• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
There is a new Frenzy Character (Urahara with Crystal and Coin Drop) that I forgot to talk about.

Think people are just waiting for the Bankai Live on the 21st

Loving what KLab have been doing to the events by adding Event Clear Points, been farming the Four Battles event for all the Brave Souls Summon Tickets!

Last edited:

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
RNG is a cruel mistress. I need green accessories(so I can supe up my characters linked to TYBW ichigo) and I get red.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
RNG is a cruel mistress. I need green accessories(so I can supe up my characters linked to TYBW ichigo) and I get red.
You don't get stat boosts from accessories linked to characters you are using as soul links.

I'd run the Four Battles event for a chance to get x3 Premium Accessory Tickets (and the Brave Souls Summon Tickets) but the Kon's Calamity event is also good since it has x5 Premium Accessory Tickets in the lottery and a Brave Souls Accessory Ticket every 50 soul tickets used.

mugurumakensei

Oct 25, 2017
You don't get stat boosts from accessories linked to characters you are using as soul links.

I'd run the Four Battles event for a chance to get x3 Premium Accessory Tickets (and the Brave Souls Summon Tickets) but the Kon's Calamity event is also good since it has x5 Premium Accessory Tickets in the lottery and a Brave Souls Accessory Ticket every 50 soul tickets used.

Darn. I just got to where I have enough link slot potions to have actually upgraded three of my links to level 3 with one being level 4. I figured link slots would be the only reason you'd be crazy enough to use one of those accessories which reduce sp to 0.
Strangely, I've done close to 30x10 premium ticket pulls (90% red and almost always for a character type I do not have). I've accumulated a ton over the past 3 months. Always getting premium tickets when I want soul tickets or brave summons tickets. The brave ticket event has been awesome for me. I've accumulated many brave souls tickets.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Darn. I just got to where I have enough link slot potions to have actually upgraded three of my links to level 3 with one being level 4. I figured link slots would be the only reason you'd be crazy enough to use one of those accessories which reduce sp to 0.
Strangely, I've done close to 30x10 premium ticket pulls (90% red and almost always for a character type I do not have). I've accumulated a ton over the past 3 months. Always getting premium tickets when I want soul tickets or brave summons tickets. The brave ticket event has been awesome for me. I've accumulated many brave souls tickets.
Most people use chappies on characters with Flurry and Poise for PVP (TYBW Unohana, One-Armed Yama, and TLA Kenpachi) because it makes them obscenely strong or just on characters with high ATK and skills to not really need SP.

That's some terrible accessory luck! If they repeat what happened last anniversary there should be events that drop specific attribute accessory tickets!

Yeah I always try to farm the Brave Souls Summon Ticket events for the chance to get new characters!

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
These new accessories aren't the greatest but I already spent 3000 premium accessory tickets trying to grt the facts exclusive ones, ended up with 2 speed increases and 1 melee guard resistance.
Started playing the game on an iPhone 6S and the performance is so much better than on my iPhone 5S, too bad the 6S only has 16GB but I can make it work!

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It looks like the Anniversary character was unveiled a bit early. Oops.

I won't link to it here (since it's a scan), but check the BBS Reddit. As for who it is...

It looks to be a Hogyoku-fused Ulquiorra.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Ulquiorra looks good but I'll still save my orbs if the rates and fillers are bad like I did with Round 2

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that the Bankai Live is happening tomorrow morning 5am PDT/8am EDT
english translated by KGS crew

raw japanese

t1532174400z4.png

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Anniversary Ulquiorra looks good!
SilentUnripeDuckling-size_restricted.gif

Just disappointed they didn't announce any characters for round 4 of tybw (unless yhwach is one of them)

IceBringer

Oct 25, 2017
I hope yhwach isn't round 4. Don't want him to take anybody's spot. I just want my yoruichi... Ulquiorra looks cool though

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
EVHXRTm.png

Choose a 6* Character, can still get dupes though but not multiples of the same character in the same roll

IbB4ZXi.png

Log-in campaign includes Orbs and a 5* Ticket

pXGXHHb.png

Free once a day pull in the Getsugatensho Gacha

9TTjTis.png

3rd Anniversary Accessory

XC0EQOt.png

Step Ups with the Anniversary Ulquiorra, not much is known other than the free multi and 5* guarantee at Step 6

tH1jR98.png

Ulquiorra Boss Rush includes a Super Editing Brush

JIsPgJd.png

Fullbringer Revamp coming after August

Some other stuff they said
Resurrect Element added for character growth
Speed up Soul Tree completion
Increase the amount of accessories you can use to strengthen (max is 10 right now)

Oh there's also gonna be some sort of resurrect mechanic added.
They didn't really explain that all to well but it seems like it's going to be a level cap raise or the fabled 7* as it's to help character growth.

