• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
EQfatfRXYAYZcyv

3oqmfz.gif

FAQ

Q: How can i play the closed beta?

A: Pre orders (Xbox, W10 and Steam) People who played the alpha tests, Gamepass users (Xbox and W10)

Q: Is this the only beta?
A: The first beta tests will be from Feb 14 until the 17. Next beta test is March 13 until March 16

Q: Is there crossplay?
A. Yes the game is full crossplay between Xbox, W10 and Steam. The game is also Play Anywhere for Xbox and W10

Q: What time does the beta start?
A:
nowweknow_3081093b.jpg

Q: How do i download the beta and is there a preload?
A: Yes there is a preload and its up now. How to download see below. The size is arround 8gb.

Steam
If you pre-purchased Bleeding Edge via Steam then the Bleeding Edge Closed Beta app should be available now to download and install within your games library.

If you participated in the Bleeding Edge technical alpha, you will receive a Steam Key which must be redeemed before you can download and install the Bleeding Edge Closed Beta.

To redeem this key, open the Steam browser on your system and select "Activate a product on Steam", enter the key exactly as it appears in your email and you can then install the Bleeding Edge Closed Beta.

Xbox One
If you have already participated in the Bleeding Edge technical alpha, then the technical alpha app will update to the Bleeding Edge Closed Beta automatically. If not you can search for updates via the updates tab in your games & apps.

If you have digitally pre-ordered Bleeding Edge for Xbox One via the Xbox Store, the Bleeding Edge Closed Beta app should be available to download and install in the "Ready to install" section of the "My games & apps" page.

Windows 10
Similarly to Xbox One, if you have already participated in the Bleeding Edge technical alpha, then the technical alpha app will update to the Bleeding Edge Closed Beta automatically.

Alternatively you can search for the Bleeding Edge Closed Beta app via the Store app on your windows 10 system, provided you're logged in with the Xbox Live account you used to pre-order Bleeding Edge, the Closed Beta should be available for download.

Xbox Game Pass
Xbox One
If you are participating in the Bleeding Edge Closed Beta and have an active Xbox Game Pass membership, you can find the Bleeding Edge Closed Beta app by searching for it on the Xbox Store page.

As long as your Xbox membership is active, you should be able to download and install the Bleeding Edge Closed Beta app in your Xbox One console.

Windows 10
If you have not done so already, please ensure you have downloaded and installed the necessary updates and applications to run the Xbox Game Pass for PC (beta) on your system.

Open the Xbox (beta) app and enter "Bleeding Edge" into the search bar in the top right hand corner of the browser.

Fine the Bleeding Edge Closed Beta app and install the game in order to participate in the Closed Beta weekend.

Q: He Theorry any good tips how to play and what the modes are?
A: If only there was a handy vid for that. Not from me tho. ;)

Last edited:

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Oh, neat. Interested to see the mouthfeel of this game.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Excited for the weekend! Game will likely feel a bit different compared to the Alpha with the addition of parry mechanics.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Good to know it's a crossplay title. Since it's a melee focused game, do you expect to be at a disadvantage when facing kbm players on Xbox?
The game is played better with a controller. It even says so as a tip when you start the game on PC. Not much aiming to do, it's rather about skill combos, positioning and timing, especially for evade and parry.

DosDaddy

Feb 17, 2019
Really looking foward to checking this out over the weekend I need a new MP game. Question tho. If i downloaded it from Game Pass onto my Xbox a week or so ago is it the same client or will i need to download another?

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Really looking foward to checking this out over the weekend I need a new MP game. Question tho. If i downloaded it from Game Pass onto my Xbox a week or so ago is it the same client or will i need to download another?
Different version. The other one you download is just a place holder for the full game

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm embarrassed to say I was in the tech alpha but never once managed to play a game (mainly because of the narrow testing windows). I DID get to load in to the tutorial area and try out some characters.

I'm really intrigued to see how the game plays now and if it finds an audience. The brawler/melee aspect of it might be enough to distibnguish it as I assume positioning will be even more important and the DPS dives on backline support will become an "obvious" tactic that most of the playerbase tries to do.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played since the very first public-ish beta a while ago. The movements felt great then but there were serious balance problems that turned every game into a stomp. Curious to see if they can work what they have into an addictive and balanced multiplayer experience. Maybe later betas already solved many issues I had, hopefully I'll manage to put in some time this weekend to find out.

