• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Idk the Astrals are pretty boring but almost every Blazblue Astral is boring imo. Only very few characters have really cool ones like Ragna, Terumi, Hakumen, Susano-o, or Bang. I'm sure I'm missing some but most of them are just alright. Some were so bland they changed them to make them slightly less bland like Noel and Arakune.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe if you're blind.

I wish Jin or Rachel actually did anything in their Astrals.

Acting like Weiss astral is anything like that is crazy.

It's closer to Es than either of those two. Especially Jin's Snapchat filter Astral.
zzzz she stands in place with her arm out stuff shoots gerneric projectiles from behind her then she jumps summons an ice sword to dive down with ASTRAL FINISH! fucking half ass sleeper tier.

Blazblue has some half ass astrals too, that doesn't make the new ones not half ass too

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
zzzz she stands in place with her arm out stuff shoots gerneric projectiles from behind her then she jumps summons an ice sword to dive down with ASTRAL FINISH! fucking half ass sleeper tier

you literally stated the astral doing three more things than either of jin or Rachel's finishers. And that's ignoring all the stuff that you left out.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Jin's would've been better if they could've been able to really sell that the whole place is just being frozen and Jin just ends it with a slash of his blade.
Jin's needed a very well telegraphed Iaido slash, kinda like Hakumen's

But he didn't get that.

So it's literally just a snapchat filter.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
you literally stated the astral doing three more things than either of jin or Rachel's finishers. And that's ignoring all the stuff that you left out.
It's not just about "doing stuff" It's about the visual wonder they give off. Comparing Es astral to Weiss is joke tier

and yes I dont know why you keep bringing up jin and rachel like that somehow negates what I said. The new astrals suck for the most part.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
It's not just about "doing stuff" It's about the visual wonder they give off. Comparing Es astral to Weiss is joke tier

and yes I dont know why you keep bringing up jin and rachel like that somehow negates what I said. The new astrals suck

Visual wonder...

man fuck off with that croc of shit. Es' Astral is a bunch of jumping slashes. The only really astounding visual moment in it is the final hit with the intricate pattern. It's not more visually wonderful than weiss' And the final strike in both linger just enough that you can't leigitmately argue that there's some kinda greater impact.

I brought those two up cause that's what i call the absolute worst.

I wouldn't call Weiss' astral on that tier. Hell I wouldn't say Weiss' astral is as bad as tao's or arakune's or Carl's or Litchi's

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Tao's astral with entire new art assets for the back ground and the joke of jubei stealing the kill is bad?

Es Astral has added slash effects along with the stuff for the air hops.

So yes this

Is dull as fuck compared to

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Tao's astral with entire new art assets for the back ground and the joke of jubei stealing the kill is bad?

Es Astral has added slash effects along with the stuff for the air hops.

So yes this

Is dull as fuck compared to

So... exactly the same thing that Weiss' astral has.

There's the moon asset
The beams which aren't used in any other move.
The lock glyph that's not used in any other move
And the explosion into red, which also isn't in any other move.

There's several assets created just for Weiss' Astral. Hell, the way she summons the ice sword is completely different from her ice sword distortion which just immediately shows up.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Weiss' Astral is indeed visually boring. Es' may be a lot nothing for the most part but that last slash looks really nice. Nu's is just some giant blade that stabs you but the way the camera 360s around her looks really nice. Weiss' would've been cooler if she summoned or something but she was probably complete before they got to that point in volume 5.

DarkPrince

Dec 2, 2017
Can't wait for the Makoto/Yang tag team, really hope those 2 characters are good and work well with each other cause that is going to be one awesome damn team.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Azrael's Astral is still one of the best. Tager's at least the end portion when he is coming out of the crater is sick looking.

Manac0r

Oct 30, 2017
UK
Beta up in EU. Had to search the store via web as wasn't showing up on PS4. Sorry if posted previously.. multi tasking.. on phone.

June 22nd release date for EU.

Scything

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure I like the game's systems in the EU demo, and even after ten years I can't stand most of the BB cast, but Waldstein at least makes me want to check out Uniel if the latest one ever makes Steam. Mission accomplished?

Last edited:

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Beta up in EU. Had to search the store via web as wasn't showing up on PS4. Sorry if posted previously.. multi tasking.. on phone.

