• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I usually know about the obscure xbox titles. But this is the first time i've heard of this one.
It's a slower paced action game. The big things I remember being talked about at that time were that it was one of the few Microsoft-produced japanese exclusives on the original Xbox and that some people that worked on FFIX worked on this one.

I remember seeing screenshots before release and thinking it looked pretty nice visually, playing a bit some years later it's seemed ok enough (didn't get very far though). Technically it's a first party game from what I understand.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ladies and Gentlemen, your next EVO champion:

The Dude from Sudeki.
I was so hyped for this game.

Phantom dust is the shit tho. To bad that remake never panne dout.

TooFriendly

Oct 30, 2017
I wish they did do this, just to get all these character design disasters in one place. It would be like a perfect storm of desperately cool.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
a Kinect fighter like the Hornet on Megamix

tumblr_nfdqv5isJi1r7sijxo2_500.gif
fuck it have all the characters be vehicles

Warthog and other Halo vehicles, Crimson Skies planes, Sea of Thieves ship, guest characters like the Crazy Taxi etc. Hell have the Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts vehicle essentially be a create-a-character

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
maxresdefault.jpg

RaĂŻkoh and the Crimson King, obviously. Otogi 2 is criminally underated and forgotten.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
If they're going to go that route, it should be characters that make sense and fit the bill of the game. Blinx certainly wouldn't. Nor would Banjo or Conker. Kameo is a good option as long as it saw her transforming into some of the her characters, like Pummelweed. Joanna and Master Chief could work. Maybe Cooper/Amber?

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
Azurik was the OG Xbox game I wanted most of all when I got mine, but I couldn't beat the second level (the fire one)

And Blinx the cat was freaking amazing

Rodan

Nov 3, 2017
Put Captain Won Ton, Lucy Cannon, and Monkey in it, pls.

I might be the only Kung Fu Chaos fan around these sites, come to think of it.
Monkey is a good choice, but as for the others you listed, I'd say Sho-Yu or Chop & Styx are more iconic from KFC.

Everyone wants a mascot fighter but a mascot racer is the way to go for MS

ShotyMcFat

Oct 29, 2017
I wanna see either Tartarus or Jack of Blades

or hell do something really interesting and do Mingy Jongo from banjo tooie

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
They need to re-release the Otogi games, they're still trapped on the OG Xbox.
Then they can include Raikoh in Killer Instinct. He would fit a LOT better than Blinx.
ZG58yLU.jpg

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I love the posts in this thread that are like "No these characters should be forgotten dont ruin killer instinct" as if this was a survey for an actual "Forgotten Xbox Characters Only" KI season and not a fun wrapper to talk about old forgotten xbox games

Strittles

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
While certainly not forgotten, Grunty is one of my biggest hopes for KI2. Keeping her cartoony design while making her grittier to fit into the KI art style like Rash would be really cool.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
-Joanna Dark from Perfect Dark
-Jack of Blades from Fable
-Reaver from Fable II-III
-Cortana from Halo
-Skorge from Gears
-Kaim from Lost Odyssey
-The Dark Queen from Battletoads
-Senua from Hellblade

Ideally I'd want two new KI games though:

Killer Instinct 4: Proper sequel with returning KI characters as well as few newcomers.
Killer Instinct X: Full-on crossover game with an all-star Xbox cast.

...but I'm going to be happy if we even get a sequel at all.

(Edit: I guess I just wrote my wishlist instead of thinking of actual forgotten characters. To be fair, I can't think of a lot of forgotten Xbox characters I'd like to see in Killer Instinct. I feel like most of the forgotten and abandoned ones would fit better in a mascot racer tbh.)

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Ahh azurik I remember choosing that as a free game along with something else and a free controller after they dropped the xboxs price not long after launch in the UK. I wish I chose something else lol

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Problem with that is that Phil Spencer has always been vocally against the notion of a Xbox themed Smash game.

And considering how Sony's attempt at it turned out, it's not hard to see why. And honestly after how beautifully realized Banjo & Kazooie were in Smash Bros. Ultimate, the last thing I'd want to see is them shoved into some C-tier Smash copycat.
The first company that drops smash to make hyper arcade wrestler with their characters wins me over

Kent

Jun 4, 2018
Nanashi/Edgar/Freia from would not only easily be able to fit in thematically, but the breadth of abilities in Phantom Dust could make for some really interesting gameplay styles for the purposes of Killer Instinct. Particularly with how unique every individual character already is in the game, there's precedent set for them doing some really fun and creative things with them. Kelly or Saburouta from Gunvalkyrie would be interesting, but as much as I love that game, it'd seem like a really odd pull for a KI character.

That said, the actual correct answer is Bottles, as he confirmed that he's going to star in Killer Instinct back in Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, Microsoft's well already dried up after the guests in KI. None of those characters are worthwhile digging back up.