• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, so don't sleep on this game people. I played it much earlier during the technical alpha, and it is so much better now. I just had a ton of fun playing some even with "randoms" because we followed the basics of trying to stay together and play your roles and such, but I will also play more later today with my 3 boys which should be fun. This is something different feeling to me, and I still love the crazy art and music of this one.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Game looks pretty decent but i think its pretty much DOA as a b2p title on the current market

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
The beta lacks much content, as expected, but I did enjoy it. I like the character design, their abilities, the whole objective-based concept and animations look really great. It's a super fun game and I hope they will offer a great ongoing support we see from other similar games. I could imagine playing this for hours after the rounds I had we, luckily, all won! I think having played other class/hero games is an advantage. It took a few minutes to get in the game but then it just worked.

Anyone else have issues completing the introductory quest? I did all everything but its stuck at "complete 1 match"
Me, too.

topchill

Oct 28, 2017
Fantastic game. I was initially skeptical due to how simple combat is and the overall skill level of the player base, but as we've all improved I've noticed just how strategic the game can be. I think they might've done the right thing by making it somewhat accessible for casuals, but tryhards will still dominate this game.

I'm having a TON of fun playing Cass, an underrated character for sure. I just had a 15/0 k/d game with her and the opposing (decent) team were totally stumped. I also like Kulev (Haitian Creole for "couleuvre", in turn French for "serpent")... a surprisingly strong damage dealer and healer. The characters really start to shine once you get a good set of mods equipped.

I think Ninja Theory have some work to do to improve player experience (UI, balancing, game cues, more dojo settings), but they're on the right track. I'm looking forward to release.

Rodan

Nov 3, 2017
I am really loving my time in this beta. I'm getting major King Fu Chaos vibes! Some thoughts so far:

As others have said, getting onto a hoverboard should be more seamless and faster. The movement speed on a board should be increased slightly.

I hope to see more characters incoming, although I think I'm a Kulev main, most of them don't "speak" to me. I love the character designs, animations, voice acting, etc.

I'd like to see the respawn timer shortened by like, half. It takes a while to get to the fight so why spend so much time in stasis?

I agree this would do better as F2P but I've got it on GamePass and I'd pay for it if I had to.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
This is the best team fight moba I've played. Just wish it had a full on moba mode with creeps. Some people are really annoying though. how do you not realize that running off alone gets you killed.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
I'm curious if incentivizing people to group up with something like bonus XP something similar would increase cooperation.

Maybe have a currency you gain exclusively through teamwork activities that has a ton of cool unlocks?

Oct 26, 2017
I only had time to play one game--but, I think this is pretty dang fun! The maps are really big, and my initial gut reaction is that a sprint could be nice, but I guess that's what the hoverboards are for. The gameplay's really scratching the itch that Gigantic left behind, which is game that I really liked. With it being on Game Pass and having cross play between Xbox and PC, I think this could have a good playerbase! I wish the best for this game--I'll be getting it for sure!

I'm really digging El Bastardo and Miko's gameplay, and I really dig the designs of all the characters, so I can see myself playing a lot of them.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Really enjoyed my time with the beta over this weekend. Mostly played Daemon, and did really well with him. His stealth is a really great tool, and I like how long it lasts. Allows you to do some really tricky things.

One thing I appreciated was that there is some nuance to combat. RT to reset an encounter and then dash back in to pick up a combo. Tapping X in the air will do an air combo while holding X will get you a slam down attack. That's been mad useful when getting the drop on enemies in power cell delivery rounds.

Spartan117-TR

Feb 26, 2019
Had a blast with beta especially with friends, this game is pure fun, so many matches we came from being almost defeated to beat them with smart play and adjusting our strategies. Felt soooo good.Only issue i had was framedrops even on Xbox One X.

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
When you are think about a game when not actually playing it you know it's doing something right. I'm bummed out I would get to play it till next beta or when the game releases.

