• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
When i see Miko her healing beam i always think about DBZ lol

TidyUnrulyBlacklab-size_restricted.gif

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to play the beta earlier (setting Xbox to NZ), or is it a global start?

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So intresting stuff posted on the forums

Did you know you that you can get yourself a free evade if you're knocked down?

If your character is sent flying and they land on the ground, pushing the evade button will let you dodge without using stamina.

Alternatively, every fighter has a unique get-up attack, if you're feeling aggressive you can use this to catch your opponent off guard!

Makutu's combo has a 4 hit combo like other melee fighters and more!

Push the attack button, then push and hold it once more to have Makutu unleash a flurry of fast hits. If you press and hold on the final action take your opponent up into the air with a fearsome uppercut!

Attack, Attack & hold

Attack, attack, attack & hold

Attack, attack, attack, attack & hold

Makutu has a 4 hit combo like other melee fighters and more!

Push the attack button, then push and hold it once more to have Makutu unleash a flurry of fast hits. If you press and hold on the final action take your opponent up into the air with a fearsome uppercut!

Attack, Attack & hold

Attack, attack, attack & hold

Attack, attack, attack, attack & hold

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Finally the one I've been waiting for. Big Miko fan, enjoyed her the most in the alpha.
I have been waiting for this as well. I was already committed to playing her, but this video just cemented it. She seems really versatile in that it seems like you could adapt her support style quickly vs various enemy compositions/tactics.

Plus, a staff master who can do battle healing (and stealth) is on-brand for me. Feels good. Can't wait!

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Curious to see the impressions tomorrow, I imagine it'll be pretty mixed. Hopefully people give it a proper chance though. I remember my first impression of the game in the alpha was really, really rough but after giving it more time it eventually clicked and I had a ton of fun with it.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Downloading now.

Edit: Oh, it starts at 6 pm.

Last edited:

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
Going in pretty blind for this beta. Not sure how I feel about the art style cuz it seems like it has a lot of 'tude, but hopefully the gameplay will pull me in.

Dega

Oct 25, 2017
Love the music so far. Played a few matches and it seems pretty fun too.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Holy crap the difference between this and the technical alpha are night and day. Combat much improved with evasion and parrying. Graphics much sharper. Great performance and no server issues thus far. I still wish you could pick game modes and the speed of energy cells increased (maybe more cells/drop points or less total requirements), but still, this is pretty great. Oh, and the tutorial is much improved. I have a midterm to study for, so I'll have to put this down until tonight, but honestly, this is shaping up to be something really good.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished my first match. It's definitely fun. I just wish it were more responsive. Definitely can't play this like Anarchy Reigns.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
Still not letting me connect on the Steam version. I'm going to download it on the Xbox beta app and see if that works.

StillEdge

Oct 29, 2017
I hope there is a way to rotate the "X" button with right trigger. Not really a fan especially trying to rotate the camera while smashing "X"

TheLoCoRaven

Banned
Dec 4, 2017
The match I was watching on twitch shows that you can see all the characters at all times. You see them through walls. Is that just a certain game mode or something? Seems odd to not be able to sneak up on anyone or run and hide for a few.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
O man I love this game but it's going to have the same over watch type community 😂

Some random guy "Ya I don't know what my team was doing but they fucking sucked! I was killing it but they just couldn't do anything. Trash ass team!"

meanwhile I look at the leaderboard and see I have top kills damage and healing while playing A healer 😂😂

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
The match I was watching on twitch shows that you can see all the characters at all times. You see them through walls. Is that just a certain game mode or something? Seems odd to not be able to sneak up on anyone or run and hide for a few.

Could be wrong but I think this only applies if your teammate has vision on an enemy or is getting attacked by them, etc. Then they'll show up through walls and on the mini map.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
The music is unbelievable. But the gameplay... i dunno. Feels like it is missing something... It isn't bad per se....

Veteran Paragon players may find the general gameplay familiar, but without the strategic layer of a 3rd person moba, most fights just feel hectic. I won all games played today but it didn't feel like I was in control of the game strategically.

Buttecup's chain pull is OP. It secures kills all day everyday.

Last edited:

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
If you like slasher games like MGR or Bayo, this feels soooo shallow. And I get it - it's supposed to be like that, easy to pick up. Active-skill based. But I don't know... At least couple of combos per character would be nice.

It can be fun, but when a team doesn't play well it really sucks. Good for them it's in Game Pass but I doubt it will hold up well.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've yet to get into a full match, people either AFK or leave right away. It's fun when it's all coming together in team fights though.

Blu

Oct 25, 2017
Who are you guys liking so far?

I've only been playing Maeve but she seems messed up. Like she does a pretty decent amount of damage and she has a cage trap and she can bounce from battle with her invis. There's no way to counteract invis in general right?

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
Managed to get it working by using the Xbox launcher instead of Steam, and played a few rounds. It's pretty fun, definitely feels a lot like a brawler Overwatch, but I think in some ways that's better? I was playing Miko exclusively and she's great, always feels fun playing a front-line healer, and having a dedicated stun is fantastic.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who are you guys liking so far?

I've only been playing Maeve but she seems messed up. Like she does a pretty decent amount of damage and she has a cage trap and she can bounce from battle with her invis. There's no way to counteract invis in general right?

Miko. Feels like she' super well-rounded. CC, defensive abilities with her AoE shield, and pretty strong healing. She's a lot riskier than the hoverbike healer, he seems like he's pretty much the Mercy of this game, but Miko is more fun imo.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Bastardo is amazing btw. High skill gap tho. It plays it abit like Zarya from OW. You need to be in the fight to keep your shield up.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, getting lots of lag in-game atm.

So far this feels like it has a lot of potential, but my god are teams braindead right now... still, when it clicks it feels great. Controls are snappy, the game modes are fun.

It looks gorgeous, too.

So intresting stuff posted on the forums

Did you know you that you can get yourself a free evade if you're knocked down?

If your character is sent flying and they land on the ground, pushing the evade button will let you dodge without using stamina.

Alternatively, every fighter has a unique get-up attack, if you're feeling aggressive you can use this to catch your opponent off guard!
This KD stuff is laid out during the tutorial.

Dega

Oct 25, 2017
No lag for me atm. Yeah teams are kinda all over the place at the moment but thats to be expected i guess.