• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Think about it. MS isn't doing anything else with a lot of these IPs. Since Killer Instinct has already played around with guests (and the story supports it), it wouldn't even be a stretch to give off more fan-service like this. Of course the entire game shouldn't become just guests, but I think there's a good line you can work with where you have veterans, newcomers, and guests as with any other fighting game out there.

ORf1ITFZBrgF7dqwO2dKrm-OPp8OGFcBc_nciKQIkAh0EXva7gd8jFeIvYkYX5-qmc3mhS4Bj73S9cF5LG6wXLX_c-zWI6e0Bw

Look at this dude, just hanging out in Xbox purgatory with nothing to do. You can easily spruce him up and redesign him to be a character that fits right into KI (Much like Rash received). In Blinx's particular case, his time powers would make for an interesting fighting moveset. Plus it'd be worth it alone for some of the possible music remixes

220px-Brute_Force_Coverart.png
220px-Azurikcover.jpg
220px-Gbtgntscboxart.jpg

Aside from Blinx, there's a treasure trove of characters just sitting in the bleachers that would be fun to see with a new coat of paint. Such as the cast from Brute Force, Azurik, or even Cooper just to name a few. It'd be a nice twist on what other fighters are currently doing.

TL;DR
What forgotten Xbox Characters would you like to see appear in a Killer Instinct 2?

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I love Blinx as a character, am I weird?

I'd want this to be a new franchise though. Not Killer Instinct.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Do we have any evidence, dubious or otherwise, that a KI 2 is in development? Honest question, as I'd be chuffed if they were making another one.

The Killer Instinct for the Xbox One was seriously underrated. I listened to the music for Thunder's stage on loop for weeks.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Joule from ReCore could be a decent character. She has a variety of different guns and robots at her disposal plus she's human so it's easy to give her a few martial arts moves.

Voodoo Vince has a better game than Blinx, he has more charm and he has jazz. I'd prefer Voodoo Vince 2 though.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Joanna Dark and the lizard dude from Brute Force I'd be all for. Also Arran from Nightcaster or one of the racers from Quantum Redshift would be cool.
I wouldn't mind them absorbing some of the cast of Kakuto Chojin, either.

That said, I do think that KI's strength was more its own unique character designs. I loved Sadira, ARIA, Hisako etc., those were all really cool characters. I kinda would love to see some sort of cloak and dagger/rapier fencing dude from like, renaissance Venice. That'd be so awesome.

PspLikeANut

Free
May 20, 2018
maxresdefault.jpg

Fusion Frenzy was Microsoft's mario party. Any of these fusion frenzy characters should suffice.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Voodoo Vince should also be in obviously

but what Killer Instinct: Xbox Nobodies Edition needs is a lil panache, it needs RHAMA SARBIER
kcfUooc.jpg

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
Hmmm... they should just release a Super Smash type of game with all Xbox characters. What Sony did with All - Star.

We need one for Xbox

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Obviously there is only one way to beat fighter megamix's Hornet, and that's with the boat from Bloodwake
220px-Blood_Wake_Coverart.png

Seriously underrated overlooked game

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I love blinx, but he don't fit with Killer Instinct

Like even a mecha Clippy fits more =P

and talking about mechs ..... the Blast Corps one fits like a GLOVE

lTIM9pg.png
0cXzqZf.png
hYq3Elg.png

That middle one is basically fulgore already

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've always thought you could make a compelling RPG of forgotten video game characters teaming up in order to be remembered again in a grand adventure.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm... they should just release a Super Smash type of game with all Xbox characters. What Sony did with All - Star.

We need one for Xbox

Problem with that is that Phil Spencer has always been vocally against the notion of a Xbox themed Smash game.

And considering how Sony's attempt at it turned out, it's not hard to see why. And honestly after how beautifully realized Banjo & Kazooie were in Smash Bros. Ultimate, the last thing I'd want to see is them shoved into some C-tier Smash copycat.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
blinx had a neuter infection and died on the way to his home planet. brute force lizard guy however quit his costco job and the lyft gig isn't working out, some hope there

Nov 1, 2017
I associate Sudeki lady with the Xbox brand thanks to it sitting on shelves at blockbuster forever.

Edit: Why is this rated so highly on Steam

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
Azurik should return next year in the wake of Avatar 2.

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
Problem with that is that Phil Spencer has always been vocally against the notion of a Xbox themed Smash game.

And considering how Sony's attempt at it turned out, it's not hard to see why. And honestly after how beautifully realized Banjo & Kazooie were in Smash Bros. Ultimate, the last thing I'd want to see is them shoved into some C-tier Smash copycat.
True true... but that article is from 2012. A lot has changed since then. Hell, even Phil himself has changed. So never say never.

I love All-Star and we just might get another one you never know.

I am still going to keep asking for it. Lol.

That and Fuzion Frenzy 3

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, plus Xbox has Killer Instinct, their own unique fighting game with it's own style.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020

It just doesn't really make sense for Xbox (or Sony for that matter). Nintendo has a lot of bright, cartoony characters that are essentially iconic "mascots" of their brand. Xbox and Sony obviously have some memorable, great characters - but not "mascots" in the same sense. And certainly not enough of them to populate a Smash-style game.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Blinx is not forgotten you pedestrian bastard
Blinx is my precious son

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
In the grand scheme of things, people don't care about these characters. Nobody at Evo would get hyped by Grabbed by the Ghoulies kid in KI.

Oct 25, 2017
Put Captain Won Ton, Lucy Cannon, and Monkey in it, pls.

I might be the only Kung Fu Chaos fan around these sites, come to think of it.