It's way to early to say this and I know people don't like guest character begging but does anyone else think this game would be perfect for some guest stars? All I kept thinking whole time playing nidhogger was how great riggs from brutal legend would fit in.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I played 10 hours. Do we know if progress carries over to launch? I hope at least cosmetics unlocked do.

Game is awesome. I saw some on Reddit claiming the game doesn't have a skill gap, but I'm really not sure what they are even talking about. I had many close games and fights that came down to individual outplays or better teamwork.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I played 10 hours. Do we know if progress carries over to launch? I hope at least cosmetics unlocked do.

Game is awesome. I saw some on Reddit claiming the game doesn't have a skill gap, but I'm really not sure what they are even talking about. I had many close games and fights that came down to individual outplays or better teamwork.
Progress carries over.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
I had quite a few close matches, it really seems to come down to whether or not or team is willing to stick together. On a few occasions I would respawn, see all 3 of my team members are in different places, and feel entirely lost.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
Feels good, kind of reminds of maybe wow arena and Smite, but I doubt I'll play this much, somehow.

Oct 26, 2017
A couple of folks in here made concerns about the roster size, and I too hope that we see more characters in the roster before the game launches.

There are two games that come to mind; Gigantic and Anarchy Reigns, both similar style games to Bleeding Edge, and both of those games started with a 16 character roster. Right now, Bleeding Edge has 11 characters, with one more to be revealed currently. I hope the game can get 16 characters at launch—I think that would be ideal before future content updates.

It's way to early to say this and I know people don't like guest character begging but does anyone else think this game would be perfect for some guest stars? All I kept thinking whole time playing nidhogger was how great riggs from brutal legend would fit in.

I think characters from Anarchy Reigns would be perfect for this game. Put in Jack Cayman and Big Bull, for a DPS and a tank role, respectively. I can't think of who would be a good support...maybe Sasha.

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
not bad, not bad. I really don't expect this to review well and I think release will be very bare bones. I will 100% be playing it like a daemon but I hope microsoft and NT stick with and turning into a word of mouth master piece with a status like warframe.

I can not wait for the next beta.

bevishead

Jan 9, 2018
I played the beta for 2 - 3 hours. I thought the game was pretty boring, but I kept playing to get a good feel for many characters. I do like the theme, characters designs, and team play. I feel the game can and will improve with time.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Patch notes for the second beta.

"
Hey everyone!

The Bleeding Edge Beta is now available for pre-install on Xbox One, Windows 10, Steam and Xbox Game Pass. Make sure you have the Bleeding Edge Beta installed in time for the upcoming Closed Beta this weekend!

We've taken on board all the fantastic feedback you've given us since the last Closed Beta and are happy to share the latest patch notes for the latest version of the Bleeding Edge Beta. As always, we rely on your feedback to help us ensure Bleeding Edge is the best game it can be, we look forward to playing with the community over the weekend and reading what you have to say about the latest additions and updates to Bleeding Edge.

Performance

During beta 1 we're aware that some players had issues with stability, lag and frame drops. The team have been working hard on these issues as a priority, and many improvements have been implemented for beta 2.

Improved: game stability which should result in fewer crashes
Improved: networking which should result in less lag
Improved: optimisations which should result in fewer frame drops

Introductory Quest

Fixed: problem where completing 1 match would not register on the "Welcome to the Jungle" quest and unlock The Knife board.

Completing a match will now register for this Quest.

Leaver Penalty

Bleeding Edge is a competitive multiplayer fighter where working together as a team is vital if you wish to achieve victory, we understand how players quitting matches can be detrimental to your experience which is why we have been reviewing our leaver penalty system.

Quitting in the middle of a game counts as a loss, and you miss out on end game rewards. Additionally, quitters will incur a leaver penalty.

Players with an active leaver penalty prioritise matchmaking with other leavers and are more likely to backfill into games with missing players. This means by quitting a match before it finishes you are more likely to join other matches in progress, and less likely to join a match that has just started. You are also unable to earn rewards while the leaver penalty is active. Completing 3 matches clears the penalty.

