• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
In a World with Common Sense all of Team RWBY would be in the base roster and JNPR/Cynder/Emerald/Oscar/Qrow/Sun would be DLC

How is having Blake and Yang not be a part of the base roster a good decision?
It's as good of a decision as having Kanji, Naoto, and Rise as DLC characters as well, not to mention all of the P3 characters.

Remember when people thought we'd see P5 characters in this?

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Also cant wait for the DLC characters being just Blake, 1 Persona, 1 Uniel and 17 Blazblue characters haha

"You expecting Yang in this game? We never said she will be."

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
There is no reason to have ever expected Rise to be in this game at all. From the beginning, they have explicitly advertised that this game would feature "Persona 4 Arena." No "Persona 4 Arena Ultimax" at all.
Eh, that's dumb. The sprites are already made and ready to be used. Might as well throw all of them in. Rise? Of course. Margaret? Why not? Adachi? Sure.

That'd be like if they had limited the BB characters to just those from CT.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, that's dumb. The sprites are already made and ready to be used. Might as well throw all of them in. Rise? Of course. Margaret? Why not? Adachi? Sure.

That'd be like if they had limited the BB characters to just those from CT.
It's probably because, as we now see with their DLC plans, the vast majority of the roster is BlazBlue and the P4A cast was always going to be limited. Like, if we go by the 6 DLC sets remaining, it could just be (and very likely will be):

1. Naoto
2. Kanji
3. Teddie
4. Aigis
5. Mitsuru
6. Akihiko

And that still leaves out Labrys and Elizabeth (and Shadow Labrys, but I wouldn't think she'd be in here anyways).

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably because, as we now see with their DLC plans, the vast majority of the roster is BlazBlue and the P4A cast was always going to be limited. Like, if we go by the 6 DLC sets remaining, it could just be (and very likely will be):

1. Naoto
2. Kanji
3. Teddie
4. Aigis
5. Mitsuru
6. Akihiko

And that still leaves out Labrys and Elizabeth (and Shadow Labrys, but I wouldn't think she'd be in here anyways).
I fully expect that to be the case, which makes them super dumb because, as I said, the sprites are right there ready to be used.

When they announced this game, I fully thought it was going to be ArcSys's MvC2, where they literally took every single sprite of theirs that was up to snuff and put them in one game. All of the P4U characters, all of the BB characters, etc. Not doing that is incredibly sad.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
The LE comes with an art book and like a carry case, so the difference shouldnt be all dlc thankfully
I have to wonder what'll actually be in an art book for this game when 90% of the characters were from past games. I guess they are making some new art for story mode at least. Not like they can have concept art or anything though.

Deleted member 4037

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have to wonder what'll actually be in an art book for this game when 90% of the characters were from past games. I guess they are making some new art for story mode at least. Not like they can have concept art or anything though.
probably just sprites and cgs, really its just an excuse to re release a lot of it probably. At least all the rwby stuff is new

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I can't see the pricing remaining the same going forward. There's about five months between this announcement and the release. And this backlash is massive on both sides of fanbase.

Oct 28, 2017
Not going to get this at launch. Aksys overcharges on their DLC on top of that. They charge like eight bucks per character? If they're going by that metric, they're expecting nearly 3x the price for dlc characters. Buy this used, or wait for the sequel, GOTY, or huge sale.

Deleted member 11986

Oct 27, 2017
Is Arcsys trying to compete with Capcom who has the best skills to ruin their own game? They shold take notes from Capcom's mistakes with MvC Infinite. Especially on the subject of how not sell a already developed char as dlc from a upcoming season pass before the game launch.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Eh I'm still grabbing the base game at least. If I can find game+season pass for $60 or less I'd bite. On PC mind you. That Persona/Atlus licensing must not come cheap, esp. if you wanna get Persona characters on Steam :V

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017

1. Naoto
2. Kanji
3. Teddie
4. Aigis
5. Mitsuru
6. Akihiko

I'm betting all my chips on japan finding a way of putting Adachi over any P3 character that is not a robot/kanji

aigis, teddie and naoto would be obviously part of the dlc pack too because i hate them and japan hates me back

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was really hoping we'd se someone besides Team RWBY get in.

Even just a villian like Roman or Cinder.

Wonder what would be more likely to happen a second season of DLC, a sequel, or just making a RWBY game?

