• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
Bleeding Edge is not a moba in any sense. What a weird comparison.

It's got some VERY clear moba inspired components that are pretty obvious, such as a heroes that fit specific "roles", skill based abilities on cooldown, and certain elements of the map design. It's kind of hard not to see them.

It's still got it's own uniqueness to it though that sets it apart from being a straight up moba. Enjoyed it quite a bit initially, but now I'm starting to see some quirks in the design, although nothing they can't tighten up before release.

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Just checked it out, loving Miko so far! I didn't expect much from the game but I'm actually impressed. Getting my group of friends to download it and run it later today!

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wish this game were F2P. Game Pass should guarantee a decent population for a bit but I don't see too much lasting value. Game is smooth and looks cool but it also isn't terribly original or too rewarding, along with some balance issues that I've been going on about since the first alpha.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone up for teaming up?

I main Kulev right now but I can play each class. Would really love to try this in a team with comms.

Wish this game were F2P. Game Pass should guarantee a decent population for a bit but I don't see too much lasting value. Game is smooth and looks cool but it also isn't terribly original or too rewarding, along with some balance issues that I've been going on about since the first alpha.
For me it will depend on the content of the main game. A decent ranked mode would be the main draw for me. I could see myself putting some time into this pushing for higher end play.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
The area/drag & hold abilities need like a 3D marker additionally, the area on the ground can sometimes be hard to see.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
Anyone looking to party up. Sick of people picking daemon and trying to lone wolf just to get killed.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think you need this because you can change characters at any time. Team comp can be adjusted on the fly. That's a liability for new players, probably but eh. That makes it more interesting later on.

You can, but you can in a ton of other games too, but stubborn people just don't and you just have this push pull if you want to help the team try and win v lone wolves. It's a hard problem to solve, but after bashing my head against Overwatch and other games for years, role queue seems to be the way to do it.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
Maeve is my character. She is fun as all hell to play. With her life steal it's crazy...then whenever she kills her cool downs go away immediately.

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
The game feels fantastic but the matchmaking experience is absolutely terrible
The first game I loaded into had two healers and one attacker, so I picked a tank, then I went the entire match without either healer healing me once
I loaded into another game that launched when the lobby was only 2v4 and it was way too late to have any chance of winning when 2 more people joined later
There is only one capture point at the start of the match so the team of 4 just sat in the middle of it and there was literally nothing that me and the other person could do
I started getting flashbacks to why I hate overwatch so much and deleted the beta immediately

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
I'll have to stop playing until I can play with friends. Randos are killing me. How hard is it to focus support characters, deny objectives and to not go one by one after you die at different times? The power collection mode is the worst offender. It's always the same idiots that have a lot of power cells that go and die alone, giving all the resources to the enemy team. The basic lack of sense some people can have astounds me. No one expects everyone to know every single intricacies of all characters (especially at this point), but don't these people have at least some sort of survival instinct? Like when you're down in HP, all your abilities are on cooldown, you're alone against an entire team and your reflex is to ... go towards them and attack?

There's also some lovely character specific interactions, like Buttercups reeling in a target that someone else is currently attacking and that's about to die, not even trying to get a hit once the pull in is finished, hereby saving the target. Same kind of thing happens with Mukutu saving dying enemies with his pushback. Don't get me wrong,e veryone is trying to learn the characters so mistakes like that are bound to happen. I'm talking about situations where it happens a lot of times in the same match, by the same person.

So far I haven't had one game that hasn't been a wash. Either complete victory for my team or the other team. Never hotly contested, never even close. Sometimes it can be a while before the ball gets rolling, like it stays close for a while, but once one team has the real advantage, I've never seen a comeback. So far it seems to really be a case of death timing. It can stay pretty close if all the battles result in a team wipe, meaning the other team (or yours) will respawn at essentially the same time, leading to another team battle. But so far I don't think people playing this have enough restrain to wait for allies to respawn, leading to a loooot of situations where everyone just goes in and tries to be the hero alone.

Had fun yesterday and this morning/afternoon, but I don't think I will play it again until it launches. Have some friends interested in it as well!

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Man meave or that witch chick goes fucking ham. I'm caging fools left and right then conjuring my secret genjetsu and blowing there ass up!!!