Connecting to games in progress

Changes have been made to the UI in game to show players the progress of their team whilst they are connecting to a match. The screen will now show when:

• The game is looking for another player
  • Loading that player into game
  • That player is selecting their fighter

This applies to games which have just started and games where players have left or disconnected, and the game is searching for a replacement.

End Game Rewards Screen

Improved: end game reward screen. Players can now better understand how their performance in the match translates into end game rewards.
Added: Mod Parts as a reward for finishing a match.
Added: XP awards to bonuses, currency rewarded for levelling up both a player's profile and fighter are now shown.

Next Map System

Players are no longer forced back to the main menu after each game. When the count down in the rewards screen reaches 0, if enough players remain, they will automatically move into another match.
So, if you just had a good game - stick around for a rematch!

Audio

Added: In-game Music (Experimental)

• Due to popular request we've added systems for dynamic background music which will play during matches, this system is still a work in progress, and you can expect some bugs.
  • Your feedback is essential for helping us improve this system so please share your experiences with the in-game audio on the forums.
  • We are working hard to add more music tracks to the game.
  • This music can be adjusted via a slider in the options menu, moving this slider to 0 will remove dynamic in-game music but will not remove match start and match end music.

Impact sound effects have been revamped for a more clear and punchier experience.

Workshop

Added: the option to set your board customisation to all fighters.

Power Cells

Reduced: the number of power cells that spawn per group from 4 to 3.
Reduced: health of Power Cell containers so they break faster.

Fighters
Parry

We've given the parry mechanic a slight buff, since many players reported the payoff did not correspond to the difficulty of executing the move.

• Enemies are staggered for longer following a successful parry.
  • A successful parry generates ½ a bar of stamina.

We've also made the decision that only Fighters with an Evade ability can parry. This means Buttercup and Makutu cannot parry. The parry interfered with their unique defensive abilities, and since neither can be flinched by basic attacks, there is no clear benefit to them having it.

Makutu

Buffed: damage from barging enemy into a wall by 25%

Cass

Buffed: Rake damage increased by 10%.
Adjusted: default mod for extra damage and replaced it with extra health.
Fixed: bug where enemies behind walls could be hit by Daggerspray

Buttercup

NEW MOD: Defeat Device - Enemies affected by Oil Slick suffer -25% healing from all sources.

Maeve

Fixed: issue where healing negation from cage mod was not being correctly applied to modded and stacked damage.

Daemon

Fixed: BBoy dance vfx so they are interrupted when evading out of emote.

El Bastardo

Fixed: issue where El Bastardo could cancel Tornado with melee attack at the beginning of cast, without triggering the cooldown.

Options and UI
General

• Re-mapping ping system inputs now works as intended
  • Disabled ability to cancel matchmaking for non-host players in parties
  • Profanity filter is enabled by default in the options menu
  • Players can now enable or disable whispers properly via the options menu
PC

Adjusted: Lock-On default set to Toggle on PC
Added: option to switch languages via the options menu.
Updated: key bindings for KB+Mouse Ping System:

• ALT + G = Group Up
  • ALT + H = Help Me
  • ALT + S = Super Ready
  • ALT + Middle Mouse = Ping Current Target (also used as lock-on)
Thank you

Once again, a big thank you to everyone who participated in the last Closed Beta weekend and a big thank you to everyone will be joining us this weekend. Your continued support is what makes the Bleeding Edge community amazing.

We'll see you in game!"

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Only five hours left.

tenor.gif

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
I am ready to rumble! been salavating to play more since the last beta. see you guys on the battlefield.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

• The Bleeding Edge closed beta will also be available through the Project xCloud preview on Android phones and tablets

news.xbox.com

Final Bleeding Edge Beta Available Today With Xbox Game Pass - Xbox Wire

The final Bleeding Edge closed beta is upon us and kicks off later today and runs through March 16! If you’d like to get involved, you can pre-order on BleedingEdge.com or play with Xbox Game Pass. The Bleeding Edge closed beta will also be available through the Project xCloud preview on Android...