• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Mar 27, 2019
Has anyone else been playing this game on pc specifically with the Xbox game pass app? I'm getting really bad freezes every few seconds and not sure how to fix it.

Feeroper

Oct 25, 2017
This game is on sale on the Switch now and I'm tempted - Did it receive a patch yet to address some of the stuff in the Switch version like the shadows, bullet casings, etc?

Samuray

Nov 21, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Seeing as how it gets its physical release tomorrow, I would really like to know if the SWI version is now on par with PS4 graphics- and effects-wise. Regarding slowdowns and particularly those empty bullet casings. The physical version will be 1.02, I think. Or 1.20? The current one, hopefully.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely wasn't on par when I played it at launch, and there is some pretty bad slowdown throughout (among other issue). I believe this goes into the differences:

Can't speak to any changes post-patch(es).

Despite everything, I will be picking up that LRG LE because the game rocks.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Just beat this game last night. That final boss is legit insanity, so fucking good.

The devs should pat themselves on the back for this, they made a better Contra game than some of the original devs at Konami did in the same year. Loved the end credits music too.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
I didn't realize this was the same developer as Odallus so I just passed it by in the endless list of switch garbage.. My friend started the game up, once I heard that developer screen I knew I was in for a good time. Amazing game. Absolutely incredible. Love it.

edit: Bought it on Steam, there's Halloween sprites! Zombies and jackolanterns! How festive!

Last edited:

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
Seeing as how it gets its physical release tomorrow, I would really like to know if the SWI version is now on par with PS4 graphics- and effects-wise. Regarding slowdowns and particularly those empty bullet casings. The physical version will be 1.02, I think. Or 1.20? The current one, hopefully.

Would like to know this too, really want to buy this but want my playthrough to be with the performance patch if it's ready

furfoot

Dec 12, 2017
Tried tweeting the dev about switch patch state but no response. Guess I'll let the sale slide.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Tried tweeting the dev about switch patch state but no response. Guess I'll let the sale slide.

The artist of the game mentioned on a brazilian podcast that you have to pay nintendo to patch a game on switch (not sure if it is different on other places) so they are doing everything on steam and when the steam version is 150% they will do it on switch as one big patch since they are brazilians and one dollar is now equal lots of brazilian moneys

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
The artist of the game mentioned on a brazilian podcast that you have to pay nintendo to patch a game on switch (not sure if it is different on other places) so they are doing everything on steam and when the steam version is 150% they will do it on switch as one big patch since they are brazilians and one dollar is now equal lots of brazilian moneys
That is not true at all, though. Nintendo has never charged for patches unless they have now randomly introduced a fee. That was a thing with Microsoft during the 360 generation (the reason Fez never got patched until they stopped charging loooong after). Not sure what kind of myth they're peddling there.

argonsmash

Oct 25, 2017
Any news on a possible patch? I was hoping the switch physical release would include the improvements.

argonsmash

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the info. Sounds like the switch version might have the patch then since the physical copies are still in the pipeline.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Leaving Game Pass this month:
www.trueachievements.com

Four more games set to leave Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Game Pass for PC soon

Our scanners have picked up more titles which may soon leave the Xbox Game Pass services: two leaving both Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Game Pass for PC, and two more just leaving the PC Game Pass service.

Boo. Did the Switch one get patched to work better? I remember some performance issues. I'll just pick it up there.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
I finally got to the end credits of this game a few weeks ago. what a perfect song choice to play over the credits. as a fan of that artist it was a wonderful feeling to recognize that music as soon as it started. such a quintessential synthwave vocal jam.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got to the end credits of this game a few weeks ago. what a perfect song choice to play over the credits. as a fan of that artist it was a wonderful feeling to recognize that music as soon as it started. such a quintessential synthwave vocal jam.
Yeah that would was great and fitting for it.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
This is one of the game's I've been playing while in quarantine with covid...

So I mostly like it, and as a fan of Contra, it kinda scratches the same itch... kinda.

My biggest issue is with the jump. In Contra, when you would jump, your character tucks in his legs, making himself a ball, making a smaller hit-box, in order to avoid bullets and enemies while jumping. It added a cool, fun action mechanic.

This game, you're still upright while jumping, and you can't avoid shit - in fact, jumping opens you up to more damage than not. 75% of my deaths was jumping, because I'm so used to Contra, and assuming I'd turn into a ball, but then taking a hit instead.

It was one of my favorite little action mechanics in Contra that is totally gone from this game, which also makes it harder than it needs to be.