• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

WhisperOfMalice

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
After waiting so long for her banner, maxing out all the characters I had left to max and draining every last source of free orbs that I had left. The game decided to reward me with 1 Mayuri. I'm happy that I got Kenpachi and red Yachiru for my Yoruichi but I would have liked Unohana to join my team. On the bright side: if she's ever a filler on a summon in the future, that would be one less filler for me to worry about xD

Goodluck with your summons

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
After waiting so long for her banner, maxing out all the characters I had left to max and draining every last source of free orbs that I had left. The game decided to reward me with 1 Mayuri. I'm happy that I got Kenpachi and red Yachiru for my Yoruichi but I would have liked Unohana to join my team. On the bright side: if she's ever a filler on a summon in the future, that would be one less filler for me to worry about xD

Sorry to hear you didn't get her. :(
Glad to see you're having such a positive outlook on it though!

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, sorry about that luck, but I'm glad you got Kenpachi and Yachiru at least. Nice to see you looking on things positively, there will be other characters to chase after. Hopefully you'll have better luck then.

WhisperOfMalice

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I got to say that the Lisa gameplay looks super stylish!

Btw anyone got any tips on playing the game when you only get orbs from events? I assume it's just saving till next manga banner? How many people here are "veterans"?

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Btw anyone got any tips on playing the game when you only get orbs from events? I assume it's just saving till next manga banner? How many people here are "veterans"?

Do the dailies, level up your characters for orbs, do events, curse your terrible gacha luck, thats about it. Oh, run raids and then level up the raid drops.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017

Basically what Uthred said.
I'd also leave some orbs in your present box just so you won't be tempted to use them, don't let them expire though!
What I also do is not touch new Stories or sub stories just to have orb sources in the future.

Got Unohana in under 1k. That was stressful.
Congrats!

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

Uthred basically covered everything. Just be careful on when you spend your orbs, and try to set a limit when you do. I've been playing since launch and still have orb sources, so as long as you space things out, you should be fine. Just max out all raid characters (at 4/5*), complete the events/missions when they appear, and do your dailies. The game as a whole is relatively generous with orbs, even for veterans, you just have to budget accordingly and don't spend everything chasing a singular character. Obviously, the odd character comes around (such as Unohana), where it might be worth spending all you have, but even then you should be able to accrue another decent stock or orbs if you do the previous things listed.

And congrats on the Unohana, Idoru!

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Five pulls and got Lisa and Hiyori, definitely happy with that, Lisa looks a lot of fun.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
KLAB Games Station Episode 60

dvlT6ld.png

Kaname's Recipe for Justice Full Course Sub Story on Jan 19

WkZWnnA.png

Frenzy Intensive Course on Jan 22

9R5uCPW.png

Next Round of Intensive Course
Tech Hogyoku Aizen, TT Koga, Tech Riruka, TT Soi Fon, Kensei, Tech Retsu
Seems like we're getting a Tech gacha soon

Five pulls and got Lisa and Hiyori, definitely happy with that, Lisa looks a lot of fun.

Congrats! This is some amazing luck :o
I...spent a lot more than I'm comfortable with to get Lisa. About 2k and only got Mashiro.

Sorry to hear you that :(

IceBringer

Oct 25, 2017
Unbelievable. I tried to go on to do some last minute pulls on retsu's banner, but there was an update so I missed it by like 2 seconds. Randomly decided to throw some orbs at the new banner even though it's only .5% to get her. On my second single I got this
ML1jc.png

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Unbelievable. I tried to go on to do some last minute pulls on retsu's banner, but there was an update so I missed it by like 2 seconds. Randomly decided to throw some orbs at the new banner even though it's only .5% to get her. On my second single I got this
ML1jc.png
That's some great luck, congrats! On a single too? Insane.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
ML1jc.png
This is some amazing luck, that's a 0.5% chance to get her. Congrats!

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
I can make one and link it to the OP behind Quotes if you'd like no randoms getting in or just distributed through PMs.

The update is most likely coming on the 24th 11pm PST since that's when the special maintenance ends.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
TYBW Round 1 returning! All 3%

ahebtgh.png

Fillers: Kensei and TT Soi Fon

Solo banners all come Jan 25
Shunsui - Speed Ukitake, Tech Genryusai
Toshiro - Power Halibel, TT Rangiku
Byakuya - Mind Mayuri, Past Yoruichi
Sajin - HM Tosen, Shuhei

Tech Extreme Co Op Selection
1asHZZk.png

29 mill downloads as well

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
TYBW Round 1 returning! All 3%

ahebtgh.png

Fillers: Kensei and TT Soi Fon

Solo banners all come Jan 25
Shunsui - Speed Ukitake, Tech Genryusai
Toshiro - Power Halibel, TT Rangiku
Byakuya - Mind Mayuri, Past Yoruichi
Sajin - HM Tosen, Shuhei

Tech Extreme Co Op Selection
1asHZZk.png

29 mill downloads as well
Nice!

I might try for Sajin, he's the only one I'm missing. That being said, TYBW Kenpachi is a lot of fun to play as, although I do need another strong NAD Mind character. Too bad the fillers for his banner are essentially worthless (and I even have Shuhei already).

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Typcial round 1 returns when burned all my orbs. Going start saving for next manga characters or which ever character peaks my interest

There's a good chance, too, that future manga characters will keep outclassing current ones, like Retsu and Kenny did.

I think the only ones from Wave 1 that are outstanding units are Toshiro and Komamura. Too bad klab makes all of them look awesome stylistically, though ( ._.)

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a good chance, too, that future manga characters will keep outclassing current ones, like Retsu and Kenny did.

I think the only ones from Wave 1 that are outstanding units are Toshiro and Komamura. Too bad klab makes all of them look awesome stylistically, though ( ._.)

