• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Akumasama

Nov 8, 2017
Italy
Rev 2 was the Extend equivalent for the second Xrd game.
I don't own the two GGXrd titles but I thought they were very different and that Rev2 was basically a mini-sequel? What XX is to X if we go to the old titles?
Because The "Extend" version were just glorified balancement patches, all DLC and lotsa new stuff, but the core game (and story) was exactely the same.
It was basically a "definitive" version of its original title.

GG Xrd Rev2 is kinda a different game though, a sorta sequel to Xrd, doesn't have the original X3rd story mode but a sequel to those events, right?
Supposing I'm not wrong, I wouldn't really define Rev2 an Extend version of Xrd.
Even more so because Rev2 got its own DLCs actually if I'm not wrong.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I don't own the two GGXrd titles but I thought they were very different and that Rev2 was basically a mini-sequel? What XX is to X if we go to the old titles?
Because The "Extend" version were just glorified balancement patches, all DLC and lotsa new stuff, but the core game (and story) was exactely the same.
It was basically a "definitive" version of its original title.

GG Xrd Rev2 is kinda a different game though, a sorta sequel to Xrd, doesn't have the original X3rd story mode but a sequel to those events, right?
Supposing I'm not wrong, I wouldn't really define Rev2 an Extend version of Xrd.
Even more so because Rev2 got its own DLCs actually if I'm not wrong.
Rev 2 is an update to Revelator.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I think they also mean the non-upgradeable, must-buy-a-new-title nature of most of the Extend releases. Rev 2 was the first time Arc has offered an non-fullprice upgrade route for any of their fighters.

Also, hello from HerV.
Oh, hey. I tried checking in back there a while ago (either November or sometime in December), but I guess it's offline these days. Just kept getting an error image/message.

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
Oh, hey. I tried checking in back there a while ago (either November or sometime in December), but I guess it's offline these days. Just kept getting an error image/message.
Yeah, it was shut down a little under a year ago. Got hacked one too many times and digitalsin gave up trying to keep it up to date. I've mostly followed the folks I know well on Twitter anyway, but it's nice to run into a fellow HerVert here as well.

On topic: I was planning a Noel/Yukiko team so this DLC plan wasn't going to hurt me, but it definitely has me waiting for a Steam sale instead.

Last edited:

ZoronMaro

Oct 30, 2017
Moving away from the (justified, mind you) doom and gloom for a sec, anyone have guesses for the silhouettes? I'm seeing Akihiko kinda maybe? Left side at the top. Got nothing else. Can't even see Yang.
Here's a large image for reference:
BlazBlue-8-1.jpg

The nubs for feet in the far left actually make me think of aigis or labrys, but I think I'm just seeing what I want to see since they kind of all look like nuby feet.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For one last complaint from me.

The biggest missed opportunity is no Penny. She's freaking based on the Murakumo Units!

tumblr_inline_okqk25uLJJ1td9man_500.gif

SweetSark

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
If there is a fair package for all DLC characters, then it is justified by me.
It is not an Expansion Pack like some old [or recent] games, but i the price is right, is a title I will buy in the future.

The Real Problem is you don't know what you buy. Sure, you pay a good price for all DLC, but you don't know what you paid for the future.

Oct 28, 2017
And somewhere in the aksys audience will cry out twp words.

Eight frames......

He will be ignored for an even bigger sin against the fgc has been committed. Greater then eight frames. Greater than all haters will be left behind.Greater than the marn shenanigans. The truest of sins has been committed. A REAL FGC BLOWUP

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Extend is the best version of that game, and one of the best BlazBlue iterations overall. What are you on about?
A $40 revision announced before all CS DLC was out, that had all the 3 CS DLC plus one new character and balancing making CS2 obsolete right off the gate, after charging 8 dollars per character and delaying them and the CS2 balance changes just to give the arcade version exclusivity of CS2 and Platinum for like half a year, with the flimsy excuse that they couldn't make Extend DLC because muh story after making us buy Continuum Shift because "CT wasn't made with DLC in mind11!!1!"

Extend was basically ASW's scummiest move before this game and it made me completely ditch Blazblue.

Last edited:

Carpathia

Oct 25, 2017
  • By releasing the main game at a lower cost (5,800 yen for the physical version / 5,370 yen for the digital version), as many people as possible will be able to play, and those that find it interesting can purchase the downloadable content.
  • It is being set up so that even if you purchase all of the downloadable content, the price will not far exceed what a full game would normally cost.

Read more at https://gematsu.com/2018/01/blazblu...rcade-version-dlc-pricing#kQluDhzyHZXp1eYx.99

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
  • By releasing the main game at a lower cost (5,800 yen for the physical version / 5,370 yen for the digital version), as many people as possible will be able to play, and those that find it interesting can purchase the downloadable content.
  • It is being set up so that even if you purchase all of the downloadable content, the price will not far exceed what a full game would normally cost.
Read more at https://gematsu.com/2018/01/blazblu...rcade-version-dlc-pricing#kQluDhzyHZXp1eYx.99

Better be $30 on the west then.

Oct 25, 2017
My problem with this set up is that if lowering the price barrier of entry was a goal, why not just offer a free to start version of the game (a la Dead or Alive 5 Core Fighters) instead of going halfway and literally splittng the cast in two? Or you could take a page out of Nintendo's book and price that game at full price and have the remaining DLC characters be free updates.

Even if ASW had good intentions, this DLC rollout is a PR nightmare that may result in the game being DOA come June. There are just so many proven ways to handle this and they picked the absolute worst.

Last edited:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I think this merits a new thread after all the flack the game has been getting, since many haven't seen this news

Deleted member 11986

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
From the Gematsu article there is another important statement from Toshimichi Mori:
"If there is support for it, they would like to continue the series."

Meaning that this might the only game we may get at all and due to the current situation of the game. And Arcsys is not helping at all :(.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"We want to continue this series" = "once you've bought the 20 DLC characters, please buy Cross Tag Battle 2 full price to have access to more characters (purchases on Cross Tag Battle 1 non transferable)".