• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the tutorial. Played a match. Quit before the match was up as you really need 3 other teammates on Discord in other to make this even somewhat enjoyable.

Was excited but it's a pass for me for now. If I can't queue up with randoms in a competitive game (and win) then it's not worth my time tbh.
You judged a multiplayer game this harshly from not even finishing one single match?

Damn lol.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You judged a multiplayer game this harshly from not even finishing one single match?

Damn lol.
If you call that harsh you should take a look at the Outriders preview thread.

It's full of amazing hot takes such as "I guess making quality games isn't profitable any more" or something dumb like that. Based on a video btw.

Ducayne

Oct 27, 2017
I tried the alpha a few times and did not care for it at all, but I played a few matches of the beta and was having a blast! I love the art direction, looks great x enhanced. Matches feel a little long (maybe due to the slower pace) but I was never waiting for it to be over.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
If you call that harsh you should take a look at the Outriders preview thread.

It's full of amazing hot takes such as "I guess making quality games isn't profitable any more" or something dumb like that. Based on a video btw.
I think it's really fun, and needs time to settle and the player base to get how to play.

May 21, 2018
**Constructive criticism alert: The combat is just too slow and lacks... 'impact' (right now). Animation is also in need of some polish.

sinny

Oct 28, 2017
Cant play the beta, i get an error "Game is already running" everytime
Im on win10 with gamepass

This sucks

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
El Bastardo is just great. loving it so far, only criticism I have is that matches can go a bit long but I think this has more to do with people learning to play cause some people just ignored objectives. Once people start getting better matches should take less time.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Those players who just rush in before all 4 spawn and die over and over... please community.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
It's great when you play with a coordinated team. Just had a good game. Miko is my bitch, I fucks with her! :)

DrScissorsMD

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 19, 2019
Actually really impressed, super polished. Obviously one of the more basic characters but I really like Nidhoggr. People are inevitably going to compare this to other team-based hero PvP games like Overwatch but I could definitely see this finding a niche especially with GP.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
anyone having issues playing with friends? By my self it took seconds to get a match. I've been in queue for 5 min already with my friend and nothing

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Think I really underestimated Gizmo. If you get teammates that can even remotely peel for her she'll chew up entire teams.

Edit: Power Collection is such a mess. I scored 29 power cells. The rest of lobby combined for 10.

Last edited:

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Game feels a lot better than before 100%. Enjoying it so far. Not too into the power collection mode and it's all I've gotten matched up in. It doesn't help that players have no idea what they're doing.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
Once people know what's going on and figure that this is a team based game and not a 3D action brawler game, it will make sense. Once you get that teamwork going, that's when the game shines. Hopefully it finds a good amount of people to play it consistently. Super polished.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
This is a really good game. Kulev is my favourite so far. Having to force myself to stop playing, that's not happened with a pvp game in a while.

Bigfellahull

Prophet of Truth
Mar 6, 2018
I played in the alpha and now the beta and I still have the same issue with the game. You need a good, coordinated team. Playing with randoms is usually painful. Part of that may be that people don't know how to play the game yet and thus don't know how to team fight. If I judged League of Legends on my first few games I wouldn't have continued to play.

JadedGhost

Jan 28, 2019
I love the music and the presentation but the gameplay just isn't there for me. I felt the same way about the Disintegration beta. Just dull really.

Unfortunately I feel the same way. I really want to like it as it seems like a great game but i just cant get into the gameplay thus far.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely think they should disable back filling once a certain threshold is met. Joining into a game that's 400 to 40 doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
Yeh they don't seem to end it if the entire opposing team leaves, at least when it just happened to us we were 4-0 for a 30s or so and MM started pulling more people through.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
A played a little bit, a few things.

The tanks don't seem viable, there's a mobility problem with them. The meta seems to get 3 DPS and a healer, and they just bust down anything. Some heroes are definitely way better than others because they have both mobility and DPS.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
I played about 4 matches and im about done tbh.

Game is boring, slow and everything lacks impact and feels "loose", i dont like how auto targeted most of the abilities are.

The game feels like a bad Smite with a bad basic attack and parry system + auto targeted abilities.

Art wise i find the game an unispired copy of things that came before.

This was my first time playing the game and i'm not looking forward to playing more even tho i think theres promise on what they were going for in general.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Ninja Theory must hate me since every Alpha and Beta ALWAYS ran when I was either asleep or had work. At least I was able to play the training mode.

Oct 27, 2017
I like it so far
- they should utilize the rumble triggers more to give it more impact
- it's kinda slow but I don't think you could make it faster without messing it up

also yeah it's basically a moba esque (smite) type game. If that's not your thing well they already said that was what they originally was trying to do

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
They need to speed up everything by like 20-30% or reduce the map size by half. 4v4 with maps this huge creates way too much dead air. Also I was expecting an Anarchy Reign and not a moba without the minions and towers. Dunno about this from the beta. Looks nice though.