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just tried it for the first time, it's great! I'll definitely play this on release. Needs more heroes though.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Game is really giving me Super Monday Night Combat vibes which is great because I friggan loved SMNC.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'm really feeling the Monday Night Combat vibes, spent a few hours playing solidly as Gizmo and it's been a joy.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
You know I kinda wish they went the moba route with creeps and lanes. Something else other than just team fights all the time. A little.mire variety wouldn't have been bad.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll have to stop playing until I can play with friends. Randos are killing me. How hard is it to focus support characters, deny objectives and to not go one by one after you die at different times? The power collection mode is the worst offender. It's always the same idiots that have a lot of power cells that go and die alone, giving all the resources to the enemy team. The basic lack of sense some people can have astounds me. No one expects everyone to know every single intricacies of all characters (especially at this point), but don't these people have at least some sort of survival instinct? Like when you're down in HP, all your abilities are on cooldown, you're alone against an entire team and your reflex is to ... go towards them and attack?

There's also some lovely character specific interactions, like Buttercups reeling in a target that someone else is currently attacking and that's about to die, not even trying to get a hit once the pull in is finished, hereby saving the target. Same kind of thing happens with Mukutu saving dying enemies with his pushback. Don't get me wrong,e veryone is trying to learn the characters so mistakes like that are bound to happen. I'm talking about situations where it happens a lot of times in the same match, by the same person.

So far I haven't had one game that hasn't been a wash. Either complete victory for my team or the other team. Never hotly contested, never even close. Sometimes it can be a while before the ball gets rolling, like it stays close for a while, but once one team has the real advantage, I've never seen a comeback. So far it seems to really be a case of death timing. It can stay pretty close if all the battles result in a team wipe, meaning the other team (or yours) will respawn at essentially the same time, leading to another team battle. But so far I don't think people playing this have enough restrain to wait for allies to respawn, leading to a loooot of situations where everyone just goes in and tries to be the hero alone.

Had fun yesterday and this morning/afternoon, but I don't think I will play it again until it launches. Have some friends interested in it as well!

It's disheartening to me because I pointed out these issues in the first alpha a while ago, and none of this improved by an inch since. Gameplay is overall smoother, everything feels more polished, but the fact that all matches are a wash, that spawntrapping is a thing, that trapping objectives is easy, that there's no real telling sign on to which role you should take (Overwatch players and the like know, a newcomer won't, hence all the horrible dispositions)... the game just doesn't play well because the actual community is largely different from their playtests where everyone knows how the game is supposed to be played. That is never the reality, and they have placed no incentive not to abuse mechanisms, no telling signs aside from the result that your team is not effective. It's also TOO heavy on the teamwork in the sense that if you have a healer behind you, you almost become immortal against somebody who doesn't.

The issue is that, due to these design choices, it doesn't feel rewarding either way. I've had matches where I was a killing machine, murdering unsuspecting dudes left and right because their stupid teammates failed to pick a healer or something. Likewise there were times I died 5 times in 2 minutes because I used the jumppad, my teammates were dumb as fuck and the enemies knew how to trap us and murder us, again and again. I encountered these problems months ago, they have not improved at all and we're a month or so before launch. They should have put these issues as a priority but they didn't, and I'm not sure this game will be fun for the vast majority of the community. The reason games like Monday Night Combat, Overwatch and the likes work so well with any player is that you feel useful. You're trash? You can still build useful turrets or call an ultimate that blocks an offensive. Here you either stomp or get stomped, no middle ground or fun zone between the two extremes.

And hopefully it's due to lag only due to the lot of players or something, but entire matches just feel kinda off in terms of hit detection, autoaim and general movement, with players doing little teleports here and there, abilities locking on then suddenly being out of range for no reason and so on.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game is incredible. The combat gives me some League of Legends vibes, could definitely see it as a MOBA.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
Super cool in theory. But woof at these teammates. Can't group up, don't know how to focus, can't protect healers.

I guess a lot of these people haven't played MOBAs or MMORPGs.

I don't like a lot of the character design though, super weird looking. I guess some people are into it, but it's a pretty big turnoff for me. But I play a bunch of Warframe, and that game has terrible designs all over the place. Hah.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm not in the right mindset for this. I just wanted a dumb 3D multiplayer brawler, but this definitely more MOBA than I thought.

Which is fine. That's on me, and the potential seems good. Maybe I'll get it down the line when more of my friends want to play it.

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
Game is really giving me Super Monday Night Combat vibes which is great because I friggan loved SMNC.
Ya'know I was wondering why I liked this so much and this explains it. Yes it's Monday night combat. It more like the original then super though.

