klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
Just saw this being reported. Nice. I hope more follow and that they make those companies treat them fairly.

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
Wow! It's really interesting that this is also only the QA department, but maybe this is how it all starts. I hope to see the same thing happen amongst QA departments all throughout ActiBlizz - it seems like they're notorious for treating their QA like crap.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Wow! It's really interesting that this is also only the QA department, but maybe this is how it all starts. I hope to see the same thing happen amongst QA departments all throughout ActiBlizz - it seems like they're notorious for treating their QA like crap.
Its QA (primarily manual QA) for basically every company games or otherwise. Underpaid and often thankless and overworked. It's prob Activision heavy rn because they've found some success with Raven not because Activision is an outlier

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale

Raven QA set the stage for this, Raven's union is Game Workers Alliance and this is Game Workers Alliance Albany so should expect more QA departments to use this. We're starting to see the dominoes fall because of Raven QA's success.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Awesome. VV/Blizzard Albany is one of the best devs, I know several people who work there who were fucking pissed about the allegations against Activision. This is a great first step.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Good for them, I really hope they succeed.

VV being rebranded as Blizzard Albany is fucking depressing, though.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
Awesome! Seeing as how a few of their current leadership worked their ways up from QA a decade ago I imagine they fully support the teams decision to unionize