• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
I mean Yu Yu Hakusho released OVAs not to long ago (2018) and nothing really came out of it.
Because YYH is already finished. Those episodes in itself were the main reason. The OVA's were adapting some bonus chapters.

Though even then I wouldn't be suprised if they wanted to revive the show in some way.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, I wouldn't hate this being where they decide to go when it comes to the whole Bleach line considering how bad the final arc of Bleach is.

But hey, this probably won't end up being much than a barometer on whether or not people care about Bleach still.

Brickhunt

Feb 4, 2018
Brazil
Also how does a Harry Potter world mix with Bleach Buddhism like ideas?
Bleach took place in a setting influenced by Buddhism optics. In theory, Burn the Witch, taking place in a different setting and culture, is going to have a different optic/interpretation of the same idea. Dragons clearly have some kind of connection to Hollows.

Kinda like in One Piece in which Haki exists in many places, but in some of them, such as Skypeia and Wano, they have different names.

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
Bleach was never actually well written but I have a soft spot for it because I watched it when I was small. I even cosplayed orihime once. Would be nice to see it animated to the end.

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
I have a soft spot for Bleach because I watched it when young and the writing took a nosedive eventually to the point where I secretly wanted Aizen to pull one more random "Since when were you under the impression-" to finish up the plot.

When he DID actually do that in one of the last few chapters I laughed and felt like it was all worth it.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I thought the final arc was legit good up to Yama's death (save that Lloyd Royd bullshit lol). A straight 1:1 adaptation of it would not be good though. That shit needs rewrites. Kubo needs to sit down and think about what worked and what didn't and work alongside the anime staff. I really doubt that's what would happen so I don't care if we never see it. I'll check out this OVA if it's real though.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
A smart move would be to have 1 or 2 seasons of this each year, with Tite writing a draft.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the final arc was legit good up to Yama's death (save that Lloyd Royd bullshit lol). A straight 1:1 adaptation of it would not be good though. That shit needs rewrites. Kubo needs to sit down and think about what worked and what didn't and work alongside the anime staff. I really doubt that's what would happen so I don't care if we never see it. I'll check out this OVA if it's real though.
The beginning of that arc was actually quite good, making me hope the final arc would redeem Bleach. Even after Yamamoto died, when Ichigo was told how he got his hollow powers, and the true natura of Zangetsu, was neat. Of course, there were some wtf moments like Unohana had to die so Kenpachi could become stronger, or Byakuya surviving after the quincies almost killed him. But then came the second invasion and everything turned out to be worse than Hueco Mundo and Fake Karakura town.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
So, there's a chance Bleach will be finished after all? I think FMA:B treatment would be great, plus anime can significantly improve the pacing of the last arc.

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
I just read this one-shot again and the:
"HA-HA PANTIES, HA SHOW THEM" is so tiring. I do not care for this ova unless that aspect is changed, which would probably mean it needs to be rewritten and that probably won't happen if they choose to adopt the one-shot.
There were aspects that are interesting, but I don't see the need to connect it with Soul Society and thus Bleach again.

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
Bleach is back?
-Aizen-aizen-34793533-500-375.gif

Jon_Sama

Aug 19, 2018
I dont care how shit that last arc turned out to be, I need to see Yamamoto's, Shunsui's & Mayuri's fights in glorious animation.

Brickhunt

Feb 4, 2018
Brazil
It's the 20 year anniversary. If the final arc adaptation isn't announced there, it will never be released

BTW, we should update the title or have a new thread, no?

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
So, there's a chance Bleach will be finished after all? I think FMA:B treatment would be great, plus anime can significantly improve the pacing of the last arc.
They aren't doing that, lol. The og FMA anime didn't adopt half the series, hell there's a reason Brotherhood fast tracks what the original covered.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Unless they rewrite the entire last arc don't even do it it's trash. The art is good though Kubo got really good in the end I like his style. Just do a new manga wash your hands Bleach last arc taints the whole series.

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
Why do people think the revival will happen when it will just be BTW?

Didn't they just hire a bunch of new voice actors for the Zero Squad and Quincies for the mobile game ?
I don't think it's that delusional to see more than just a coincidence.

But if it's just BTW, oh well, better than nothing.
42021.jpg

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Burn The Witch is Bleach only in name. It's basically got fuck all to do with Bleach.

The cast aren't ghosts/deal with ghosts.
Hollows are literally not a thing.
They're basically magical rangers

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unless they rewrite the entire last arc don't even do it it's trash. The art is good though Kubo got really good in the end I like his style. Just do a new manga wash your hands Bleach last arc taints the whole series.

A new manga would be great, but I do think Bleach desperately needs a redux like Hellsing Ultimate or Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. If they could condense the manga into sixty to seventy episodes that'd be fantastic and it probably wouldn't even be that hard - you'd just have none of those dragged out battles taking several episodes.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
As far as the voice actors being at the event, all I think about his Dragon Ball thinking Jump Festa would be the place for Super 2 announcement with Vegeta & Goku being their.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
Also never congratulate that Bleach fan on twitter James about shit if it come back. He's a giant fraud and it's sad anyone listen to him or think he's knows anything.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
it's going to be a mobile game

we will all have been trolled

but actually let's hope for a Bleach sequel series starring Sosuke Aizen and his escape from Muken

Brickhunt

Feb 4, 2018
Brazil
I don't think Bleach needs a Kai release. Most fillers happened in arcs that can be skipped. It's only like the One Piece anime in which they stretches the hell out of a chapter to fit a single episode. The final arc bring animated is fine enough.

Burn The Witch is Bleach only in name. It's basically got fuck all to do with Bleach.

The cast aren't ghosts/deal with ghosts.
Hollows are literally not a thing.
They're basically magical rangers
I think it's pretty clear that, at least, the Dragons are Hollow-like and some of Bleach's cast were not ghosts and had powers in human form, such as Fullbringers and Quincies. BtW is likely to be the Bleach universe under western optics and how the same concepts vary in different cultures.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I think it's pretty clear that, at least, the Dragons are Hollow-like and some of Bleach's cast were not ghosts and had powers in human form, such as Fullbringers and Quincies. BtW is likely to be the Bleach universe under western optics and how the same concepts vary in different cultures.
The dragons aren't Hollow like in the least. They're magical beasts that do fuck all unless some weird shit happens.

And that's why i said aren't ghosts and don't deal with Ghosts. Reverse London is a physical place, none of the witches are dead people. You don't need to be dead or anything of the like to get there.

If not for the last page, you wouldn't even remotely think it was related to Bleach.