• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
This game is super fun. I like it so much more than most current fighters. I'll have to pick it up. Amazon says it releases end of the month.

MexM

One Winged Slayer
Nov 10, 2017
Nooooo

I wish I played a few more matches... at least I got to play against some friends

Twinguistics

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This wasn't on my radar at all and now I'm day one! So glad I made a US eshop account to play this on my EU switch.

I'm new to anime fighters and pretty new to fighters in general, any tips on what and how I should practice vs the cpu for the rest of the demo?

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
This wasn't on my radar at all and now I'm day one! So glad I made a US eshop account to play this on my EU switch.

I'm new to anime fighters and pretty new to fighters in general, any tips on what and how I should practice vs the cpu for the rest of the demo?

I suggest spending entire matches practicing air dashes, instant air dashes, and jump cancels until you can do them naturally.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada

Practicing your movement options including dashing, air dashing, jumping, high jumping and jump cancels are key in anime fighters. Learning advancing guard helps a ton when you are backed into a corner.

Oct 25, 2017

Blade25

Oct 27, 2017
I really want to get this on the Switch, but with the recent hacking and exploits on the system should I be worried about being matched against people who do?

It seems like a silly question but I don't want my time with the game ruined by people who can modify shit in the game and take it online.

Oct 25, 2017
Great, thanks all! Can someone now kindly tell me how to do some of these so I can try them? Thanks!
As we were saying airdashing in this game is cake. Try it out by just pressing up forward or up back and immediately pressing A+B. High jumping is just down then up, up back, or up forward. Its a key combo tool in blazblue for some characters, and could be important here for that or for getting around or in on some characters.

Jump Cancelling will be the hardest to actually learn. I would try it by comboing with a character. This is off the top of my head, but I believe ragna solo air combo is 5AAA > 5BB > jump cancel > j.AA > jump cancel > j.AA > j.C

something like that. I didnt actually play ragna so thats vague memory from my friend that was trying him. If you are new enough that you dont understand that combo notation, I can explain that too.

Twinguistics

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As we were saying airdashing in this game is cake. Try it out by just pressing up forward or up back and immediately pressing A+B. High jumping is just down then up, up back, or up forward. Its a key combo tool in blazblue for some characters, and could be important here for that or for getting around or in on some characters.

Jump Cancelling will be the hardest to actually learn. I would try it by comboing with a character. This is off the top of my head, but I believe ragna solo air combo is 5AAA > 5BB > jump cancel > j.AA > jump cancel > j.AA > j.C

something like that. I didnt actually play ragna so thats vague memory from my friend that was trying him. If you are new enough that you dont understand that combo notation, I can explain that too.

Cheers man thanks. I actually don't understand that notation, I get a b etc but what's the 5?

Oct 25, 2017
Cheers man thanks. I actually don't understand that notation, I get a b etc but what's the 5?
Q went into it but here is a fuller run down
Think of your stick (or controller but this will be closer to stick and using my layout) as:

456 ABC
123 PD

The numbers refer to all 9 possible positions of the stick, reflecting a keyboard numpad. So quarter circle forward can be writting 236, so a super would be 236B+C, 5 Then means neutral, no direction.

Other things that play into this style of notation are prefixes, mainly j. for example j.A means jumping A. Most other prefixes would be character specific like Noel has d.5A for drive 5A, meaning her chain revolver "stance" 5A

Jump cancel is also usually written as jc, or just with either 7, 8, 9. jc is the most common, but if a jump cancel has to be performed as a jump cancel back you might see someone write 7 instead.

Twinguistics

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok awesome! Thanks, that's actually really clear. I can follow that no probs. What exactly is a jump cancel though, cancelling the jump animation with a move?

Kikirin

Oct 25, 2017
Canceling the (recovery) animation of an attack with a jump, right after the attack connects with the opponent (hit or block). This is usually used to chase for followup hits after they are launched into the air, extend an aerial combo by a few more hits if you're already in the air, etc.

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
Man. This wasn't on my radar at all but the Beta was damn fun! I'm still debating between this and SFC but this has the upper hand thanks to the beta.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I don't know any of these characters, but the beta was so much fun, that I am definitely day one

Omar310

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I don't know any of these characters, but the beta was so much fun, that I am definitely day one
You still have time to familiarise yourself with the cast before the games come out. One thing I love doing is looking into the mechanics of fighting games I've never played. There's websites like the Dustloop wiki that have pretty extensive guides on characters and mechanics, if you're so interested.

I appreciate most people wouldn't be interested, but on the off chance that you are, it's pretty fascinating the stuff you might find.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I've been watching RWBY and the DLC potential is crazy. Like, this chick just kicked a monster in the nuts and slammed her obviously a mini gun DMC4 Pandora-ass purse/briefcase down on its head. That just screams Distortion Drive. I'm so down for a season 2.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Have they said if DLC pack 1 will be a day one dlc or have they mentioned a release timeframe for it yet?

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
The trial is up now for EU, but at the title screen it gives the message that the demo starts on the 18th for now (which it technically is already in Europe, but it will probably go live midday or afternoon even).

RiderKairuu

Oct 25, 2017
The trial is up now for EU, but at the title screen it gives the message that the demo starts on the 18th for now (which it technically is already in Europe, but it will probably go live midday or afternoon even).
Is PS+ required? I have the US demo but im so thirsty for more Cross Tag that I want in on the EU beta.

Deleted member 4037

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been watching RWBY and the DLC potential is crazy. Like, this chick just kicked a monster in the nuts and slammed her obviously a mini gun DMC4 Pandora-ass purse/briefcase down on its head. That just screams Distortion Drive. I'm so down for a season 2.
Coco 4 S̶m̶a̶s̶h̶ Blazblue

I really want her for that song too

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Is PS+ required? I have the US demo but im so thirsty for more Cross Tag that I want in on the EU beta.
It seems to be the offline only demo with just Versus and Tactics mode, and with only 4 characters (Ragna, Ruby, Yu, Hyde).
No idea when or if we get the online beta with 20 characters. (for that you probably nees PS+).

Omar310

Oct 27, 2017
UK
It seems to be the offline only demo with just Versus and Tactics mode, and with only 4 characters (Ragna, Ruby, Yu, Hyde).
No idea when or if we get the online beta with 20 characters. (for that you probably nees PS+).
Pretty sure it's only gonna be the 4 characters for EU I'm afraid.

Edit: Never mind it's all 20

Last edited:

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Has there been any news on them revealing character pack 4? They've done the last few around this time of the month

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I watched the entire show two days ago and I somehow don't know what moment Blake's Astral is referencing. It's in the tip of my tongue though.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Oh. I never saw those trailers so it's no wonder I didn't know. It seems like most of their moveset is taken from those.
A good deal but not all.

Ruby's pyscho crusher distortion is from volume 2.
Her command dash is from volume 4
And her astral is from volume 1

Blake's clones and blade beams originate form volume 2

Weiss' dash astral is from Volume 2
Her Ice astral is from volume 1
Her DP is from volume 2
Her finisher is a combination of stuff from the trailer and volume 3

Yang's pretty much all Yellow trailer, but that's largely due to the fact that that's basically her entire move set. She hasn't actually gotten anything new until volume 5. With Yang, what you see is what you get.