate is definitely not 60 fps on Switch. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come later on.

Sigh.

Bastos

Oct 25, 2017
welp, I dont know how to finish these sidequests, unless this is the end but I didnt get anything from them so I doubt it. Its fucking Dark Souls all over again.

Spoilers ahead

1 - The pilgrim -
after meeting him at the mountain, you meet him later at the west most zone that links back to the starting area, where you use the knots. Then you meet him in front of the cathedral, and then finally (well I guess not finally, but from his talk its the final place) in a room with a statue of a guy bowing, he's there praying to it. Nothing happened tho.

2 - The suffering lady -
gave her 3 marks you get from those electricity mace knight guys (oh yes, that boss comes back, albeit weaker, 3 times), she disapears, and the guy goes on about the Dream. I guess I need to go back inside the dream in the village to see if shes there. Edit: nope shes not in the dream at least not from the village fountain

I did find the 6th mea culpa, jsut 1 more to go.

watchu talking about?
The Tree guy from "Where Olive Trees Wither", a friend talked to him but I never had the option to talk to him.

Bate

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
at the bottom of the Mercy Dreams area there is a closed gate with an opening mechanism on the other side. On the map it looks like I reached the end of the area. How can you access what's behind that gate?

edit: the location is below the fast travel room

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Ersdras is an irritating difficulty spike.

He's nothing. Just make sure to keep an eye out for where his lightning is about to spawn from and make liberal use of the dash attack to chase him and avoid damage. He can also be parried.

Wait until the next boss.
Hey, we heard you like Strider. Here, have a boss that's like a Strider boss, except random as fuck, hides off screen while attacking, does obscene damage and also has a one-shot attack if you happen to be in the area. have fun!

I never got a reply from it either, ask your friend what he did >_>

Did he never talk to you, or did he just not talk to you again after asking for the oil?
Once you fill the thimble with oil, return to him and he will speak again even if you kept getting "no response" or whatever after the initial conversation.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone managed to get the
oil from the thing in the Nun Convent up north?

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone managed to get the
oil from the thing in the Nun Convent up north?

Yes, and my edit above mentions it sort of. Unless you're talking about something else. I thought it was after a boss or something, just sitting there in one of those urns or whatever that look like the ones you extend your mana bar with, except yellowish green instead of blue. You had to have had the
thimble, which is given to you just from talking to the tree initially.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
You have to reach there before you reach any other area or he will turn into a tree, that npc is on a time count.

On my first attempt at a playthrough I went to that area as my first progression path, but when I restarted, I did not go there until much later and it was the same as before. If you mean a literal timer as in minutes or hours, then it must have been pure luck that I managed to reach it in time.

Last edited:

Deleted member 22070

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Where / when the fuck will I be able to fast travel ? I'm like 4/5 hours in and still haven't found a way to TP !?

I love the game but man is it infuriating at times and really tedious atm for me. The game could really need some tweaking when it comes to controls and frame / animation prioritizing, especially with platforming and, worse, when certain ennemies (especially distance attacking ones) are added into the mix. It's responsive but at the same time it's not in certain areas it's hard to describe. Also not being able to attack when climbing walls (I know the sword is used to stay vertical) leads to some really cheap situations.

Also certain ennemies placement is super cheap, gratuitous even just to fuck you over for no particular reason other than "'cause fuck you". I hate that.

Despite all that, I still like it a lot... The presentation, art direction, universe and overall mood are incredible and that guitar theme omg, I can't get enough of it. Speaking of : how come no one mentioned tristram theme by Uelmen ?!! Guys, come on.

EDIT : nvm about the portal, just found it. A room I missed early on without noticing :|

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
You have to reach there before you reach any other area or he will turn into a tree, that npc is on a time count.

Huh this game. And I literally just got a cup which I imagine I can get the oil I just mentioned. I'm having a blast exploring for these side quests with the new relic but peeps that dont like that aspect of these games wont get nearly the same out of the game imo.

Edit: fuck it's not this cup lol. And I just read above and you got the item from the tree? Welp I'm shit out of luck then.

Last edited:

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
On my first attempt at a playthrough I went to that area as my first progression path, but when I restarted, I did not go there until much later and it was the same as before. If you mean a literal timer as in minutes or hours, then it must have been pure luck that I managed to reach it in time.

I also have two runs, the first one I was able to reach and speak with him. The second run I was more through and when I got there he was already a tree so I am not sure.

Oh also when you speak with him he literally tells you. " I don't have much time I am turning by the minute".

Huh this game. And I literally just got a cup which I imagine I can get the oil I just mentioned. I'm having a blast exploring for these side quests with the new relic but peeps that dont like that aspect of these games wont get nearly the same out of the game imo.

