• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Man... just watch these cinematics and tell me you wouldn't absolutely love a first-person coop shooter set in the Starcraft universe:

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I'll be interested in seeing what it ends up being.

For some reason, vehicles have always turned me off of multplayer in first person shooters, outside of a couple of exceptions (Battlefield 1943 and the first Battlefield Bad Company). I hated when they were introduced in Call of Duty 3, and much prefer no vehicles.

Deleted member 13506

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
The unannounced project is probably a WoW xpac which includes locked First-Person BGs with new siege vehicles. First-Person Perspective was popular in PUBG, so Blizz thought, why not WoW?

Oct 25, 2017
A Battlefield like game in the Starcraft universe makes so much sense it hurts. On the other hand a game starring the only decent Overwatch character, Soldier 76, would be hot.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe if there was potential that the games looked anything close to those cinematics
There is actually a non-trivial chance of this being the case. During the between-mission segments, Wings of Liberty looks like this:
b31XXQv.jpg

B60Io5E.jpg

And mind you, that's for a game that released in 2010. Legacy of the Void ups the ante noticeably from there:
FBipAji.jpg

YRF3NbM.jpg

Blizzard might not be well-known for stellar in-game visuals, but Starcraft games will likely always be their most bleeding-edge games in this regard.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Adding vehicles in some form to Overwatch or a new IP.

I really don't see how Overwatch 2 would work. It is a game-as-service. To build a proper sequel they would probably need a new engine. Look at WoW - do they made a sequel?

OP
OP
Nirolak

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Adding vehicles in some form to Overwatch or a new IP.

I really don't see how Overwatch 2 would work. It is a game-as-service. To build a proper sequel they would probably need a new engine. Look at WoW - do they made a sequel?
This is explicitly listed as a new project, not part of one of the existing teams, which each have their own sections.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

After learning about what Overwatch could have been, I want it even more lol. This game obviously wont be, but man would I kill for an Overwatch "campaign" mode.

Starcraft: Battlefield could work really well. Hope we get some Ghost missions if it is finally! That universe could work really well as a FPS online shooter.

Malovis

Oct 27, 2017
Probably will take a step further than Overwatch in terms of lootboxes. No buy from me in that case.

Calfirma

Oct 31, 2017
I kinda want this to be a Blizzworld VR game but man oh man Starcraft: Battlefield would be the shit. I cant imagine how they would make zerg play or how they could make big enough lobbies and whatnot that is typical of that kind of game.

Actually it'd be neat if it was like Battlefront and you could play as heroes and stuff like (these will be spelt wrong) Kerrigan and Dimitry for Zerg, Raynor and that other guy for Terrans, Zeratul and Anduin for the protoss.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
This game started development a while before PUBG came out.

The way Blizzard development works, that doesn't really disqualify anything.

It could have been mid-development for a year or more fumbling for an actual purpose when PUBG started to go huge, causing someone to point and say, "Let's do something like that, but competent."

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
I feel like it won't really resemble Overwatch's small scale and pick up and play style but rather something slightly more simy and large scale a la Battlefield so that they have people playing both rather than ditch one.

Maybe it will resemble Quake Wars a little bit, that was a pretty good attempt at something like a larger scale Enemy Territory.

Or maybe they'll surprise us with something completely different.

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
Please give me a story campaign not just online.
Yes, please.
I gave Overwatch with a shot and I still kinda regret the purchase even though they occasionally have PvE events for holidays. If this new thing doesn't have a campaign and is just another first-person PvP-fest in the long line of first-person PvP-fests, I'm out.

Carfo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope it's an RPG. I want a first person RPG from Blizzard sooooooooooo badly. I think "Titan" would have been an awesome game and I wish we had more information on what it was like

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
There is actually a non-trivial chance of this being the case. During the between-mission segments, Wings of Liberty looks like this:
b31XXQv.jpg

B60Io5E.jpg

And mind you, that's for a game that released in 2010. Legacy of the Void ups the ante noticeably from there:
FBipAji.jpg

YRF3NbM.jpg

Blizzard might not be well-known for stellar in-game visuals, but Starcraft games will likely always be their most bleeding-edge games in this regard.

Yeah ive played them, and the single static room between missions doesn't represent what an fps would look like at all :S
Overwatch looks great because of its stylized cartoony aesthetic which doesnt really work for SC.

ryllix

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
seems like they will be making a battle royals game. Should expect to see every dev jumping on this bandwagon