• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
"Stay in the shadows like the beast you are."

I almost spit out my drink. I fucking love it when Jin isn't in BROTHER mode.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
No spoil, but the main villan is probably one of the worst, anticlimatic, no charisma boss i've ever seen.

I just saw it too. Just wtf. That was at the end of one scenario though. I'm assuming there's some kind of true ending path once you beat the initial four. There's gotta be.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bit disappointing that Blake has no intro with Makoto. (Weiss has one with Makoto and Blake has one with Jin, feels like that should have been reversed). Hope Blake has an intro with Jubei at least.

[Sigma]

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I actually hadn't heard her theme song before (or maybe I had but just didn't realize it was her's) but listening to it now, GAWDDAMN it really is great.

Comment section has it right, almost everything about her(well the except the boobs)including her theme song seems very Under Night In-Birth ish to me. That's what drew me to her.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Ok fuck it I watched what appeared to be the true ending and true final boss. They both suck. I'm not sure why I fooled myself into thinking it'd be at all satisfying. They should've brought Terumi into the game and just have him torture everyone or something.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Blazblue hasn't ever had anything approaching a good story since CS.

And even the first two games are bogged down by the series thinking its smarter than it actually is.

That's just a ArcSys standard.

They just managed to strike gold that terumi/Hazama is so entertaining given all the out of the ass bullshit connected to him.

Last edited:

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
What's the dlc schedule like? Seeing dlc vids as if people are playing them already?

Will there be color packs to buy?

Will there be new levels in dlc packs? Think I saw a snow level not in the beta.

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
Oh so EU is on the 22nd... Well I guess that means I will be able to watch some guides and stuff before I jump in.

Also, PS4 is the safest bet right? Guessing Switch will have less players and more wifi connections?

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't seem like Japanese sales for this game are going to be too hot, but it's not really surprising.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
I bought this on the JP eShop and I'm having a complete blast with it. It's a great game.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Persona 5 Arena cancelled.

But real talk I hope it doesn't bomb.
It seems that it'll be between 15k-20k FW sales in Japan for the PS4, with Nintendo Switch sales being pretty minor.

Really, the game had all the makings for that to happen in Japan:
  1. Asset reuse fighting game, so only new addition in terms of characters are RWBY characters, 2 of which are paid DLC.
  2. DLC galore, which would naturally be at least a slight turn-off.
  3. A console-only, traditional 2D fighting game in Japan that did not have an arcade version.
  4. A team-based fighting game, which traditionally does not perform well compared to 1v1 games in Japan (even FighterZ did not perform amazingly).

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
Arc announced Blake and Yang would be free DLC on a Japanese language stream, so I don't think there's going to be a price there.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The RWBY characters are free unless they are not in japan
Oh that's right, they somewhat went back on that. I know they specified that for the Western release, but I would think it would apply to Japan as well.

Arc announced Blake and Yang would be free DLC on a Japanese language stream, so I don't think there's going to be a price there.
Alright, cool. So it's good that they're offering the "brand new" characters for free, despite being DLC.

Still, as fully priced titles as well, I'm not surprised at the impending sales performance.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Blake, Yang, Kanji, Orie and Platinum are free.

Kanji, Orie and Platinum are free for a limited time, until July 6th, Blake and Yang are free forever

OP
OP
Owl

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
Is no one making an OT for this? Someone sgould whip one up if not. OTs are a great way to get exposure and I want this to get as much as possible. At work today so can't do it myself.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is no one making an OT for this? Someone sgould whip one up if not. OTs are a great way to get exposure and I want this to get as much as possible. At work today so can't do it myself.

I'll whip something up if no one else wants to.

I can't do anything like making banners and all that but I should be able to set up the basics.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Got my key fron Instatnt gaming and...seems it gave me the pre order bonus too as my copy was (Early) like what's on the Steam page.