• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They just keep digging this fucking hole deeper.

The statement was released on Weibo YESTERDAY, China's version of Twitter.

Last edited:

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm done with this company after 12 years of loyalty and respect towards them. Fucking get your shit together, Mike retiring has been a trainwreck one after another.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
we will always defend our right to harvest organs

Sincerest

Jan 22, 2018
They just keep on going. Not a good look.

Even some Blizzard employees aren't happy with this.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
"Pride" of China ?
Is there pride in using live ammo on protesters with umbrellas ?

Lain

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck off Blizzard you coward piece of shit of a company.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
This cannot be fucking real. I was 100% expecting a comment today but how the fuck could you only make it worse.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Not to defend blizzard but what do you expect them to say in a chinese social network

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
don't forget ethnic cleansing of the Muslim minority population.
oh hush and give me $5 for some overwatch lootboxes and your kidney and give me your right to free speech and your right to religion and also let me watch you everywhere you go also your social credit score just went down 90000 points for making a bad comment on the internet also give me your other kidney

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Not surprising really that the chinese Blizzard branch supports the chinese government. I want ot think that western Blizzard does not support it, but money is not allowing them to speak up. Be brave Blizzard, tell China to fuck off

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
My FB going wild over this right now.
Lots of Blizz folks with lots to say!

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
So this was a statement released by Blizzard....and they said "our country"....and Blizzard's HQ is based in the US. They have offices in Shanghai, but I'd argue that hardly counts. What the fuck Blizzard?

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
So this was a statement released by Blizzard....and they said "our country"....and Blizzard's HQ is based in the US. They have offices in Shanghai, but I'd argue that hardly counts. What the fuck Blizzard?
It's a statement on Weibo so it's coming from whoever's doing Chinese PR. It's kinda meaningless because there's really only one thing they could say, but the absence of any statement from the US side does say a bit on its own.

BeatnikGunso

Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's the Chinese version of blizzard saying this I'm not surprised it was the same with the nba it wasn't actually the nba saying it it was their Chinese broadcasting equivalent

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
The event happened in Taiwan too, so that's a double kick in the balls.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
No, no, stupid, you're supposed to dig up!
CzInoZBUcAUlyqQ.jpg

On topic, this is a depressing and confusing statement. Whoever's doing their PR there will hopefully get a load of shit for this.

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
This doesn't adress anything; it's just China speaking through another channel.
Activision Blizzard must respond to this directly.

Glasfrut

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The person who made the post is most likely chinese PR for Blizzard, that's why "pride of OUR country"

That's weird to me in the sense that PR should have no identity outside of the company, right? But I guess Chinese PR would play differently? Like, wouldn't this normally get someone fired (injecting a personal dimension to a statement)?

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are they digging their heels in? They can't be stupid enough to not see this blowing back at them.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
not to be that guy but this isnt new, this was the initial statement and its super creepy

the statement is new in the sense that no one thought to check Weibo to see what they said in response to the incident. This is what this post highlights.

yes they did, Bellular's video from yesterday had this exact statement for example

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
So Blizzard US are just gonna keep their mouths shut and let the Chinese branch just say whatever. Is internal communication even a thing...

What a clusterfuck.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
It's a statement on Weibo so it's coming from whoever's doing Chinese PR. It's kinda meaningless because there's really only one thing they could say, but the absence of any statement from the US side does say a bit on its own.
Yep.

This was obviously expected from the Chinese side. The fact that Blizzard HQ in the US hasn't acted to defend freedom of expression, of protest and of anything other than their interests in China is the disgusting act here.

Nationalism in China isn't exactly unheard of considering the alternative is "re-neducation".