Last edited:

mugurumakensei

Oct 25, 2017
THe name resurrect makes me think you'll probably be able to reset back to level 1 and base soul tree in return for a probably small boost to base stats.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
This anniversary stream kind of let me down. No real surprises, since Ulquiorra was leaked ahead of time, and even if he wasn't a lot of people (myself included) expected him anyway.

The biggest disappointment for me was lack of TYBW Vol. 4 news. I get why they didn't do it, since it would likely overshadow the new Ulquiorra, but that didn't stop them last year with Lunar Ichigo. Yhwach is cool, but I wanted my Yoruichi! There's always a chance they might stealth release it right after the first round banner, but if not, I guess I'll just continue saving. I might pull more than I expected to for Ulquiorra if he's good, but ONLY if the filler pool is good. If it's not, I won't bother. Ideally, they'll make it a step-up with a guaranteed Ulquiorra at the final step (other gacha games do something similar), but I have a feeling this won't happen unfortunately.

As always, the orbs are good, as well as the choose-your-character (assuming I don't get useless ones like last year). Other than that, it's kind of lukewarm for me. :(

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately, the step-up summons have the same rates as last year. No surprise, I guess. :/

The new Ulquiorra is power-attribute and seems pretty powerful. Weaken, Frenzy, Charged Attack, No Affiliation Killer, SAD +25%, Poise, you name it. Filler characters re great, too. So many useful ones. I'll definitely go six steps for the guarantee, but probably not more than that. It depends on how things go.

Edit:

Wait, apparently these aren't the only 5* on this banner, they're the only "featured" ones. It's possible to pull all of the other 5* from the common pool through this banner, albeit at a supposed lower rate.

Hype gone. :/

Edit #2:

Never mind, apparently it's still a 6% chance for a featured character (at the later steps), it's just if you don't get one of those, you at least have a chance to grab another random 5* character. So, in theory, it should be easier to get multiple 5* multi's, with the same chance for one of the banner/filler characters.

Ulquiorra gameplay. He looks to be really good, really nice animations and super fast attack string.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
I fell asleep right before the reset D:

Seems like the rates are improved, Step 2 is 4% at least. I have none of the "featured" characters so I might just pull the singles at least.

Disappointed at the disparity between Global and JP news though, JP has detailed 6* pull, Getsuga Gacha, 3rd Anniversary Quest, Ulquiorra Boss Rush, Anniversary Ticket, Intensive Course, Frenzy Intensive, and much more while Global just gets the Step Ups Notice.

mugurumakensei

Oct 25, 2017
I fell asleep right before the reset D:

Seems like the rates are improved, Step 2 is 4% at least. I have none of the "featured" characters so I might just pull the singles at least.

Disappointed at the disparity between Global and JP news though, JP has detailed 6* pull, Getsuga Gacha, 3rd Anniversary Quest, Ulquiorra Boss Rush, Anniversary Ticket, Intensive Course, Frenzy Intensive, and much more while Global just gets the Step Ups Notice.

It's up now.

WhisperOfMalice

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not really feeling ulquiorra yet. Think I'm going to do the steps till the guaranteed 5 star and save for Yoruichi after that.
I can see manga round 4 being in round 2 of anniversary, or that's what I'm hoping for.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
hSqSg7f.png

This guild quest is pretty easy if you have TYBW Shunsui!
I'm using him, TT Ichigo for combo, and HW Orihime for the soul bomb

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm at 15k, and I still have at least ten 6* characters I can max for orbs. I won't go beyond Step 6 (MAYBE Step 7, I'll see) for round one, though. If TYBW Vol. 4 (and Yoruichi) are in round two, as many expect, I want to have enough orbs to hopefully get Yoruichi (assuming she's in Vol. 4).

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
9K after throwing 2K orbs at TYBW Ichigo who still eludes me. I did get three Unohana's though so...yeah.

mugurumakensei

Oct 25, 2017
2K but mostly because I wasted so many trying to get SS orihime for that armor adding ability. I got 4 Nells and 3 Rirukas.