Also Blake needs a new theme song. Weiss and Yang have like five now and she's still rocking From Shadows.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I was really hoping we'd se someone besides Team RWBY get in.

Even just a villian like Roman or Cinder.

Wonder what would be more likely to happen a second season of DLC, a sequel, or just making a RWBY game?

Also Blake needs a new theme song. Weiss and Yang have like five now and she's still rocking From Shadows.
Roman with Neo assisting for specials/supers could've been fun.

Akumasama

Nov 8, 2017
Italy
Not sure if it has been said already but, while I hope for it, I wouldn't take for granted an "extend" version for this game. They didn't make one for Central Fiction (at this point I doubt they will) and they didn't for the two titles of the gg xrd franchise either.

Extend for this would be really cool though, so I hope I'm wrong

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if it has been said already but, while I hope for it, I wouldn't take for granted an "extend" version for this game. They didn't make one for Central Fiction (at this point I doubt they will) and they didn't for the two titles of the gg xrd franchise either.

Extend for this would be really cool though, so I hope I'm wrong
Rev 2 was the Extend equivalent for the second Xrd game.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thats what im hoping for at the moment, there are 3 spots left to fill really, so there is hope

Assuming there's one Persona character in each of the 3 packs my guess.
Kanji
Teddie
Naoto
Aigis
Mitsuru
Labrys/Akihiko

So I feel safe thinking she'll be in there. But I really wished they didn't pull this. Again I hope the price is reasonable.

Deleted member 4037

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Assuming there's one Persona character in each of the 3 packs my guess.
Kanji
Teddie
Naoto
Aigis
Mitsuru
Labrys/Akihiko

So I feel safe thinking she'll be in there. But I really wished they didn't pull this. Again I hope the price is reasonable.
Ya, I feel Kanji, Teddie, and Naoto are in for sure. The ones I think are on the bubble are
  • Aigis
  • Elizabeth
  • Adachi
  • Labrys
  • Rise
  • Mitsuru
  • Akihiko
I think Aigis is the most likely to be in just because she would be the first P3 character in and I kind of dont think they will put Labrys in before her either. I think her chances are pretty good

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
Extend is the best version of that game, and one of the best BlazBlue iterations overall. What are you on about?

It was also a full price game that added exactly 1 (ONE) character to the game compared to previous iteration+DLC, and there was no way to upgrade from CS, if you wanted to keep playing you had to buy it. Even if you only had CS and didn't buy any of the DLC characters, it was still low on new content.

Filament Star

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This whole game is just a shameless cash grab. They'll make more money on the DLC than they'll lose from angry people not buying the game because of it.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Persona 5 Arena be damned. I don't give a shit if its existence really depends on this game's success, this is absolutely disgusting. I mean, for fuck's sake, we don't even get the entire Investigation Team in the base game? Tsk.

Oct 30, 2017
It was also a full price game that added exactly 1 (ONE) character to the game compared to previous iteration+DLC, and there was no way to upgrade from CS, if you wanted to keep playing you had to buy it. Even if you only had CS and didn't buy any of the DLC characters, it was still low on new content.

$40 for just Relius was wack. No one can argue against that.

Hmm, interesting. For some reason I don't remember being bent out of shape about it. Maybe because they had already released CSII as a completely free upgrade.

ZoronMaro

Oct 30, 2017
The only way this is acceptable is if the base game is $40 over here and the season pass is $20 cause then I'm just paying what I expected for the number of characters I expected. I'm sure it'll be $50 though with a $30+ season pass.

This really does kill all hype. They're lucky they included my waifumain or I would even consider supporting this. Kanji mains (which from my experience is like 150% of the people who play P4A/U) should absolutely boycott this game
so I don't have to play against kanji anymore

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Moving away from the (justified, mind you) doom and gloom for a sec, anyone have guesses for the silhouettes? I'm seeing Akihiko kinda maybe? Left side at the top. Got nothing else. Can't even see Yang.
Here's a large image for reference:
BlazBlue-8-1.jpg

Deleted member 4037

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Moving away from the (justified, mind you) doom and gloom for a sec, anyone have guesses for the silhouettes? I'm seeing Akihiko kinda maybe? Left side at the top. Got nothing else. Can't even see Yang.
Here's a large image for reference:
BlazBlue-8-1.jpg
The problem is I cant make heads or tails of when a character starts and stops, cause I cant even see teddie anywhere and I would think he would be easy to spot given his shape