The cup for the oil he give it to you even on the description it says sacred cup for olive oil. Then you have to fill it for him.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
So what's the trick to killing:
Exposito? It's random as fuck. The snake thing keeps moving around and even when it stops, you still get "hit" if you touch any part of it. It also likes to hide off screen, or with its head where you cannot reach it and launch spam tails or projectiles. The baby will also put a circle on the ground, that means it's going to go over and rip you in half, so you have to move away from it. Well, six times now I've gotten it to half a bar of health left and the baby RANDOMLY rips me in half anyway with no warning at all.

Also, it's sloppy as fuck to get it that low too. I basically have to just hide under the snake thing and whack away with an upward attack to hit its head and the other vulnerable spot at the same time. Other than that, you can sometimes stand in front and hit the head after it does its fireball attacks, but there's no finesse to this boss.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
So what's the trick to killing:
Exposito? It's random as fuck. The snake thing keeps moving around and even when it stops, you still get "hit" if you touch any part of it. It also likes to hide off screen, or with its head where you cannot reach it and launch spam tails or projectiles. The baby will also put a circle on the ground, that means it's going to go over and rip you in half, so you have to move away from it. Well, six times now I've gotten it to half a bar of health left and the baby RANDOMLY rips me in half anyway with no warning at all.

Also, it's sloppy as fuck to get it that low too. I basically have to just hide under the snake thing and whack away with an upward attack to hit its head and the other vulnerable spot at the same time. Other than that, you can sometimes stand in front and hit the head after it does its fireball attacks, but there's no finesse to this boss.

I just hit its head and the body part with a different colour until he died, I was always outside the circle he sometimes does to drop poison too. That's the boss I said was really easy earlier :( Frowny face since it's always frustrating when someone is stuck on a boss you thought was easy or vice versa.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I just hit its head and the body part with a different colour until he died, I was always outside the circle he sometimes does to drop poison too. That's the boss I said was really easy earlier :( Frowny face since it's always frustrating when someone is stuck on a boss you thought was easy or vice versa.

Well, I mean how to actually kill it wasn't the problem, the problem was that it does so much damage that you basically have to drink a potion for each time you're hit (not including the poison, which is easily dodged and you can negate some of the damage with a rosary item) and how completely spazzy/random it is. I killed it, but it's not one of those bosses that makes me feel like I actually learned anything, because I didn't. Kind of like Bed of Chaos...

Jan 11, 2018
Am I missing something or is the only way to exit the map screen by using the jump button? This has screwed me up in a few instances since it actually makes you jump in game when you exit.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
So there a guy in the Library that keeps saying to please make the sound stop. What sound? There was no boss there and I haven't found anything.

All these damn side quests lol.

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
For those who might not know this: The developers are working on some quality of life updates, particularly for the map, in addition to the more elaborate things such as fulfilling the remaining stretch goals that will be DLC. No dates yet.

Apparently they had a big internal debate about the instant death spikes during development, which is kind of amusing.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
my EXACT reaction just now when I noticed there was a pit under this elevator, but to fall down into it I need to send the elevator up and then backtrack all the way around so im in the empty elevator room:

200.gif

:p

For those who might not know this: The developers are working on some quality of life updates, particularly for the map, in addition to the more elaborate things such as fulfilling the remaining stretch goals that will be DLC. No dates yet.

Apparently they had a big internal debate about the instant death spikes during development, which is kind of amusing.

I wish the map showed points of interest, tis hard to remember where all the nooks and crannies were

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Same. I really wanted to like Death's Gambit but the lack of any feedback when getting hit was something I could never really get over.

It was bad in that game, yet it's not great in this either. It's like at the opposite end of the spectrum too. You get hit, and you go FLYING from just about everything and it never actually feels like you are making any progress in terms of power. You have just enough for what you need for any current area. Late game, you lose health like water through a sieve, even with buffs, a huge health bar and six or seven vials.

I like the art direction in this game, and the animations are pretty OK, but some of the enemy placements and abilities feel borderline cheap, and I don't like the platforming at all, which this game relies way too much on. Do you like pendulums? No? How about pendulums and spikes? How about pendulums that will miss on one swing while you are crouching, but randomly hit you on the return swing, which knocks you into some spikes? Have fun doing that fifty times.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Oh this
Jai
l zone is neat but it's a good thing I had the
key of the inquisitor
already lol.

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
A patch is coming with tons of Qol and more. Also dlc anounced extra bosses and areas.

Edit: I can't recommend this enough. Get the little wax balls the red and blue ones and every time you see a candle interact with it.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
A patch is coming with tons of Qol and more. Also dlc anounced extra bosses and areas.

Edit: I can't recommend this enough. Get the little wax balls the red and blue ones and every time you see a candle interact with it.

But why, unless it affects an area or ending later? Your health bar is already gigantic near the end, and equipping the "large" or "very large" red wax ball barely makes it grow. With the way the vials return virtually nothing per use by that point, I don't see the reason to use the balls.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
WOW what a dick move videogame

The item you need to get the last Mea Culpa Sword Upgrade is
something you need to fill by killing enemies...

...and it empties if you die

giphy.gif