I think Shunsui is meant to be pretty good for PvE? Most of the time it feels characters are rated largely on PvP performance, I'd love to see a solid PvE/PvP tier list for this game like you see for a number of other games. Though I suppose for PvE a SAD character with as much SA recharge time reduction you can stack is still king?

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think Shunsui is meant to be pretty good for PvE? Most of the time it feels characters are rated largely on PvP performance, I'd love to see a solid PvE/PvP tier list for this game like you see for a number of other games. Though I suppose for PvE a SAD character with as much SA recharge time reduction you can stack is still king?

Is Shunsui really good for PvE? I was under the impression Toshiro was for his ability to freeze, but I'm not the most well versed for PvE stuff :]

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Shunsui is really good for PVE. His nad string is fast. His strong attacks are all good, his 2nd Strong Attack is a boss killer while his 3rd has full screen range.

He's a very fun, strong, and safe PvE character.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm... Didn't know that about Shunsui...

**Runs off to do a yolo multi**

Edit: >:[ nothing

Nuke

Oct 25, 2017
Mirassol, SP, Brazil
There's any other way to obtain/buy the Kon medals? It'll take me almost 2 months to get a character .-.

And why Ganju only have a 1 star unit? Any problem with the voice actor or something else?
Also, I wish to have regular Zommari one day. First time I saw him I thinked "Wow, this dude is like the Wesley Snipes of the Espadas". Then he transformed into a giant garlic with eyes...

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
KLab Games Station Episode 61

My mistake about the solo tybw banners, Toshiro/Shunsui are tonight and Sajin/Byakuya are on the 28th

NSaXRIq.png

Mind Attribute Summons planned for Jan 26th ft. Unohana, TLA Shinji, and Ulquiorra

iCj30Ve.png

Arrancar Selection planned for Jan 29 ft. Mila Rose, Heart Stark, Mind Barragan, Yammy, and Apache

figtLYQ.png

New Intensive Schedule
Stark, Yammy, Apache, Barragan, Academy Renji, Genryusai

IgDVb7U.png

Point event coming to GL tomorrow, finally get to try new ticket system with point event

There's any other way to obtain/buy the Kon medals? It'll take me almost 2 months to get a character .-.

And why Ganju only have a 1 star unit? Any problem with the voice actor or something else?
Also, I wish to have regular Zommari one day. First time I saw him I thinked "Wow, this dude is like the Wesley Snipes of the Espadas". Then he transformed into a giant garlic with eyes...

Just PVP and daily orders are the way to get Kon medals
Maybe KLab will give us unreleased Zommari as a Frenzy character since that seems to be what they're doing for those forms of the espied.

Ganju had a limited movie 5* which I'm sure is coming back soon since it released like two weeks after TYBW Round 1.
Edit: Oh you mean Kuukaku's brother, I'm pretty sure he'll get a Medal Character like his sister. Shame he hasn't gotten a proper 5*

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
900 orbs later and Saijin is mine, but sadly thats gutted my "Valentines fund"
Congrats! I'm tempted to go for him, as he's the only TYBW character I don't yet own, but I want to pull on the Valentine's banner (since I only have one of those, that being Rukia) as well as save up for the next batch of TYBW characters. The fillers for Sajin's banner doesn't help things. :(

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
DiYHpPl.png

Filler pool for the Valentine's Ticket.
bpL6o8o.png

White Tech Ichigo and Heart Isshin are the new character packs

Y030Jsa.png

New Cat Yoruichi coming to the medal exchange

Nuke

Oct 25, 2017
Mirassol, SP, Brazil
Free Cat Yoruichi? That's cool, I was tempted to get her, but I'm also saving my medals to get the DR Rukia.

I have +1k orbs saved for this event, and all the new characters looks awesome. Yoruichi strong attack looks like Gilgamesh from Fate series.

I really want Nanao because I don't have any healer for my teams. Are healer characters viable in this game? If I get one, should I focus into strong attack links to heal more or should I focus in strong attack casting time?

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Free Cat Yoruichi? That's cool, I was tempted to get her, but I'm also saving my medals to get the DR Rukia.

I have +1k orbs saved for this event, and all the new characters looks awesome. Yoruichi strong attack looks like Gilgamesh from Fate series.

I really want Nanao because I don't have any healer for my teams. Are healer characters viable in this game? If I get one, should I focus into strong attack links to heal more or should I focus in strong attack casting time?
Unfortunately if you don't get her by 11pm PST today you're going to have to wait until she comes back.
These are the characters coming to the medal exchange
Cat Yoruichi (17% coin drop), Akon (17% crystal drop), Hisogamaru (Fire Resist), Karin (Dodge 11%), and Tessai (SAD 20%)

Healers are definitely viable in PVP, most people just stack Damage Reduction on them and call it a day. In PVE healers are going to need Recharge links to be able to heal whenever possible and Nanao will definitely be the best Power healer when she gets released though not having status on anything really knocks her down.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only had enough for two ten pulls and only gold for my troubles. Oh well another week to scrounge up some orbs

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Only had enough for two ten pulls and only gold for my troubles. Oh well another week to scrounge up some orbs
Sorry. :(

I did 2x multi-pulls, since I only had Rukia and chance of dupes were low, and got Nanao and Hallibel out of it (as well a new 4* Rangiku). I do really want Yoruichi, but I'm going to stop here.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, Valentine's was okay for me. Didn't have any of the characters so I felt that whichever 5* I got first would be okay...but I got Momo and said fuck that because literally anything else would've been better.

So I rolled the remaining orbs out of frustration and got Nanao and Halibel, which are great, just wish I had gotten Yoru instead. Guess I can start saving up orbs for the best TYBW.