So far I've only been playing daemon but I really am loving the game.

Anyone got a Nintendo Pro controller working with the game?

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Played a bit on Gamepass and I really like it. Shocked to find that it isn't going to be F2P and that kind of discourages me from picking the game up despite really enjoying it because I don't want to pay money for something that feels like it's going to be canned or shut down within a year or two. If enough people think the same then it's only inevitable. Hopefully they optimize the game to run on potatoes too which will be helpful.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ya'know I was wondering why I liked this so much and this explains it. Yes it's Monday night combat. It more like the original then super though.

So far I've only been playing daemon but I really am loving the game.

Anyone got a Nintendo Pro controller working with the game?
I used the Switch Pro controller when I played earlier, it feels pretty great for it. I used ProconXInput to get it to work.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played a bit on Gamepass and I really like it. Shocked to find that it isn't going to be F2P and that kind of discourages me from picking the game up despite really enjoying it because I don't want to pay money for something that feels like it's going to be canned or shut down within a year or two. If enough people think the same then it's only inevitable. Hopefully they optimize the game to run on potatoes too which will be helpful.

People were saying the same thing about Sea of Thieves, and that was a niche genre. This game will do great in GamePass!

Oct 26, 2018
It's disheartening to me because I pointed out these issues in the first alpha a while ago, and none of this improved by an inch since. Gameplay is overall smoother, everything feels more polished, but the fact that all matches are a wash, that spawntrapping is a thing, that trapping objectives is easy, that there's no real telling sign on to which role you should take (Overwatch players and the like know, a newcomer won't, hence all the horrible dispositions)... the game just doesn't play well because the actual community is largely different from their playtests where everyone knows how the game is supposed to be played. That is never the reality, and they have placed no incentive not to abuse mechanisms, no telling signs aside from the result that your team is not effective. It's also TOO heavy on the teamwork in the sense that if you have a healer behind you, you almost become immortal against somebody who doesn't.

The issue is that, due to these design choices, it doesn't feel rewarding either way. I've had matches where I was a killing machine, murdering unsuspecting dudes left and right because their stupid teammates failed to pick a healer or something. Likewise there were times I died 5 times in 2 minutes because I used the jumppad, my teammates were dumb as fuck and the enemies knew how to trap us and murder us, again and again. I encountered these problems months ago, they have not improved at all and we're a month or so before launch. They should have put these issues as a priority but they didn't, and I'm not sure this game will be fun for the vast majority of the community. The reason games like Monday Night Combat, Overwatch and the likes work so well with any player is that you feel useful. You're trash? You can still build useful turrets or call an ultimate that blocks an offensive. Here you either stomp or get stomped, no middle ground or fun zone between the two extremes.

And hopefully it's due to lag only due to the lot of players or something, but entire matches just feel kinda off in terms of hit detection, autoaim and general movement, with players doing little teleports here and there, abilities locking on then suddenly being out of range for no reason and so on.
This isn't true, last night, multiple times I fought someone 2v2 with the enemy team using zerocool to continuously heal and with quick timing you can easily kill them.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
People were saying the same thing about Sea of Thieves, and that was a niche genre. This game will do great in GamePass!

I don't remember anyone saying that about Sea of Thieves and also, survival/sandbox games usually aren't F2P and can be played solo. I've seen too many competitive MP games like this (Gigantic, Dirty Bomb and Battlerite are ones I especially enjoyed) die prematurely and a lot of them were straight up free to play which is supposed to make things more accessible than Gamepass ever could.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Honestly the cell battery is a terrible mode though!!! It requires pin point communications and a good strategy which isn't going to happen with randoms. You'll have one person running around collecting batteries while the other 3 die then he just gets ganged.

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
I really dig the game. You can't do much by yourself and if your team is terrible you're probably doomed. But such is the nature of the game and if elo play becomes a thing, then you'll hardly get matched up with people who don't know what they're doing.

Ninja Theory must be very happy Game Pass exists, though, because I can't see this game doing well in any other scenario, despite being so good.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This game rules man holy shit! Its surprisingly well polished and its loads of fun.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017

It'll be on GamePass and it'll stay on GamePass because Microsoft owns Ninja Theory, so it'll only die if people don't like it. Loads of people will have access to it.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well if nothing else at least the game gave us this thread where we learned that MOBA's invented the idea of roles for characters and team composition being important.