• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Holy crap the difference between this and the technical alpha are night and day. Combat much improved with evasion and parrying. Graphics much sharper. Great performance and no server issues thus far. I still wish you could pick game modes and the speed of energy cells increased (maybe more cells/drop points or less total requirements), but still, this is pretty great. Oh, and the tutorial is much improved. I have a midterm to study for, so I'll have to put this down until tonight, but honestly, this is shaping up to be something really good.

sounds great

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Finished the tutorial. Played a match. Quit before the match was up as you really need 3 other teammates on Discord in other to make this even somewhat enjoyable.

Was excited but it's a pass for me for now. If I can't queue up with randoms in a competitive game (and win) then it's not worth my time tbh.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the tutorial. Played a match. Quit before the match was up as you really need 3 other teammates on Discord in other to make this even somewhat enjoyable.

Was excited but it's a pass for me for now. If I can't queue up with randoms in a competitive game (and win) then it's not worth my time tbh.

Definitely untrue. I just did a match without sound at ALL and just annihilated.

astro

Oct 25, 2017

You can queue up and win with randoms... things can be messy right now as it's brand new to most players.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if it's the performance? Or the lag? But this becomes literally unplayable during certain fights and even random moments walking to a point. I also don't think the feedback is 100% where it should be. Hits need to feel heavier and punchier. The auto aim is also a little wonky. I enjoy the game playing for 20 minutes or so but even now I'm looking at it and wondering what the skill cap will be. Doesn't seem like a game with a really high skill cap?

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Bastardo is amazing btw. High skill gap tho. It plays it abit like Zarya from OW. You need to be in the fight to keep your shield up.
The guy from Mexico with dual swords? I'm not seeing how. He has one gap closer move that follows your targeting. And he has a spin2win move as well. The other move tops off his health. His ultimate is a clone of his regular special move. He is good, but "high skill gap" he is not. I recommend him for newer players.

Now, someone like Buttercup? Setting up her dash (hold melee) to tag multiple players and reposition them? Pulling them when they try to run. Chasing by using her dash button (which is actually just a boost button for her, not a dash with i-frames)? MID AIR pulls into air combo??? She is much deeper than him imo!

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
The guy from Mexico with dual swords? I'm not seeing how. He has one gap closer move that follows your targeting. And he has a spin2win move as well. The other move tops off his health. His ultimate is a clone of his regular special move. He is good, but "high skill gap" he is not. I recommend him for newer players.

Now, someone like Buttercup? Setting up her dash (hold melee) to tag multiple players and reposition them? Pulling them when they try to run. Chasing by using her dash button (which is actually just a boost button for her, not a dash with i-frames)? MID AIR pulls into air combo??? She is much deeper than him imo!
Because Life Support is what makes him. And it wil take alot of people to figure it out. Maybe not super high skill gap. But it requires more a idea then other characters.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas

It's really not that hard to play as a team in this, just stick together. People will figure it our eventually (or they'll stop playing because they can't lone wolf and get kills).

If you're expecting to queue into games and flat out carry, it's not going to happen in this game.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I will also say that performance wise, this game runs like a dream on my ageing rig. It defaulted to 1080p on mostly "epic" settings. Outside of a few stutters in my first battle (probably caching ability effects and stuff) it runs quite well. The game feels buttery smooth.

Gtx980+i5 old-school combo still holding up. But the character models are pushing any boundaries tbh. If you zoom in close, you can see the polys on your character's ass (don't ask). But you won't shouldn't be looking that close anyway. It looks good otherwise.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
This game plays superbly, scratching an Overwatch itch I didn't even realise I had. Been playing as Gizmo and ZeroCool, definitely finding Gizmo the best playing character thus far.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Still amazed this is been made by such a small team and has so much attention to detail.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They definitely need to add more modes, and a way to choose which mode you want to play. I don't really find Power Collection all that enjoyable.

Power Collection just requires too much coordination, the thing that is going to be most lacking this early in the game's life when no one knows what they're doing and don't communicate. I find the other two modes way more enjoyable.

Blu

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like your only option in range vs melee as range is just to run. Parry works to get them off you for a bit but parrying multiple times in a row with how small the window (and also the jittering I get from laggy players) is difficult. You can't really kite people from what I've seen.

