• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's unsurprising that Chinese Blizzard employees are saying this. Not only are many Chinese citizens so brainwashed that they actually believe their government's bullshit, even the ones who aren't need to at least pretend they are in public or else things might get dangerous for them. So yeah, I wouldn't blame whoever put out this statement at Blizzard China, I'd blame the head honchos in the US who aren't doing anything about this shitshow and are continuously trying to silence people instead of apologising and righting their fucking wrongs.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Blizzard China, you definitely win my respect, and I will always support your game.
This is my freedom of expression.

I am Chinese, who lives in Europe.
And due to this, I have access to the news from 2 sides, China media and Western media.
I wouldn't say all the news from China media is the truth, but I can definitely say the news from Western media about China is not always truth.
What happened in Hong Kong is a big mess.
Look at the destroyed shops, destroyed banks, destroyed public transportation and destroyed street.
Ordinary people's life is heavily affected and the economy will be negatively impacted. At the end, the people who will suffer from this is Hong Kong people.
Really hope Hong Kong government can put this into an end and Hong Kong can go back to its peaceful days.

I understand I will be the minor in Era. But I really think i need to defend my country, so many unfair criticism to my country.

And in the end, I welcome Era members to visit my country.
It is not as same as described on the western media.
We don't have Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, etc, but we have our own social networks and people living in China do not miss Facebook, Youtube, etc.
We have our free lives. Just come to our country and to experience it.
hope the boot taste good.

kingslunk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Blizzard China, you definitely win my respect, and I will always support your game.

And due to this, I have access to the news from 2 sides, China media and Western media.
I wouldn't say all the news from China media is the truth, but I can definitely say the news from Western media about China is not always truth.
Look at the destroyed shops, destroyed banks, destroyed public transportation and destroyed street.
Ordinary people's life is heavily affected and the economy will be negatively impacted. At the end, the people who will suffer from this is Hong Kong people.
Really hope Hong Kong government can put this into an end and Hong Kong can go back to its peaceful days.

I understand I will be the minor in Era. But I really think i need to defend my country, so many unfair criticism to my country.

We don't have Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, etc, but we have our own social networks and people living in China do not miss Facebook, Youtube, etc.

The Chinese government sucks. There's no unfair criticism in that.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the ethnic cleansing of the Uighur's. Unless of course, this is another western falsehood?

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I think I have my freedom of expression and immediately get personal attack.
Freedom of expression doesn't mean that you can just voice your opinion. It means that you can voice your opinion without the government arresting you for doing that. You can't do that in China. You don't have freedom of expression.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017

Some 1984 shit goddamn.

People will really just go belly up and throw people under the bus for nationalism, absolutely revolting.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
The funny thing is when we get the whataboutisms that the Governments of countries in the west are shit. Like yes we know this the difference is that we can freely criticise our Governments for the shitty things they do.

OP
OP

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Your post history suggests you're pro-China and based on this post where you are downplaying the issues Hong Kong has with China, I'm inclined to believe that you are very pro-China.

dudu0609

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The deal was also between the UK and China, the people of Hong Kong have had no say in this. I'm sure they would want it to be extended indefinitely.

A freedom you wouldn't have if you lived in China.

I don't know how to say.
If you have chance to pay a visit in China, you will see people living in free lives and in recent years, there are many foreigners like living in China.
Check on Youtube, there are many Youtubers showing their lives in China.
I believe you will like China if you pay a visit.
Thanks a lot!

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Admittedly, I don't own BFV, but I will test the chat filter in BF1 assuming they use the same automatic chat filter.

From your posts, can we infer that it would be "weird" for you to censor things like Tiananmen Square massacre and liberate Hong Kong?

I don't think BF1 has a chat filter. Not that I remember at least.

For me personally everything is weird as I don't generally like any chat filters in any games, although I do play with the chat disabled on PC as that keeps my sanity on a higher level (although this can be said for most games). :D

Meatfist

Oct 25, 2017

Imagine licking the boot of a government that practices ethnic cleansing and organ harvesting

mangopositive

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017

I too would like extremely short wait times for Uighur organs!

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

So are the stories about the horrible treatments done to prisoners in concentration camps, torture, organ harvesting, rape and cut-open abortions fake news?

Please feel free to express yourself on that as well.

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
No doubt but they don't have any leverage to use against China.

True, but I'm sure the UK (if they sort out their own mess) and other major countries will get very interested in Hong Kong again by 2047, worryingly as that is the kind of thing that starts wars.

I don't know how to say.
If you have chance to pay a visit in China, you will see people living in free lives and in recent years, there are many foreigners like living in China.
Thanks a lot!

Oh I'm sure I would be free, until I criticise the Chinese Government.

Also none of what we are saying is an attack on the people of China, I'm sure most are just normal people going about their daily business.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how to say.
Thanks a lot!

