• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017
Trump? Not happening, he's with China in this situation apparently. I forgot which of his many tweets or whatever it was, but it seems like he's not for Democracy in Hong Kong.

Trump gave the undertaking to his Chinese counterpart, Xi Jinping, in a phone call in June, according to CNN.
Things changed a lot since June.
And i know what am i saying, i'm living in Hong Kong since born and still living there right now.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
1989 is a big big big mistake by our government and I don't like how our government trying to bury it in the history book.
It is not a right thing and our country was get sanctioned.

I admit that 1989 is not that allowed to be discussed in China.

I think I am trying to make it very clear, please do NOT dislike China.
Our country is a great country.
Dude it's OK to dislike or even hate a government - even your own government - while still loving the people and the land.
I think you need to try and put your nationalism aside, try to read up on what the Chinese government has done from good, proven unbiased sources and form your own opinion without bias.

dudu0609

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And can you speak on whether or not you support the ethnic cleansing of the Muslim minority groups in China, including the harvesting of their Organs while they are still alive? Can you talk about that in China, or no?

My country media denied it and the media I saw in Europe report it.
I don't know how to comment on it. Really.
I never been to Xin Jiang. I have no contact with people living there.
if it is the truth, then it is a big mistake and would not be allowed.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
1989 is a big big big mistake by our government and I don't like how our government trying to bury it in the history book.

In Taiwan I can research and publish anything I want, and then go and disseminate it to whomever I choose, even if it calls the KMT a bunch of idiot fascists, calls for protests directly in front of the legislative Yuan, or tells airhead fuerdai to fuck off back to whatever Tier 1 city their parents got rich in.

No one wants to dislike China, but I'm not sure the CCP particularly cares if anyone likes them, either. You want to be thought of as "great," then start acting great, and demand it from your leadership. In any case, I rather like not being in that country at the present.

Pragmatist

May 30, 2019

Man, listen to yourself; you sound like a great example of systematic brainwashing at work. You're not doing yourself any favours by pandering to an almost universally and rightfully reviled country. And this is coming from another Chinese person. So not ALL of us are pro China. In fact, I'm willing to bet it's most vocal opponents and critics are Chinese.

TheJackdog

Oct 27, 2017

your country and people probably are, but you are controlled by an outrageously totalitarian with an obscene record of human rights violations. Nobody on this forum dislikes china. Your government can get fucked.

dudu0609

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dude it's OK to dislike or even hate a government - even your own government - while still loving the people and the land.
I think you need to try and put your nationalism aside, try to read up on what the Chinese government has done from good, proven unbiased sources and form your own opinion without bias.

Yup, I admit that I am a bit of nationalism and thank you not directly attacking me like many others.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Surely people don't have issues with you people or your culture, just with your government. I'm sure China is full of wonderful people.

datbapple

Banned
Nov 19, 2017
that shit is digusting. the nerve of an american company giving a flying fuck about what china thinks because it hurts their feelings. repressive ass country.

OP
OP

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Thank you for responding. Can you expand on what it means to not be allowed? Do you mean it cannot be discussed?

additionally, do you think it is right for the government to censor topics and attempt to cut short the one country two systems that Hong Kong operates under?

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017

but you seem to know all about 1989 and the chinese government's attempt to cover that up. so what's more likely? everywhere else in the world creating a fictional situation where millions of people are held in concentration camps or the chinese government trying to cover up something again?

zoltek

Oct 25, 2017
Guys stop it. You are arguing with clear Chinese propagandists who are either trolling you, paid officials, or native Chinese who have no choice but to support their country at the risk of (pick your poison). You will get no meaningful dialogue from continuing probing with what you think are insightful questions. Just ignore them and they will go away.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
I must reply this.
I don't know how people think we are being paid to defend our country.

I am proud of my country from my deep heart and I am defending my country by my own motivation.

Thanks a lot~!

No you are defending your disgrace of a government.
Away and continue to fucking ham shank over Pooh Bear and stop posting, unless you have some valuable to add like actually answering questions people are asking you.

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Guys stop it. You are arguing with clear Chinese propagandists who are either trolling you, paid officials, or native Chinese who have no choice but to support their country at the risk of (pick your poison). You will get no meaningful dialogue from continuing probing with what you think are insightful questions. Just ignore them and they will go away.
This. Nothing we say will change their minds

Pragmatist

May 30, 2019
Yeah, it's pretty blatant unfortunately.

Neithardt

Banned
May 22, 2019
Government is totally different from citizens. Almost all the Americans, Russian's and Iranians I've met are some of the nicest people I've been around. We're not angry at you personally Dudu or your country. It's the government and the atrocities they're responsible for that we have an issue with.

OP
OP

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I disagree. Even if they are nationalistic, I would like to know more and understand where they are coming from when they say what they say. Better to be informed than to not to be. Thank you for your concern though.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
I must reply this.
I don't know how people think we are being paid to defend our country.

I am proud of my country from my deep heart and I am defending my country by my own motivation.

