• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mabufudyne

Oct 27, 2017
A precision to that statement is that Wada was not necessarily referring to BBTAG's sales performance. The Japanese could also mean that information on a next Persona Arena game would come after BBTAG's release. All he said was ""クロス次第," which is pretty ambiguous.

That's what I'm hoping for; that or they were just talking about potential workload and resource management for P5U after BBXTAG's release, and not sales. Because if it really is dependent on sales of this title, I'd be more than a little pissed. Thanks for the clarification.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
20 character DLC in a 40 character roster for what's essentially a MUGEN esque sprite dump, and not even include the full RWBY team on release. They've somehow managed to top pretty much every other fighter DLC in terns of rip off in one swoop.
Phos' expression matches my own. This is the worst.
ArcSys: Let us charge players 60 bucks for assets we already made and then we make another half of actual new characters and charge a ton for them as well.
And then we'll announce a new 60 dollar revision right after the final DLC characters come out. No option to upgrade from the previous version, of course.

Chewie

Nov 29, 2017
Hungary
I was mostly excited for the RWBY characters, but this deflated my hype so much. Will get it later when it's cheaper.

MajinArekkusu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Germany
And then we'll announce a new 60 dollar revision right after the final DLC characters come out. No option to upgrade from the previous version, of course.

I mean that is basically their model right? Not really a fan of 2d anime fighters, cause they are so freaking hectic, so am not really in the know when it comes to their new version updates.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
The roster is already pretty unimpressive.
Having the other half be DLC is pretty bad. This is the MVC:I Roster all over again.
Though at least they didn't lay out that many characters before hand.

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
Half the roster being dlc means I won't be touching either until the complete edition releases in typical arc system works fashion I'll never even get it.
It all depends on when the complete edition releases and without any BS.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't have a single one of the characters I play, across two games, make the roster. I play, like, a third of the characters in P4AU. I am without words... If they think I am going to line up, pay full price, and wait for the privilege to pay for the characters I actually give a shit about they are PAINFULLY mistaken.

If my characters are DLC then I will jump in when the game is heavily discounted. Congratulations, you converted a sale into a pass by being slimy.

Last edited:

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017
Well... this is certainly a decisions....

Thats-A-Bold-Strategy-Meme.gif

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
How low will they go? What're the odds they resell character colors, menu voices, and music packs from past BB / P4A releases? Making such wonderful DLC cross-game/buy compatible would surely be to much work after all. They'd be totally justified in repackaging it for this repackage of a game!

Deleted member 7529

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Possibly the worst DLC decision since Street Fighter x Tekken's on-disc DLC catastrophe. Might even have it beat.

This game already felt like a budget title with only 2 newly drawn characters and a few others being edited to fit the style. This was an insane decision.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The fact that they announced all the details on the limited edition without a price tag probably means they're looking at the reaction before deciding for a price point.
On one hand it's too early to be offended as long as we don't know the price (what if each set of 3 character is $5?), on the other hand the more pitchforks are out now, the lesser the price will probably be (probably not $5 unfortunately).

MrGab

Oct 25, 2017
Well, exist 2 other fighting games releasing close to it: SF Anniversary Collection and SNK Heroines, so...(Switch owner here)

Deleted member 4037

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that they announced all the details on the limited edition without a price tag probably means they're looking at the reaction before deciding for a price point.
On one hand it's too early to be offended as long as we don't know the price (what if each set of 3 character is $5?), on the other hand the more pitchforks are out now, the lesser the price will probably be (probably not $5 unfortunately).
naw I think just on the basis of large amounts of characters that should be in the base are being held off for dlc is something to be offended about unless its free dlc (which I can pretty much guarantee it isnt)

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I had no idea until now that the letters RWBY stood for the four main characters and only two are in the base roster. That's hilarious.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Phos' expression matches my own. This is the worst.

They managed to top their own bloody BlazBlue Extend versions after it looked like they finally learned from Central Fiction.

Jacob LeBeau

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
Friendly reminder that the game itself is 40 dollars. So you'd be spending another 40 dollars (confirmed price, btw) on dlc. That's 80 DOLLARS OF WHAT YOU NEED TO PAY TO GET THE FULL GAME.

If anyone's asking, the japan prices translate to that.

Oct 28, 2017
SFV is a 1v1 fighter and none of its character assets and animations were lifted directly from another game. At least choose a game that deserves this comparison like MvCI.

Really?

Street Fighter 4 in its 3rd season has a total of 34 characters and it started off with 16.

I really dont see what the big deal is

kitzkozan

Oct 25, 2017
More than half of SFV roster is made up of DLC characters, but it's mostly a psychological factor as to why the backlash for Blazblue cross is so severe. We didn't know how many characters SFV would have, only that it would have a season worth of characters or two. Everything was planned with this one and they know where they want to get (which is reminding everyone of the SFxT fiasco). The launch of SFV was so bad that a lot of people expected season two to be the last admit anemic sales and dropping interest and Capcom probably had doubts about the future of the game as well at one point. It's now obvious that a fourth and possibly fifth season are coming, which means a monstrous amount of DLC characters (the biggest ever for a FG). KI used a gaas model and had 6 characters at launch and finished with 28 in total, but SFV should reach ~46 with ~30 as DLC. :p

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
More than half of SFV roster is made up of DLC characters, but it's mostly a psychological factor as to why the backlash for Blazblue cross is so severe. We didn't know how many characters SFV would have, only that it would have a season worth of characters or two. Everything was planned with this one and they know where they want to get (which is reminding everyone of the SFxT fiasco). The launch of SFV was so bad that a lot of people expected season two to be the last admit anemic sales and dropping interest and Capcom probably had doubts about the future of the game as well at one point. It's now obvious that a fourth and possibly fifth season are coming, which means a monstrous amount of DLC characters (the biggest ever for a FG). KI used a gaas model and had 6 characters at launch and finished with 28 in total, but SFV should reach ~46 with ~30 as DLC. :p
And all of those characters are brand new assets. Even the returning characters from SF4 have brand new models and animations.

Not the case here though. All of the BB, P4, and UNIEL charatcers are straight up ripped from their respective games and the only changes made are in regards to balancing them. The amount of work that ASW is putting into these characters pales in comparison to what Capcom did for SFV.

Yolkghost

Oct 25, 2017
Really?

Street Fighter 4 in its 3rd season has a total of 34 characters and it started off with 16.

I really dont see what the big deal is
Can't you earn the fighters by just playing a lot so it's a little bit better? If they said you could earn the dlc here by playing a lot I'd consider it since it's a less than $40 game with gcu/prime.