Also it's find of frustrating not being able to just aim at what I want. Very much designed with controller in mind.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
The game is mad fun and pretty polished. It controls great, sounds and looks nice (especially those animations). Although there are obvious parallels to games like Overwatch, it feels like its own thing, imo.
Not sure about some design descisions though, especially auto/fixed aiming with guns. It´s pretty frustrating when running/flying around with collected 10 cells and a defensive character won`t let you jump on your board/stops you from flying with their baby shots. I guess it makes sense because those characters are designed to stay in the background but still, I feel like their range attacks have too much stopping power.
Apart from this, I had plenty of fun so far and I´m looking forward to playing more of this.

Last edited:

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Tried a few games.
Nice music, but not really feeling the game. A bit too slow paced and simple for me, I guess you could say this is basically third person Overwatch but a core component of Overwatch is its first person shooting which makes it engaging in the times when you aren't using your abilities which I feel is lacking here , and ofcourse the maps being structured entirely differently is another factor.

Oct 27, 2017
Only played a few rounds, but am feeling quite positive on it so far.

My only small complaint would be the mount speed doesn't feel fast enough, or any faster than the normal run speed.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Who are you guys liking so far?

I've only been playing Maeve but she seems messed up. Like she does a pretty decent amount of damage and she has a cage trap and she can bounce from battle with her invis. There's no way to counteract invis in general right?

The more I play her the more I think she might be busted. Insanely hard to lock down and her Siphon Life gives her crazy sustain compared to other characters. Not to mention the cage which secures so many kills on people trying to flee.

Weston

Oct 29, 2017
Loving it so far. They managed to make the support and tank characters a lot fun to play, which is a big deal for me. Enjoyed my time playing as every character.

I think you guys are right about Maeve. She's good at pretty much everything.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am looking forward to teammates getting familiar enough with the game to realize they need to target ZeroCool. My team has lost so many fights because people just ignore him chilling back there healing and it's hard for me to take him out alone as Mako since his teammates are usually smart enough to peel for him.

I really, really don't enjoy the power cell gametype. I've started just quitting out of those matches, I don't enjoy that game type in the slightest. Everything else is great. The game looks, feels and sounds great.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoying this so far. People need to play the damn tutorial mode to learn how shit works though

MovieFlask

Nov 1, 2019
Maryland
Looking forward to playing this after getting through dinner and a rom-com with my wife before she gets too tired and goes to sleep. Happy Valentine's Day!

May 21, 2018
Hmm... this game is nothing like Anarchy Reigns. To assume so would be an utter misconception (based on merely viewing from a distance).

Just finished my first match. It's definitely fun. I just wish it were more responsive. Definitely can't play this like Anarchy Reigns.

The only thing the two have even remotely in common is being presented from a third-person player perspective. Bleeding Edge is definitely its own thing.

It will be interesting to see how the meta eventually turns out in Bleeding. I suspect it won't be as 'deceptively complex' (or downright "broken" like Anarchy) as a result.

Keeping in mind that Ninja Theory's game is still in its beta phase, there are definitely some things that need to be ironed out... and they might be. Things feel a bit too slow and floaty so far.

This type of game (CQC-melee based online brawler) is very hard to get right. We will eventually find out if Ninja Theory can do it.

May 21, 2018
One thing this has going for by default is... NT had the common sense to have Bleeding Edge running on Dedicated Servers. That's a critical step in the right direction.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The music is really good. Just the right mix of spacey and heavy.

Kulev feels pretty busted (but that might be due to lack of focus from teams right now...). About to try the mind control super.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
So I take it this isn't for people who love fighters?

It's more of its own thing or take on brawlers.

I see lots of auto lock and the combat seems a bit spammy.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
So I take it this isn't for people who love fighters?

It's more of its own thing or take on brawlers.

I see lots of auto lock and the combat seems a bit spammy.
It looks spammy but you can't be if you want to do well. It's got a really strong rhythm to it and you need to be smart about when you use your abilities.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I love the music and the presentation but the gameplay just isn't there for me. I felt the same way about the Disintegration beta. Just dull really.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
This is great to hear.

How much do you think a single great player can make a difference? Looks very very team based.
If a team is focused and yours is not, you die lol.

If both teams are on the same level which has happened once or twice, it feels really good, and during those moments a single player can definitely make encounter winning plays. So far, not apparent if anyone is actually busted or anything yet...

Hero Prinny

Oct 25, 2017
game doesn't wanna work with my xbox controller on pc, microsoft store version. anyone else having this issue? i disconnected everything else and it still doesn't wanna work.

Blu

Oct 25, 2017
Word to the wise to anyone who hasn't played WoW. If there is a Kulev just standing near a hazard, don't go for them. They're going to Mind Control you into it.