Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
DHPbGvAj

Blazblue Cross Tag Battle is a crossover tag team 2D fighting game that features characters from the Blazblue, Persona 4, Under Night In Birth, and RWBY franchises.

PS4 Demo Download
Switch Eshop has the beta available to everyone right now.

PS4 Schedule:
DcNtAI7WkAAhxmD.jpg

DcNtAp-W4AA8DD7.jpg

Switch Schedule:
Dc2kPSIUwAA8XD5.jpg

Last edited:

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Edit: NVM

Got confused by the dates + naming. Well, looking forward to footage and tech shown.

OP
OP
Owl

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
I don't know why they are calling this a "beta" when this is very clearly a demo.

It truly has become a marketing synonym.
True, though with fighting games' "betas" the expectation is that the beta's online will be trash, and they fix it by release. This hasn't really been true for the last couple years though. The beta is too close to release to fix it by then, so the game ends up releasing with bad online. Looking at you DBFZ.

Haven't actually played it yet so I dunno how good the online is this time around, but it should be better than DBFZ based on the fact it doesn't have as many users,

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
True, though with fighting games' "betas" the expectation is that the beta's online will be trash, and they fix it by release. This hasn't really been true for the last couple years though. The beta is too close to release to fix it by then, so the game ends up releasing with bad online. Looking at you DBFZ.

Haven't actually played it yet so I dunno how good the online is this time around, but it should be better than DBFZ based on the fact it doesn't have as many users,
Yeah, I reworded the post because even though I doubt the online environment will be different from now compared to the game's launch, the situation fully reminds me of FighterZ. Hopefully the game's online won't be launching as broken as that game was (and a smaller playerbase will probably help things), but they'll probably be improving things taking some of the online play in consideration for a future patch post-launch.

cnrm

Oct 25, 2017
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0036-CUSA11677_00-BBTAGPS400050000

So what's about this file? If I download this file now without the pre-order, will I be able to play offline? lol

Or it is going to work as a "pre-load" for the open beta?

I'm not going to pre-order BBTAG but I downloaded the demo just now for curiosity's sake. It currently throws me this message, despite it being May 9th right now, heh. Presumably it'll be accessible for all users on the 12th.
amarec20180509-1156182q7i.jpeg

On the bright side, I can sit on the title screen and listen to its awesome music for now.

OP
OP
Owl

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
Very questionable decision not to include practice mode in this demo. Just makes it annoying to have to play against a CPU to practice using a specific character. The music is great though.

OP
OP
Owl

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
As someone who hasn't ever played any of the games in this cross over game, I'm having a ton of fun. I feel like I've gotten used to most of the mechanics int he game. Playing mostly as Es/Linne for now. Played against a Hazama earlier that was pretty nutty. Need to figure out the best way to punish his hooks.

RealTravisty

Mar 29, 2018
Tried the beta and I'm not good, but I love Yukiko and Rachel together! This is so fun! I'm definitely getting it for Switch now.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Both Ruby and Weiss are VERY fun characters. And from what I've seen, Blake and Yang also seem like fun characters.

RealTravisty

Mar 29, 2018
Speaking of Blake, Kanji, Orie and Platinum will be on the Wednesday Night Fights stream tonight (along with Blake of course).

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There's no difference in buying the Deluxe edition and buying the game now and the season pass later right?

Kyora90

Apr 15, 2018
The game is not even released, but i'll beg beforehand, please nerf Yu's damage and GREEN REPAH.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I am loving the tag mechanics of this game. It really feels like you can just take any 2 characters at random and make them work without too much effort.

Kyora90

Apr 15, 2018
The game as a whole needs a damage nerf

There's legit Bread n' Butter touch of death combos, no infinites or comeback mechanic resources (i.e. Sparking, X-Factor) required.
If they don't touch the balance of the game (which i doubt very much, since it'll be at EVO), the game will be MvC2 levels of fun, where there was broken stuff, but figuring in out and putting them to work is where the fun is at.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Someone please upload Ruby's cheesy but fire theme. Also I noticed the P4 characters call each other by their last names in the dub even though in the games they don't. Why?

Last edited:

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
So is this US only? No Europe? :(

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Someone please upload Ruby's cheesy but fire theme. Also I noticed the P4 characters call each other by their last names in the dub even though in the games they don't. Why?

Her theme is actually a mix of two song from the show.

This Will be the Day which was volume 1's intro)

And Red Like Roses Part II which is Ruby's own theme.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Her theme is actually a mix of two song from the show.

This Will be the Day which was volume 1's intro)

And Red Like Roses Part II which is Ruby's own theme.

Yeah I noticed it was a mix of the two. I like it. I also saw that you can play Red Like Roses on its own. Is RWBY even good? I've got a nephew who watches it and he likes it but we have different tastes. The animation is ugly and I've only seen some cringey clips.

Oct 25, 2017
Friendly reminder 8pm pst (west coast) Wednesday Night Fights stream tonight is going to have a live demo of the game.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I noticed it was a mix of the two. I like it. I also saw that you can play Red Like Roses on its own. Is RWBY even good? I've got a nephew who watches it and he likes it but we have different tastes. The animation is ugly and I've only seen some cringey clips.

It's very difficult for me to recommend as I'm not the pickiest person around. I personally really like. It's very much a flawed show but I feel like there's definite improvement.

The action sadly took a hit after Monty passed and there is some passing issues. But I like the world and characters personally. And even in the later volumes there's some great fight scenes.

It's all on YouTube for free if your curious.

They also switch to new software around Volume 4 so it also looks better now.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Trying to decide if I should go ahead and pre-order. Would've been an easy answer if Yang and Blake were already playable.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Did someone make a thread for impressions of the beta or that this thread essentially?

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Damage seems insanely high from what I've seen so far. Gonna check out the open beta when that's out, music sounds really good atleast.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I really thought I had seen in a previous thread that Switch was getting a beta as well. I remember because I was looking forward to trying it.

Zero-ELEC

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Guess I'll post this here.

All Astarl finishers.

Pre fight banter.

Also Arc's reference game remains on point.
DcvGurUV0AABIAx.jpg
latest

Plenty of other RWBY color references.
https://www.reddit.com/r/RWBY/comments/8i3ylq/rwby_palette_swaps_from_the_blazblue_cross_tag/

Penny ;_;
Show's okay. Early fight choreography was a bit better but nowadays the production values are waaay higher. Writing can be hit or miss, but it's overall good. Characters are fun.