Try criticizing the Chinese government while you are there.

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA

Saying this while living in Europe makes you a hypocrite. Blitzchung is a hero.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017

Nationalism is a hell of a thing. I know it's hard but you gotta take the blinders off man and one day see the truth of things.

OP
OP

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how to say.
Thanks a lot!

Okay but I can't fucking protest in China without being taken to a fucking secret prison.

I can't mention the 1989 Tianamen Square massacre and there are videos on YouTube of people who either don't know about them or REFUSE to talk about them.

Tell me why they harvest organs on live people? Why do they massacre the Muslim minority groups? Why do they kidnap Hong Kong book keepers?

Fuck off from my thread if you can't answer any of these genuinely. I've no time for this dog shit apologist bullshit.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Well, I think I have my freedom of expression and immediately get personal attack.

When your freedom of expression is defending a hateful regime that tortures and harvests organs from minories while slowly removing every and all freedoms the general population has then ya you are going to be attacked.

Defend any kind of hate and you will get hate.

kingslunk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how to say.
Thanks a lot!

We're not criticizing the Chinese people or Chinese culture. We're criticizing the authoritarian dictatorship who are committing crimes against humanity.

dudu0609

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Your post history suggests you're pro-China and based on this post where you are downplaying the issues Hong Kong has with China, I'm inclined to believe that you are very pro-China.

I am Chinese, so of course I am pro-China.
I tried to keep my mouth shut since Hong Kong issue, even my European colleagues sometime ask me what happened in Hong Kong.
I always say no comments because I understand whatever I try to say, they already believed all the news from TV and newspaper in local media.
My defend will be very pointless.

I would say I am very against violence. Look at Hong Kong now, the violence is increasing and out of control.

leon9506

Aug 31, 2018
User Banned (1 Month): Denying the existence of an oppressive regime and atrocities over a series of posts
Fuck Blizzard. Hong Kong people has benefitted from a democratic rule when the other billion Chinese were under oppressive regimes for a century. They are NOT one country.
Hong Kong had democracy after 1997 and no, chinese people are not under oppressive regimes.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
For many years now I've wondered why people visit China as tourists and why businesses are willing to do business with a dictatorship leadership at the helm. I would honestly never feel completely safe in a country like that, and I'd never feel good spending my money there.

We're not criticizing the Chinese people or Chinese culture. We're criticizing the authoritarian dictatorship who are committing crimes against humanity.
Exactly this.

Hong Kong had democracy after 1997 and no, chinese people are not under oppressive regimes.
You have a lot to learn about China if you believe the country is not ruled by a oppressive regime.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think BF1 has a chat filter. Not that I remember at least.

For me personally everything is weird as I don't generally like any chat filters in any games, although I do play with the chat disabled on PC as that keeps my sanity on a higher level (although this can be said for most games). :D
I meant, given your DICE developer flair, would it be weird for DICE to censor things like Tiananmen square massacre or liberate Hong Kong? It seemed like that's what you were implying by telling us to report it on the forums or website.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
I am Chinese, so of course I am pro-China.
I tried to keep my mouth shut since Hong Kong issue, even my European colleagues sometime ask me what happened in Hong Kong.
I always say no comments because I understand whatever I try to say, they already believed all the news from TV and newspaper in local media.
My defend will be very pointless.

I would say I am very against violence. Look at Hong Kong now, the violence is increasing and out of control.
you don't fool anyone.
we know what you really think about the issue, the fact that you stan for a totalitarian regime speaks volumes, and all from the secuirity of your European house/job, you are pathetic.

and the fact that you are chinese doesn't mean you have to stan for you totalitarian regime, you shit on all the people who have fought for freedom and a better future, fuck off.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Sorry, how did the Chinese revolution went then?

Snark remark aside, right of manifestation should be preserved in every country. I don't support violence, but this is how manifestations goes everywhere around the world, working rights wasn't accomplished by being nice to power.

Scerick

Oct 29, 2017
I don't know how to say.
Thanks a lot!

This can't be a real account right? Like this must be satire.

leon9506

Aug 31, 2018
For many years now I've wondered why people visit China as tourists and why businesses are willing to do business with a dictatorship leadership at the helm. I would honestly never feel completely safe in a country like that, and I'd never feel good spending my money there.

Exactly this.

You have a lot to learn about China if you believe the country is not ruled by a oppressive regime.
i'm chinese and I believe I know a lot more about china than you

dudu0609

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Exactly as I expected after my post.
I will quit from this tread.
Feel sad it is too one-sided opinion in this forum and my defending of my country seems like a guilty.

I don't want to attack anyone.

In the end, I want to express China is great and beautiful country and we are welcoming people to our country.
And I do hope Hong Kong can go back to its peaceful days.

Thanks a lot~!