Thanks a lot~!
I read that in China, in a car accident, they would rather kill the victim because the punishment they get if victim is alive is costlier.

Yep truly a great country to be proud of.

BLASTEROID

Oct 25, 2017
It sure has been a good couple of years for video game studios, publishers, and e-sports tournaments bending to the will of Chinese nationalism.

Lot of interesting stuff happened with DOTA2 semi-recently as well, Valve handled that situation MUCH worse than Blizzard is handling this one.

In Blizzard's case, at least they had a pre-written policy to hide behind.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
It sure has been a good couple of years for video game studios, publishers, and e-sports tournaments bending to the will of Chinese nationalism.

Lot of interesting stuff happened with DOTA2 semi-recently as well, Valve handled that situation MUCH worse than Blizzard is handling this one.

In Blizzard's case, at least they had a pre-written policy to hide behind.

what was with dota 2? was it during ti?

zoltek

Oct 25, 2017
I disagree. Even if they are nationalistic, I would like to know more and understand where they are coming from when they say what they say. Better to be informed than to not to be. Thank you for your concern though.
You are learning nothing of truth though! You would gain more insight into Chinese culture by having a one-sided discussion with a toilet at Panda Express than you would interacting with these folks who are clearly not demonstrating any good faith in their discussion. Whether it's clear malicious intent on their part or a symptom of brainwashing, you are not getting what you think you are out of this. Listen, whatever floats your boat dude. It's YOUR thread, as you have steadfastly made very clear, but you are wasting your time. You're welcome.

dudu0609

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thank you for responding. Can you expand on what it means to not be allowed? Do you mean it cannot be discussed?

additionally, do you think it is right for the government to censor topics and attempt to cut short the one country two systems that Hong Kong operates under?

I mean harvest organ should be never allowed.

For Hong Kong, the issue of one country - two system policy is
Our government says it must be firstly one country and then 2 systems.
But part of Hong Kong people would say it must be 2 systems firstly and then one country.

The gap between 2 parties is getting bigger and bigger.

Patch13

Oct 27, 2017
New England
One piece of this story that I'd like clarified: did the ban come from Blizzard's offices in China? Or was it issued from an office in the States or Europe?

Because those are kind of two different things. I don't think that Blitzchung should have been banned, but I'm sitting in a comfy chair in a country with laws protecting free speech. I'm not sure how much moral outrage I can muster about somebody in China making a hard decision between banning a player and facing arrest themselves. (The "right" decision is to risk arrest, of course, but I'm not sure that I'd be brave enough to make the right decision, were I to be the one in that situation.)

From a global perspective, the higher ups at Blizzard in the states have to consider the safety of their employees in China when deciding whether or not to uphold a ban that they instituted. I'm not sure if it counts as moral courage to order somebody to do something that will get them arrested, when you yourself aren't taking a similar risk.

Of course, there's a lot of money at stake here, and there are cynical reasons that Blizzard would have issued and upheld the ban. But I'm not sure that the conversation here contains a lot of respect for the actual people involved in Blizzard's China offices.

And all that is leaving aside the tricky issue of Hong Kong being semi-independent as a legacy of British colonialism; China isn't entirely in the wrong here in its base claims ... though the protesters in Hong Kong aren't exactly wrong to want to preserve the Independence that they have. Oof.

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
At what point is it appropriate to compare the Chinese government to the Nazis? When they are spreading their vile Ultranationalist propaganda? When they are coaxing foreign students into fighting anyone who criticises the Chinese government? When they begin expressing support of other nationalist/fascist governments? Or when they abduct and slaughter Muslims and harvest their fucking organs?

Xi Jinping is a Winnie the Pooh fascist running a Nazi government and I feel for any person, Chinese or otherwise, caught up in all this monstrous evil

Tankette

Oct 30, 2017

I'm a Chinese American; I take the Mid-Autumn Festival and the Lunar New Year more fucking seriously than Thanksgiving and New Year's Day.

And yet I'll be more than happy to call Xitler Winney the Pooh and call out the CCP for committing cultural genocide (and probable actual genocide) on its minorities.

Stop equating the CCP with China: it's fucking disrespectful to our culture.

dudu0609

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Dismissing concerns of human rights abuses over multiple posts.

Dear Hobbes,

Thank you for allowing me to put my opinions in your thread, even it is not a welcomed one.
Not sure if you have more questions.
Perhaps it is time for me to quit because so many attacks towards me.
If you want to know more about my country, you can directly send me a message. I think this forum has this function.
And it is 19:04 in where I live and I need to have my dinner.
And I hope my posts did not destroy your thread.

Once again, thank you very much!

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
One piece of this story that I'd like clarified: did the ban come from Blizzard's offices in China? Or was it issued from an office in the States or Europe?

Because those are kind of two different things. I don't think that Blitzchung should have been banned, but I'm sitting in a comfy chair in a country with laws protecting free speech. I'm not sure how much moral outrage I can muster about somebody in China making a hard decision between banning a player and facing arrest themselves. (The "right" decision is to risk arrest, of course, but I'm not sure that I'd be brave enough to make the right decision, were I to be the one in that situation.)