Update: Why does every melee character have massive hit stun that you literally can not get out of?

Oct 27, 2017
They need to speed up everything by like 20-30% or reduce the map size by half. 4v4 with maps this huge creates way too much dead air. Also I was expecting an Anarchy Reign and not a moba without the minions and towers. Dunno about this from the beta. Looks nice though.

Update: Why does every melee character have massive hit stun that you literally can not get out of?
You can evade out of the stun

StonerSage

Banned
Sep 22, 2019
I love the sound it makes when you get a kill and the game seems like it can be fun, but after ten games I lost every single match by ALOT. Bouncing out of this one unless there is some sort of sbmm applied.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Played for a good bit and while the core gameplay is solid and fun at times, the overall pace is much too slow to really make it interesting. This is a game where any hero with high mobility is going to be king, for example the Ninja mask guy can do high DPS and has high mobility so there's not much of a trade off.

Also, the maps are too big and not very interesting. There needs to be more verticality and skill based jumps to make traversal fun and rewarding. More of the time players just run to the middle section over and over until the game ends.

The battery mode is also sort of flawed, I think the batteries should have to returned to your spawn side ala Oddball or CTF. There should also be some sort of mega batteries that spawn every now and then to create opportunities for dynamic team pushes and cooperation.

Overall the game has a lot of potential and looks and runs great but they are going to need to work on the balancing a lot to make it successful.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Getting the hang of things but I'm digging the hell out of it!

Also, I'm utterly in love with the art direction.

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Transitioning from walking to hoverboard takes way, way too long. I like the art style though

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I love the UI, music and character designs. The stages are downright ugly, giving me that mediocre Crackdown vibe. The melee dosent feel impactful and teamfights are just a clusterfuck (and i follow dota 2 teamfights). Its not good, just fine. This reminds me of Brink, an ok game that will be forgotten.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Really like the game but man, am I the only one who's getting a lot of teleporting for the rest of the players? It gets really disorienting when people are going wildly different directions than what the initial animation suggested.

And I really don't think it's on my end as I'm fully wired, have nothing using up bandwidth in the background and I play a lot of other games on this connection with 0 issues including fighting games.

EDIT: I checked out the devs playing stream and it was happening there too, albeit not as frequently.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the hoverboard mechanic just feels weird. Should've just made the maps smaller and left an actual sprint mechanic in.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really cool game. Better than I'd thought it'd be. Enjoy the premise and all the wacky characters. Gameplay/controls feel pretty dang polished. I really enjoy playing the dinosaur legs girl. Good flow to her kit, and I like that many of the characters have some subtleties with their moveset and button presses.

BTW the girl with the gun comes off as more than a little inspired by Jinx from League of Legends :p anyone else catch that?

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2017
A played a little bit, a few things.

The tanks don't seem viable, there's a mobility problem with them. The meta seems to get 3 DPS and a healer, and they just bust down anything. Some heroes are definitely way better than others because they have both mobility and DPS.

This is different from the Alpha it sounds like because tanks were wrecking people in the alpha.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Fights are messy because people don't get it yet, I've had it click with both teams doing well and it's definitely not a clusterfuck. There's a strong rhythm to it, with teams with comms this will shine.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Is anyone else playing Daemon stealth?I have the mod that makes it unlimited if you don't attack. In objective capture and cells, it's almost always just 3 on 3 beating the crap out of each other. I tend to avoid the madness and use stealth to quietly take over the objectives, collect tons of cells and drop them mostly undetected. It means I fight less, but my objective scores are very high.

I don't know, maybe I should get down and dirty, but tbh, as I said, it's usually 3 players on each side in it to fight and 1 on each trying to play objective.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
Played a couple matches.

When your teammates are actually playing together it's a very fun time. Synergizing moves and actually playing towards the objective is fun. When everyone goes on their own it's less fun and you're pretty much guaranteed to lose everytime.

Also the hoverboard mechanic is weird. Takes to long to pop on it, and in the end makes no sense a lot of time. Most people see just move on feet around the map. They should of just put in a sprint mechanic to be honest.

In terms of the characters I like all of them for the most part, Some of the support characters could be a little bit better and honestly some of their abilities I feel could be buffed a bit but other than that I think their cool. The mods make me kind of nervous in the sense that some of them feel a little too powerful. People with certain mod loadouts can go crazy.

Overall it has a lot of potential, just worried with the need for teamwork there if people will latch on to it, we'll see.