• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shwing

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna repost this over here

-------------

So I just bought the Mega Man Legacy Collection for Steam and I was getting annoyed with using my Xbox 360 controller to play so I did a little research to see the best way to hook up my old controllers. I decided the bliss-box was the best solution.

bliss_box_4_play_controller_adapter_2.jpg

This is a driverless adapter that lets you use just about any controller all the way from Atari to PS2/GCN using custom HDMI connectors. You just need to buy the right adapter. Keep in mind this isn't a USB hub. The only USB connection is from the blissbox to the computer. It's able to use aspects of controllers that I haven't seen in other USB adapters, like VMU and Rumble compatibilty in Dreamcast controllers. I was surprised when it worked with my wireless RetroUSB NES controller.

It's a little pricey at $55 for just the base board and about $120 for a bundle with 18 cables, but you definitely get what you pay for.

This item isn't very well known, so I figures you guys deserved to know.

Here is their site of you want to check it out:

http://skunx7.wixsite.com/bliss-box

Ask me if you got any questions about it!

ReapZ

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like a nice product for those looking to get the classic controller feel on PC, would be great for emulation purposes.

OP
OP
Shwing

Shwing

Oct 25, 2017
It honestly is. I learned that it also completely supports the analog buttons in PS2 controllers. The cheap adapters definitely don't do that.

ReapZ

Oct 27, 2017
It honestly is. I learned that it also completely supports the analog buttons in PS2 controllers. The cheap adapters definitely don't do that.

Yeah that's honestly something I think has been forgotten about in other options, in fact I'd forgotten about it myself until just now, rarely used in some games but to great effect in others. I must break out my PS2 sometime..

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
This looks awesome. Kind of wish I still had a Nintendo MAX controller now.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What are the applications of the VMU support in Dreamcast controllers? It's awesome that it does that, but is there any software (ie, Dreamcast emulator) that does anything with it?

Agent X

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
I'm impressed with the scope of controllers that they're supporting. I saw the photo above showing Atari 2600 paddles and an Atari 5200 joystick (along with the NES and Saturn controllers, of course), so I figured it's good to see that it works with these types of controllers. (I already have a controller adapter called Stelladaptor which supports various Atari 2600 controllers, including the paddles.) The full list is very comprehensive, hitting nearly every major system released in the 20th century, and several less popular or niche systems as well.

OP
OP
Shwing

Shwing

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Jibby

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, so this would let me emulate the Dreamcast using an actual DC controller and have the VMU screen act as it would on real hardware?
I know DEMUL emulates the VMU in a separate window, but having it emulated on the actual controller? That's incredible!

OP
OP
Shwing

Shwing

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, so this would let me emulate the Dreamcast using an actual DC controller and have the VMU screen act as it would on real hardware?
I know DEMUL emulates the VMU in a separate window, but having it emulated on the actual controller? That's incredible!

Yup! I believe it works with NullDC.

OP
OP
Shwing

Shwing

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently this also works on the 360, One, and PS3! Might have to update my title. Looks like Xbox support is limited to one controller though.

Is it truly lagless? If so, my SNES HORI Fighting Commander is getting a new companion.

Yes it is a lagless adapter.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shwing

Shwing

Oct 25, 2017
Update: it looks like it's possible to use this on PS4 games that accept dinput over USB (typically fighting games). So if you wanna school your friends using one of these you can.

9JyVbjz.jpg

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018
4-Plays finally back in stock on Black Friday, I've ordered one now along with a 2 x DC cables, 1 x PS and 1 x Saturn. There should still be one left in stock on the site.

Has anyone had any luck getting the DC maracas to work with an emulator? If so, I probably would never boot up my beloved Dreamcast again to play Samba de Amigo.

OP
OP
Shwing

Shwing

Oct 25, 2017
Quite the bump! I haven't used mine in a bit, but I want to test out my GCN adapter sometime soon.

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018
Quite the bump! I haven't used mine in a bit, but I want to test out my GCN adapter sometime soon.

I backed the (failed) Kickstarter years ago and never ordered them when they first released for some reason. Also want to test out the DDR dance mats for Dreamcast (I have 3, anyone want 1? :P ) when it arrives.