From a global perspective, the higher ups at Blizzard in the states have to consider the safety of their employees in China when deciding whether or not to uphold a ban that they instituted. I'm not sure if it counts as moral courage to order somebody to do something that will get them arrested, when you yourself aren't taking a similar risk.

Of course, there's a lot of money at stake here, and there are cynical reasons that Blizzard would have issued and upheld the ban. But I'm not sure that the conversation here contains a lot of respect for the actual people involved in Blizzard's China offices.

And all that is leaving aside the tricky issue of Hong Kong being semi-independent as a legacy of British colonialism; China isn't entirely in the wrong here in its base claims ... though the protesters in Hong Kong aren't exactly wrong to want to preserve the Independence that they have. Oof.

what do you make of it?

OP
OP

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dear Hobbes,

Thank you for allowing me to put my opinions in your thread, even it is not a welcomed one.
Not sure if you have more questions.
Perhaps it is time for me to quit because so many attacks towards me.
If you want to know more about my country, you can directly send me a message. I think this forum has this function.
And it is 19:04 in where I live and I need to have my dinner.
And I hope my posts did not destroy your thread.

Once again, thank you very much!
Thank you for coming back into the thread to answer some of my questions, despite the fact that I think the way you expressed your beliefs to be extremely harmful and potentially violent towards the people of Hong Kong. If I have further questions, I will ask you via DM.

Obligatory Fuck Blizzard, Free Hong Kong.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wish everyone would boycott them, I'm not getting my hopes though because everyone is addicted to WoW and overwatch, 95% of people playing those games don't care. I wish they would care though

I would love to see wow subs drop below 1 million

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for coming back into the thread to answer some of my questions, despite the fact that I think the way you expressed your beliefs to be extremely harmful and potentially violent towards the people of Hong Kong. If I have further questions, I will ask you via DM.

Obligatory Fuck Blizzard, Free Hong Kong.

I'm not sure why you're bothering with him. He's been spreading that same nonsense here on the forum for years. Here are some from 2017 where he blatantly says that western media are lying about China :

I am Chinese living in Europe. Every time when I watch the news that China is a threat to the world reported by CNN, BBC, etc., I feel sick.
China didn't use excuses to invade other countries;
China didn't create mess in other countries;
China didn't build big military plant in other countries;
China didn't send their troops to EU and NA/SA.

You may not like our political system, but please respect it.

China is not a threat to the world. We are just doing our best to grow and to be strong.

I always think US/UK is afraid to recognize the world is changing. Why China has to follow US/UK? If we can surpass them, then we will do it.

BTW, I do wish many members of this forum can visit China some days in the future. You need to see our countries by yourselves.
Please do NOT brain washed by BBC, CNN, NBC, WSJ, etc.

Tibet was part of our countries in few old dynasties, in Republic of China and then part of People's republic of China.
Please go to watch the documentary describing how was the life in Tibet in the past.
The people there were like slaves for the monks.

Don't want to go such deeper for this kind of topics.
I know western world always have different view about Tibet, Xinjiang and even Taiwan. I respect it.

Edit:
Will quit from this tread. I just realized how big influence the western medias' stories about China on people.
I would suggest people go to China to look by yourselves.
We have nice food, beautiful places, friendly people. You are always welcomed.

It seems like we Chinese people living in a terrible country like hell. Poor us.
The western media really do a good job to paint a hell picture of China.
I do suggest come to our country and experience it. It is different.

Did I ever say we don't have any issue?
Every country has their issues. I don't think I ever deny it.
My point of view: please DON'T fully trust the stories made by western medias. They are not neutral at all.
My suggestion: Visit our country in one day. You will see how people live in my country by yourselves, good or bad, wealth or poor, bright or dark. And then you can have your view and opinions more close to the fact.

Thank you for being such honest saying you hate China.
This kind of hate makes us Chinese people want to be more stronger and more independent. Following the order from Western countries never be an option for us.
And you can hate China government, but no need to hate China [the beautiful land] and us Chinese.

OP
OP

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure why you're bothering with him. He's been spreading that same nonsense here on the forum for years. Here are some from 2017 where he blatantly says that western media are lying about China :

Just because I disagree entirely with pretty much everything he has said, I will always seek to understand why people think the way that they do rather than just blatantly ignoring it. It's not going to convince me China's government isn't oppressive and doesn't kill people that speak out against it, but it will help me understand why people champion the government and that in turn allows me to be better informed and better argue my points.

But seriously. Fuck China and fuck blizzard and free Hong Kong.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
That's the thing -- it's unclear where that is coming from. It's very corporate, and doesn't have anybody taking point on responsibility, which means that we have no idea who reviewed the ban, what sort of internal discussions are taking place, etc.

it got posted to blizzard's official site. the guy heading the whole hearthstone grandmasters is sam braithwaite who works out of irvine. there's zero chance this whole thing was done by blizzard's china office and flew under the radar of anyone in the main office. at the end of the day it falls on blizzard.