• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
I maintain my prediction that this is StarCraft: Battlefield as directed by Dustin Browder.

It case you haven't been following along, the game also features combat and seemingly lots of non-humanoid creatures.

The job postings also ask for first person or action game experience after mentioning it's a first person game.

SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER, GAMEPLAY, VEHICLES
Unannounced Project Irvine

Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented gameplay engineer to help create vehicles and build vehicle handling features in a robust first-person engine for an unannounced project. The ideal candidate has proven experience in vehicle handling, with exposure to other game systems like physics, animation, and cameras. They must have outstanding people skills and a longstanding passion for playing games across multiple genres and platforms.

Responsibilities

• Work closely with designers, artists, and other engineers to ensure a great player experience
  • Work with animators and technical artists to ensure a powerful and easy workflow
  • Collaborate with other members of the engineering team to build optimized, sustainable, and maintainable technologies and code
  • Serve as the bridge between our engine technology, game design, and art
  • Bring great ideas from inception to fruition
  • Champion Blizzard Entertainment's core values—especially "Gameplay First"
Requirements

• Extreme passion for playing and making games
  • Expert C++ programming skills
  • Expertise engineering highly-optimized networked vehicle physics and game systems
  • Comfortable defining models for motion and environment interaction
  • Demonstrable experience with real-time rigid body physics and dynamic forces
  • A minimum of five years' game programming experience
  • Demonstrable competency with data structures, logic, algorithms, and optimization
  • Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency with trigonometry and linear algebra
  • Must be comfortable working within and adding to an established code framework
  • Able to speak "Designer" and "Artist" fluently
  • Self-motivated and self-directing, knowledgeable about many areas of development, and willing to pitch in when needed
Pluses

• Proficiency with multi-threaded systems
  • Experience with the design and implementation of various game systems, including game object management, AI/pathing, gameplay scripting, FX, database management, user interface, or online networking
  • Experience shipping multiple game titles
  • Computer science or related degree
Source: https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/openings/ok8A6fwS

Last edited:

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
What if they took Rock n Roll racing and made made all the drivers popular Blizzard characters with appropriate vehicle designs?

OP
OP
Nirolak

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of surprised people would guess a racing game given it's first person while also being Blizzard.

The more accessible approach to that would seem to be third person.

Nov 1, 2017
qkjpLG8.jpg

this game but with starcraft shit would absolutely rule, do it blizzard

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
This is still the shooter, correct? And with one of the requirements being that the candidate has to be experienced with different camera [settings], I'm assuming it functions like Halo/Destiny where you get into a vehicle and you are in 3rd person.

Perhaps Blizzard sees an opportunity to create a game that draws some parallels to the Halo games?

EightBitNate

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I could see Blizzard coming in and completely wiping the floor with other battle royale type games, if they chose to.

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
Starcraft battlefield is something I never knew I wanted. You got my hopes up now, please don't be a battle royal game...

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wut ?
Damn. Blizzard is getting hot in terms of games. I have never seen Blizzard so active in terms of new games and content, ever.
2 new IPs in a duration of just 3 - 5 years.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
I don't think Blizzard is interested in a Battle Royale game, they don't really greenlight games that do not have esport potential. PUBG might have some portential but that style of game is unproven in that corner, which leaves me skeptical as to this Unannounced game being a Battle Royale.

But things also could have changed in the 8 months that PUBG took off.

Wut ?
Damn. Blizzard is getting hot in terms of games. I have never seen Blizzard so active in terms of new games and content, ever.
2 new IPs in a duration of just 3 - 5 years.

That dirty WoW money.

Bracus

Nov 11, 2017
Overwatch Dirt xD
I hope a mmofps, go blizzard we want an fps with a world like azeroth! Show them what is an open world!

Bonestorm

Oct 27, 2017
Be still my heart. Diablo 4 speculation is more exciting to me but anything Blizzard does I have no issue throwing money at.

Syf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
SC would translate real well as a shooter. The dream is that one person who mentioned a Renegade-like game but I doubt it unfortunately

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I think they're just doing that with Diablo 4 given they seem to want quite a bit of MMO experience on top of their regular requirements on that team.
my first reaction to this is negative but then i realized this means we might finally get pvp again

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
StarCraft: Battlefield actually sounds pretty neat the more I think about it.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I'm all over another FPP game from Blizzard from day zero, they absolutely knocked it out of the park with Overwatch. Something in a huge persistent online world that feels as amazing to control and play as Overwatch would be a dream come true.

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
All that comes to mind is WotLK, when they went hog wild with vehicles in WoW. Literally. That's when they introduced the mechanohog. It's probably nothing like that, though.