• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want to see the official US prices. I'm not expecting anything good but I want official confirmation of how much they expect us to pay.

Truth is I'll probably still get this game at some point. I do still want Arc to make a full RWBY fighter. But this definitely rained on my hype a good bit.

Jacob LeBeau

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
I want to see the official US prices. I'm not expecting anything good but I want official confirmation of how much they expect us to pay.

Truth is I'll probably still get this game at some point. I do still want Arc to make a full RWBY fighter. But this definitely rained on my hype a good bit.
If you look at the japan prices, they pretty much translate to a total of $40

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone complaining about the amount of DLC character in SF5 need to remember that the alternative is (or rather was) buying full price "SF5 Second Impact" and "SF5 Triple Upper" games every year that would render the previous version obsolete while gauging 40 bucks out of the pocket of everyone that would want to keep playing.
If you want to make a better comparison, compare with UMvC3 and its infamous "12 extra characters for $40 less than a year after, and also the previous game you bought is now useless". Though, even if you don't care on how your games are made and the economic and social context of UMvC3's release, at least that game had brand new assets and most of them were brand new characters.
Cross Battle's DLC characters seem to be, until proven otherwise, 18 rehashed characters to 2 new ones.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Forty in a tag game with assists and a rapid fire no limit comeback mechanic is good. Twenty dlc not so much. Should a split that up and pushed more at launch.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
So apparently they're getting slammed pretty fucking hard on their official NicoNico channel as well. This plan is backfiring all around.

Deleted member 21094

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Good that they're getting a lot of shit for this
Hopefully this forces them to rethink their plans about the game

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Are these DLC characters already well into development, or is this content gradually released as it's created (eg; SFV)?

I know they've had disc-locked content in the past, but surely they wouldn't lock half the roster right?

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Or it's a two-part keikaku*, and they'll announce "We listened, and now half of the DLC characters will be free!" while it was the keikaku* all along.
Are these DLC characters already well into development, or is this content gradually released as it's created (eg; SFV)?
One could argue the characters are so well into development they've already appeared in up to 3 games in the past.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017

I know they've had disc-locked content in the past, but surely they wouldn't lock half the roster right?
I mean, this is a game based on reusing sprites from previous games, so you tell me.

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017

Apparently they're hosting a demo on EVO Japan that will have all characters playable.

Also as said above, this is a crossover game with reused sprites, how long do you think it'll take them to rig them up?

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Thanks guys.
Somehow the "reused assets" part of this controversy had not fully sunk in, despite reading the reactions in this thread.

Welp, crossing this one off the list.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
The fact that this might've had a 50-character roster due to all but 4 characters being copy-pasted was the sole selling point for me. I'm not pursuing this if I'm only getting 20 of them. Doubly so if they're paying however much the season pass'd cost extra for a roster that's smaller than what I was expecting anyway.

Deleted member 4037

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Im kind of waiting on this too, if its 40 and 20 then I would be fine with that, but why are they staying silent? I just dont get why they arent saying anything and letting it get worse

Deleted member 21094

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Im kind of waiting on this too, if its 40 and 20 then I would be fine with that, but why are they staying silent? I just dont get why they arent saying anything and letting it get worse
Could be they're backpedaling?
Maybe they were planning on 40+40 but with the backlash being severe they're reconsidering

Degen

Nov 20, 2017
The possibility of a huge roster right off the bat was probably half the anticipation for this game. Nice one.

Steroyd

Oct 27, 2017
I shall wait for Blazblue Centralfusion Orochi Senpai edition when they put in 3 of the 4 characters from RWBY, geez us christ.

There's at least 9 characters you can pull from the show, and you only put in half of RWBY, I know it's been said before but holy hell.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
This is literally the one time any dlc announcement before launch killed any chance I'm picking a game up day one. The fact that these are at the end of the day sprite dumps really is a slap in the face too.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Could be they're backpedaling?
Maybe they were planning on 40+40 but with the backlash being severe they're reconsidering
But were they really stupid enough to not see this coming? I mean, if you had told me that a game, any game, would have 50% of its content locked behind a season pass, I could've easily predicted that everyone would be fucking pissed.

Surely they accounted for this backlash, right?

Deleted member 21094

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
But were they really stupid enough to not see this coming? I mean, if you had told me that a game, any game, would have 50% of its content locked behind a season pass, I could've easily predicted that everyone would be fucking pissed.

Surely they accounted for this backlash, right?
Sometimes company can be so out of touch to the point where something that seemed obvious to us isn't obvious to them ....

Deleted member 19218

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is the part I don't get. They couldn't have thought this announcement would go smoothly right?

Maybe it's like Jim said in an older video.

Publishers intentionally push the envelope too much. Fans revolt. Publishers scale back plans. Fans view this as a success and applaud the publisher while not realising they were manipulated into accepting the scaled back plan that was intended all along.

It's risky though, that could backfire.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's like Jim said in an older video.

Publishers intentionally push the envelope too much. Fans revolt. Publishers scale back plans. Fans view this as a success and applaud the publisher while not realising they were manipulated into accepting the scaled back plan that was intended all along.

It's risky though, that could backfire.
I remember this idea getting brought up a TON with Battlefront 2. Makes sense, but ASW has never been this blatantly greedy before (yeah, they've been pretty fucking greedy, but not to this scale) so I can't say if this is them pushing the envelope too far and expecting backlash or simply being unprepared.

Either way, even if they drop the price of the grace + the season pass to what would be a reasonable amount, I'm not calling it a victory. This whole debacle has been disgusting.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
$40 and $40 isn't too bad at all. If it wasn't mostly sprite reuse it'd be a fantastic deal.

Maybe lower entry price could help for these titles, we'll see. How it's been handled has been a mess though.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Unless the game is $30 base/$30 DLC or $40 each max than this is a no buy for me. Heck they cannot even have all 4 RWBY main characters in the base game WTF!?! I think it would be better just to delay it if over half your roster is DLC.

Deleted member 4037

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's the yen value?
Also remember that Japanese MSRP is usually much higher than over here, since our prices seem locked at 39.99~59.99 for retail releases, but their MSRP goes up to like 9000 yen range depending on the game
I think it will translate to $40.
The base game launches at ¥5,800 for the physical version and ¥5,370 for digital

so about 48~52 usd

That is assuming I have the correct numbers here

Deleted member 21094

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The base game launches at ¥5,800 for the physical version and ¥5,370 for digital

so about 48~52 usd

That is assuming I have the correct numbers here
hmm...I'm pretty sure that would be priced at 40 USD then. I mean even 9000 yen games get priced to 60 USD, so I think this is more likely than bumping to 60, and I don't think 50 dollar games are common?

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
In a World with Common Sense all of Team RWBY would be in the base roster and JNPR/Cynder/Emerald/Oscar/Qrow/Sun would be DLC

How is having Blake and Yang not be a part of the base roster a good decision?

Oct 30, 2017
In a World with Common Sense all of Team RWBY would be in the base roster and JNPR/Cynder/Emerald/Oscar/Qrow/Sun would be DLC

How is having Blake and Yang not be a part of the base roster a good decision?

As someone who was looking forward to using Blake since the game was announced, it's pretty much assured I won't touch it just because I have to pay extra for the character that SHOULD be in the game by default.