• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
Fuggin OUF. Can already see the liberty prime memes blasting blizzard streams. Do wonder what some of the devs over at blizzard feel about this; would be awesome if they were to speak out against the companies actions.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
The person who made the post is most likely chinese PR for Blizzard, that's why "pride of OUR country"
Also it belies the lie that Blizzard aren't allowing political statements.

Anything anti China? Very bad. Anything Obviously nationalistic pro China? Totally neutral and fine.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They could have hid behind some dubious rule or some faux concern, instead they decided to double down on the siding with a bloody dictatorship. Good job Blizzard, I hope you lose a lot money over this stunt.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
It's just like the NBA they gave a different response to China than the usa. Obvious but still disappointing.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
This statement was released at the same time as the english statement yesterday. So the hole has been dug deeper this whole time!

FuuuUuuuuuUuuuuuk Blizzard.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fuggin OUF. Can already see the liberty prime memes blasting blizzard streams. Do wonder what some of the devs over at blizzard feel about this; would be awesome if they were to speak out against the companies actions.

🎵Feels like a good time for a union 🎵

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Who the fuck is in charge, and would say some shit like this?

Also, do they KNOW that their market is international and not just a country/state in the US?

Deleted member 12379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
gross blizz.

tried deleting my account this morning but both the SMS and Auth process failed and they want me to upload my ID instead? I'll try again tonight.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
I guess Blizzard can keep China since it's 'their country'.

I meanwhile, want nothing to do with them.

TheMilkman

Banned
Aug 30, 2019
Is this actually affecting their bottom line?

Edit: Thinking about it, it my be a little too soon to see the effects yet

Jenoss

Oct 26, 2017
China

it's the Chinese branch statement.

The topic really should be explained tbh. I mean, theres no defense for it of course, but as it stands its confusing and makes it look like NA Blizz said it, when they didnt. Again, not excusing it.
No matter which branch told that, this is a utterly propaganda shit.
Companies should be "OUT" from that political things

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Yeah fuck this. If Blizzard wants to prioritize the values of the Chinese government over those of freedom of expression, then they don't need my support.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
OP
OP

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
China

it's the Chinese branch statement.

The topic really should be explained tbh. I mean, theres no defense for it of course, but as it stands its confusing and makes it look like NA Blizz said it, when they didnt. Again, not excusing it.

Oh right, let me clarify.

Blizzard China said this while Blizzard North America hasn't said shit and actually I'm pretty sure Blizzard China and Blizzard North America are the same company with the same leadership who agreed to these separate practices of communication when it came to Hong Kong but hey that's just me.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Blizzcon is gonna be so fucking entertaining man, especially if they keep quiet on this as this'll be all people talk about

Jenoss

Oct 26, 2017
why are you telling me that? I specifically said this wasnt acceptable or excusing them, its just for clarity since in this very page people seem confused.

yup
Just i was trying to understand, why on heart a PR of a international company should say something like that (no matter which branch it's coming from) is just like putting more salt to the wounds..

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
No matter which branch told that, this is a utterly propaganda shit.
Companies should be "OUT" from that political things

Heh. This is how the Communist Party works. There is no "out" for a Chinese company. You help push the propaganda and you serve the state, or you die (sometimes only metaphorically).

Sooner the blinders come off for everyone the better. This is helping.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Just i was trying to understand, why on heart a PR of a international company should say something like that (no matter which branch it's coming from) is just like putting more salt to the wounds..
Playing to the audience. It's probably unlikely that this statement was ordered from anyone outside of China, and that office is just doing what they have to do to stay in the party's good graces so they can sell their wares.

Deleted member 82

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When you care more about money than human rights.

BlizzCon is going to be positively delectable this year.

For real. They're going to get so many sarcastic questions about this - as they should. This is going to be even more embarrassing for them than last year's "Is this an out-of-season April Fools joke?" and "Do you guys not have phones?" moments.

Or, alternatively, watch them mysteriously forego the Q&A session altogether for this edition.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
With Blizz's general suckiness over the past few years and now this, how long until key employees just start leaving? If youre a senior game dev there I imagine you could find a new job pretty damn quickly.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Oh right, let me clarify.

Blizzard China said this while Blizzard North America hasn't said shit and actually I'm pretty sure Blizzard China and Blizzard North America are the same company with the same leadership who agreed to these separate practices of communication when it came to Hong Kong but hey that's just me.

dude im not sure why youre being dickish about this, you have multiple people confused in this very thread, it's just for clarity's sake. Yes, it's fucking horrible whichever branch said it, but it IS different where it came from, if only because its expected coming from China. Hell you started the topic implying this is "hot off the presses Blizzard just doubled down on this!" when no, this is the statement they put out in China yesterday when it happened.

With Blizz's general suckiness over the past few years and now this, how long until key employees just start leaving? If youre a senior game dev there I imagine you could find a new job pretty damn quickly.