June 22nd release date for EU.
I thought the EU demo was gonna be limited/just offline, but it's online.

The netcode is crazy good from the set I had with someone.
I'm not sure who to use with Yosuke while I'm waiting for Jubei. I'm torn between Rachel (who is the only BB character on this I used, albeit back in CT), Makoto, or any of the other P4 people. Mostly Chie though.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Yang looking more and more fun everytime I see her in action lol. Once Yang and Hakumen drop, I'll actually go from not having more than 2 characters that really jump out to me to having too many :D

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of Hakumen, I wonder how he'll play. I haven't seen any gameplay with him. I'm guessing they dropped the magatamas entirely and made some of his specials freebies. I also hope the dub gets his damn voice filter right. It was good in CT and vanilla CS but idk what happened in Extend and on. They kept changing it and it sounded worse every time.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Weiss' Astral is indeed visually boring. Es' may be a lot nothing for the most part but that last slash looks really nice. Nu's is just some giant blade that stabs you but the way the camera 360s around her looks really nice. Weiss' would've been cooler if she summoned or something but she was probably complete before they got to that point in volume 5.
They decided against using anything later than Vol. 3, the outfits included. Ruby getting to use the silver eyes for her Astral could've been more interesting than what they gave her (something as simple as showing her running up a cliff and dragging the enemy with the momentum of the gunfire to make it clearer it was building up to something, then zooming in for the severing slash as she jumped off would've been better than how they implemented the scene they referenced for it).

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Hm, and here I just lumped that in with how she normally used her Semblance (aside from one of her Distortion Drives). Sounds like they didn't need to go all the way back to Vol. 1 for her Astral, then.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking at some Hazama gameplay and the more I see of him the less I like. I just noticed they took away his 6C. And bloody fangs uses meter. Wasn't the whole point of bloody fangs the meter gain? I could be wrong. Hazama just hasn't been the same since CS and it saddens me. His new j.214B sucks too.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
So there's no cross play between systems, right?

I figure the PS4 version will be the most popular, I wonder if Switch can hold a healthy playerbase.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So there's no cross play between systems, right?

I figure the PS4 version will be the most popular, I wonder if Switch can hold a healthy playerbase.

Obviously can't tell how it'll go in public opinion but someone made a thread asking which version people here were getting and the majority was going for the Switch.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously can't tell how it'll go in public opinion but someone made a thread asking which version people here were getting and the majority was going for the Switch.
This forum (specifically the gaming side outside of dedicated OTs) isn't really the best gauge for habits or opinions on fighting games. Typically, online communities for anime fighters tend to last longer on PlayStation. For anyone who cares about what system will be the tournament standard, it's safe to conclude that will be PS4.

That said, Switch will obviously have the advantage of portability.

Last edited:

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
What button layouts is everyone using for this game (on stick)?

I cant seem to find one that feels comfortable for the mechanics at play, although not having a training mode for me to get used to them in doesnt help.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
What button layouts is everyone using for this game (on stick)?

I cant seem to find one that feels comfortable for the mechanics at play, although not having a training mode for me to get used to them in doesnt help.
ABC
T A

T=tag
A=assist

tried to edit, but if it's a six button layout, abc on top, T, empty button, then Assist.

SquirrelSoup

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Do we know when each of the DLC packs is supposed to come out after release?

Currently enjoying Linne/Ruby but i can't deny the DLC packs have a whole bunch of characters i want to play instead.

Last edited:

shockdude

Oct 26, 2017
The problem with Ruby's Astral is that the background is static. If the background moved slowly towards the lower-right, it'd give a much better impression of dragging the opponent into the sky.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Crazy enough, I somehow can pull out the specials better with the joycons, like I do not miss them with the joycons dpad, but somehow I do with the pro controller

Also, the left stick on the joy cons works as intended, unlike the pro controller. Was not expecting to prefer playing this with the "dog" controller

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know when each of the DLC packs is supposed to come out after release?

Currently enjoying Linne/Ruby but i can't deny the DLC packs have a whole bunch of characters i want to play instead.

We know that they are planning to have the currently announced 3 DLC packs (plus Yang) out before evo. The rest is sometime after evo I guess.