Maffis

Oct 29, 2017
I'm cautionally optimistic, but I have concerns about the game just being a button masher. I know from the beta too that if you lost 1 player in a fight it was basically impossible to win. The snowball effect is huge and it didn't really felt like you could outplay your opponents. Also ranged heroes are boring. But I'm still kinda hyped.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
Interested in this primarily because a brawler is easier for non-pros than a shooter. The skill levels required for a lot of shooters are insane and a huge deterrent for people who don't have time to play every day.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

Hey everyone!

The Bleeding Edge Closed Beta is finally upon us and with it comes some new and exciting changes which we can't wait for you all to try out. Not only have we continued to fix bugs and improve Bleeding Edge to ensure it's the best game it can be, we've used the time between the last technical alpha play test and now to listen to your feedback and add new features.

Streaming and capturing

Yes! we know how eager the community has been to finally start showing off their Bleeding Edge matches to the rest of the world and we're happy to let you know that the Bleeding Edge Closed Beta can be streamed over your favourite live streaming platforms.

Watchzone

When we introduced the watchzone in the technical alpha, we were overwhelmed at the positive response we received from our community. We've continued to tweak this feature with improved UI and functionality and look forward to watching your matches live from the Watchzone.

Accessibility

Not only does Bleeding Edge sport a snazzy new menu screen, we've also added new accessibility options so our players can customise their experience for maximum comfort and usability. Accessibility is very important to us and we will continue to improve this aspect of Bleeding Edge leading up to and post launch.

Rewards

We've overhauled the end game rewards screen to help players better understand when and how they earn Mods, Mod Parts and Credits. Highlights and Stats are still present and have their own tabs in the end game roundup. This is still a work-in-progress, so expect further improvements down the line!

Advanced Tutorial

During the technical alpha we received important feedback from our players regarding their first time experience with Bleeding Edge, this led us to design a new basic tutorial and help new players learn how to play Bleeding Edge.

We continued to use what we learned from this feedback and have now implemented an Advanced Tutorial which will help both veteran and first time players learn more about the finer aspects of Bleeding Edge combat.

This feature is still a work in progress and we will continue to fine tune it over time.

Emotes

We know how much you enjoy the personality of each Bleeding Edge fighter and we want you to have even more options on how to personalise your fighters, within the workshop you'll now find the option to unlock and select different emotes for each fighter.

Cosmetics

We have more options available than ever before to help our players travel in style in Bleeding Edge.

From the workshop you'll find new:

• Hoverboards
  • Paintjobs
  • Stickers
  • Trails
Parry

The smallest changes to combat can have the biggest impact for Bleeding Edge and this is especially true of our new parry system. Parry costs no stamina and is activated by pushing the evade button without directional input. The window for a successful parry is just a few frames before being hit, but if you pull it off you'll stagger the enemy, giving you frame advantage for counter attacks, or enough time to make an escape. Right now all Fighters except Makutu can parry – we'll be sorting out our antipodean buddy in an upcoming patch!

Thank you

Thank you, to everyone who participated in the technical alpha, answered our many surveys and provided us with the feedback which made Bleeding Edge the game it is now.

Thank you, to everyone who pre-ordered or pre-purchased Bleeding Edge, your support is invaluable and has shown us how passionate the Bleeding Edge community is.

Thank you, to everyone who will be joining us for our first Closed Beta on Friday the 14th of February, we can't wait to watch your matches and cheer you on as you play Bleeding Edge!

Spartan117-TR

Feb 26, 2019
Really liked the alpha, gameplay - teamwork- graphics are all superb and there is nothing like this game on the market right now, gonna spend so much time with full version.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

Really a character if you master it you can be unstoppable.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Info on what you get from playing the beta.

What do I Get for Pre-ordering and Playing in the Closed Beta?

As an extra bonus and thank you for pre-ordering or playing the beta with Xbox Game Pass, you'll get the Punk Pack of these in-game incentives, including three exclusive fighter skins:

• Punk Rock NiÄ‘höggr Skin
  • Butterpunk Buttercup Skin
  • Outrider ZeroCool Skin
  • Rioter's Hoverboard
  • Make Your Mark in-game Sticker Pack
  • Three bonus taunts

Additionally, if you play the closed beta this weekend during your local start and end times, you'll get the Amor heart hoverboard trail for free!

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Alpha players check your mail. They are giving a Steam key to use for yourself or to give away.

I have a Steam key to give out. Let me know who wants it.

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
This game looks absolutely amazing, art style and graphics are some of the best I've ever seen. Here's hoping that MS and their infinite cash trick are able to make this one shine in such a crowded market.