My lucks been crap after pulling TYBW Unohona, TYBW Ichigo, TYBW Rukia, and TYBW Renji.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I only have I think 50... I'm always low on orbs. And my phone's performance as of late has gotten worse (I get multiple force closes on apps a day), so I haven't really been playing much again.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
The 1, 2, and 3 punch of TYBW Ichigo, Hellverse Ichigo, and Swimsuit Orihime used up a fair bit of my orbs so I'm only at 5k.

I only have I think 50... I'm always low on orbs. And my phone's performance as of late has gotten worse (I get multiple force closes on apps a day), so I haven't really been playing much again.
The game became such a chore to play on my iPhone 5S because of this, I started using my sister's iPhone 6S for it and it's so much better.

IceBringer

Oct 25, 2017
I'm almost to 15k. I like to save up a bunch but it's getting harder to hold off on some of these banners

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
My results were a dupe White Ichigo from free daily and 4* free multi
I did get this though which is amazing
vv8opwy.png

I'm going with Halibel

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, nice selection of characters, Hypno! No brainer goingm with Halibel, though. I have her, she's great. Tempting to not go for one-armed Yamamoto, though...

Anyway, I did my six steps. Funnily enough, going in I was going to pick Tech as my attribute in the choose-your-own promotion, since I wanted Soi Fon, Yamamoto or Aizen. The ONLY new characters I got in those six steps were precisely those three, as well as a dupe Mind Soi Fon and two dupe White Zangetsu. As much as I'd like to get Ulquiorra, since the rest of the filler pool doesn't interest me, I'll probably stop here.

I'm not sure which attribute to choose now. Maybe Speed, just because I want to try for VD Yoruichi.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, nice selection of characters, Hypno! No brainer goingm with Halibel, though. I have her, she's great.

Anyway, I did my six steps. Funnily enough, going in I was going to pick Tech as my attribute in the choose-your-own promotion, since I wanted Soi Fon, Yamamoto or Aizen. The ONLY new characters I got in those six steps were precisely those three, as well as a dupe Mind Soi Fon and two dupe White Zangetsu. As much as I'd like to get Ulquiorra, since the rest of the filler pool doesn't interest me, I'll probably stop here.

I'm not sure which attribute to choose now. Maybe Speed, just because I want to try for VD Yoruichi.
Thanks! And congrats! Those are the only ones I really want from the filler pool as well so if I do keep pulling then it'd be a waste to pick Yamamoto. Going to wait until Round 2 is revealed to see if I keep going
At least Ulquiorra doesn't seem to be limited so he'll return someday!

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! And congrats! Those are the only ones I really want from the filler pool as well so if I do keep pulling then it'd be a waste to pick Yamamoto. Going to wait until Round 2 is revealed to see if I keep going
At least Ulquiorra doesn't seem to be limited so he'll return someday!
Thanks.

This is why I did the step up's before choosing my attribute. If I had went with Tech and then got a dupe of Soi Fon/Yamamoto/Aizen, I would cry. Then again, they are great links. Best of luck to you on your pulls, should you decide to do more!

I was looking at the lists for attributes, and I've been blessed in more than a few areas so I don't really need any of the elements now. I know Speed might technically be the weakest choice, but they have a handful of characters I like (Christmas Halibel, VD Yoruichi, Anniversary Ichigo, Past Lisa, and Parasol Nanao. The rest of the ones in the list I'd want I already have. I've got basically all of the ones from Power and Tech that I'd ever want (although Christmas Ururu would be great), and I already have a handful of the strong characters from Mind/Heart too (TLA/TT Renji, White Zangetsu, Barragan, SS Riruka, Past Mashiro, etc.). It's a free choice, so I guess it doesn't really matter. Worried about getting a Yammy on Speed, though.

Edit:

Attribute summon gave me another useless set. I went with Speed, and got:

Yukio
Mayuri (have)
Kenpachi (Have)
Omaeda
Retsu

I went with Retsu since she's cute, and I have enough Jewel Links already. It's funny, since I chose Tech last year and Retsu was the only new one back then too. :/

Last edited:

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I went with technique and it's horrible =<

Izuru
Senbon
Genryu (old)
Valentine Hal (already have)
Seasonal Ulqu

If anything I'm going to just pick Izuru and call it a day but I'm looking for suggestions on who the best of this bunch is.