• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
had a thought discussing this with a friend... maaaybe the combat is at its barest bones because the character balance is nowhere near final and this is more to test network anyway? heres hopping :P

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
You can still watch the footage if you like and skip to the gameplay sections, as there is a lot of chatting and German in between :P

It's pretty cool to see this type of game with a focus on melee combat and different roles between tank, healing and ranged characters. BE seems to require teamplay and I think it will be easy to get lost in the action. Gameplay looks sweet though and you can see they're building this title on the foundations of DmC development. I also had some Smite vibes even though the two games are also fundamentally different at the same time.

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
downloaded, probably wont be able to play tonight, but i did run through the tutorial and dojo and...

is it just me or is this game overly simplistic and seemingly lacking in depth? theres basically no combo system (that i can tell) for melee characters and ranged characters are even worse with a simple spam of their shot on a locked on target. thats all? really? i know each character has their supers and cool down abilities, it looks like you can mix and match skills/abilities/perks with the mod system, but i expected a bit more of this than what is offered.

Seems like a lot of the depth will come from synergizing with your team.

Chippu

Oct 28, 2017
Netherlands
If anyone's interested, I received a friend invite today.

I'll be kindly borrowing Mcfrank's giveaway method: first person to quote this with a picture of a cute p̶u̶p̶p̶y̶ Sphynx kitten gets it.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
If anyone's interested, I received a friend invite today.

I'll be kindly borrowing Mcfrank's giveaway method: first person to quote this with a picture of a cute p̶u̶p̶p̶y̶ Sphynx kitten gets it.
adorable-hairless-sphynx-kittens-36-5cb83bbfcf79f__700.jpg

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Dev plays pretty good. Knows all the routes, places etc. Wich is logical offcourse.
Shame no sound. As i think the sound design and character banter is pretty good.
It just flows so well. Kinda wish they had tricks for the boards, just as a flourish etc. The animation is also great. Really looks nice as well. Interested to see if BE becomes a new thing and it heavily supported, or if it drops off.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Next playtest is on saturday instead of thursday. Extended play times also and a new map.

bevyj8k.jpg

Saturday 14th September
7pm-11pm BST
8pm-12am CEST
7pm-11pm EDT
4pm-8pm PDT

Andokuky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played a few matches today. Seemed fun. Idk how popular it will be. Loved the snake support dude.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So monthly tests now.

The play test this Saturday is also the final session in our series of weekly tests. What this means is that we have finished Phase 1 of our technical alpha, and we are now in a great position to move into Phase 2. In Phase 2 we will be running monthly tests, which gives us more time to hone Bleeding Edge and add more content between each test. The next test will be on Thursday October 24th, and stay tuned for further info!

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What are the general impressions?

Gameplay is pretty smooth but the game only really works if you have a good team, bad teammates means not only you lose, but you also don't do anything in the match basically because sticking together gives such enormous bonuses it's unreal. Balance seems all over the place now and I don't think the game has enough identity to stand out from the crowd, but it's technically solid so it's probably one big streamer away from being potentially a sleeper hit.

Oct 26, 2018
Gameplay is pretty smooth but the game only really works if you have a good team, bad teammates means not only you lose, but you also don't do anything in the match basically because sticking together gives such enormous bonuses it's unreal. Balance seems all over the place now and I don't think the game has enough identity to stand out from the crowd, but it's technically solid so it's probably one big streamer away from being potentially a sleeper hit.
That's why they're making it once a month now, to add more content

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

Hey everyone

We're thrilled to announce that Bleeding Edge will be playable on Windows 10 PC in the upcoming play test on October 24th!

The Win 10 version of Bleeding Edge will be available to download early next week provided you have been invited to the Bleeding Edge technical alpha. If you've been invited, you're good to go and can participate in future play tests on either an Xbox One console or a PC.

If you've already been participating in play tests on your Xbox One console but want to try out the PC experience, there's nothing stopping you! When Bleeding Edge for PC becomes available you can download the Insider app on your Windows 10 system and install the PC version of Bleeding Edge freely.

Make sure you sign into the Xbox Insider hub with the Xbox Live account which has been invited to the alpha. After signing in, you can download and install Bleeding Edge, play through the tutorials and try out the different fighters in the Dojo!

Bleeding Edge on PC will feature cross play with the Xbox One version of the game and includes controller support. This means both PC players and Xbox One players are participating in the same technical alpha.

PC users can only download the technical alpha version of Bleeding Edge through the Xbox Insider hub. This means your system will require Windows 10 in order to download the Insider hub app.

We're super excited to finally invite our PC players to join us in the Bleeding Edge technical alpha, and hope to see you all in game!

Take care everyone!

makutu.gif

nikasun :D

Oct 30, 2017
Didn't they switch to Saturday? Why on Thursday now? The only day I have something planned at the exact same time, haha.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Nice

Aside from PC, we are launching a brand-new feature – play against AI in the Dojo! The Dojo is a free play area where you can try out fighters and hone your skills when matchmaking is offline. You can also access our tutorials during times when the servers are offline.

So you can try that now.