• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I expect 0 shots of the audience at any point during presentations and 0 livestreamed Q&A.
I wouldn't be shocked if a large % of people who are going to actually attend after all this don't give a fuck and even if half do they will have answers in place (assuming they don't backtrack before). Mute crowds, pipe in their own positive cheers and have stand in's ask questions. And no shots at audience.

But that's assuming people there outside a select few even give a shit. Those few can be quickly silenced and removed. Hopefully i am wrong, hopefully a large % do care and are rowdy as fuck but it think what's more effective is if nobody showed up to blizzcon but that won't happen.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I hope Blizzcon is an unmitigated disaster. I wanna see Free Hong Kong signs everywhere. I want Blizz to be publicly shamed and embarrassed for this bullshit.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
It is one county, China, Hong Kong is in China, please at least get the basics right.
Stop woth your imperialistic propaganda. San Marino and the Vatican are in Italy, but they have chosen not to be italian and everyone is fine with it.

1989 is a big big big mistake by our government and I don't like how our government trying to bury it in the history book.
It is not a right thing and our country was get sanctioned.

I admit that 1989 is not that allowed to be discussed in China.

I think I am trying to make it very clear, please do NOT dislike China.
Our country is a great country.
This may blow your mind, BUT

CHINA ≠ CHINESE GOVERNMENT ≠ CHINESE PEOPLE

Posters here are ciriticizing the Chinese Government. Not the people, not the nation, not the region. The. Chinese. Government.

OF COURSE, China news will try to say the Hong Kong protestors are all punks and criminal. But like they had tried to bury Tien Ang Men in 1989 before, and only God knows how many other atrocities.

I mean, I guess the lack of free elections in Chinese history has led people to strongly indetify the three things above. But they are not the same.

It's the sign of a free country when you are free to criticize your government.

This can't be a real account right? Like this must be satire.
I saw youtube where every american lives ina villa and has a SUV and Lamborghini.
America must be like that, right?

/s

Last edited:

DiscoThunder

May 7, 2019
eazev1b7llr31.png

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Stop woth your imperialistic propaganda. San Marino and the Vatican are in Italy, but they have chosen not to be italian and everyone is fine with it.

Hong Kong is not an independent country, never has been.

I don't know why people keep thinking they are.

This entire protest is not about Hong Kong fighting to become an independent country, not a single one of their five demands is about that.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hong Kong is not an independent country, never has been.

I don't know why people keep thinking they are.

This entire protest is not about Hong Kong fighting to become an independent country, not a single one of their five demands is about that.
Which unfortunately leads to people making it look like they're talking on issues they know nothing about, which leads mainland Chinese that see this stuff to think that somehow they have perfect information and nobody outside can, and continue to live in a bubble. Whole situation sucks.

It's also one of the more mind boggling aspects of the whole thing - like, Hong Kong is going to return FULLY to Chinese law and rule within the next 25 years anyway unless I misunderstand everything, so it's especially shitty that China has this much of a hardon for stomping their rights out early.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Which unfortunately leads to people making it look like they're talking on issues they know nothing about, which leads mainland Chinese that see this stuff to think that somehow they have perfect information and nobody outside can, and continue to live in a bubble. Whole situation sucks.

It's also one of the more mind boggling aspects of the whole thing - like, Hong Kong is going to return FULLY to Chinese law and rule within the next 25 years anyway unless I misunderstand everything, so it's especially shitty that China has this much of a hardon for stomping their rights out early.

No you're right, the deal is up till 2047 and China is trying to pull a fast one right now.

But that still means that come 2047 Hong Kong will be fully absorbed into China.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
It's understandable why it can easily be misinterpreted as a revolution for independence when many of us live in countries with history of that and when Blitzchung's words translate to 'liberate Hong Kong, revolution of our age' as given by news sites. Regardless, I'm not sure how 'they don't actually want independence' invalidates support of the Hong Kong protestors or the attention that this has now garnered internationally. At all. And for that matter, the big fish to fry here is Blizzard, an american company, for going directly against the basic rights espoused in our constitution in a public display to appease another country's authoritarian regime because they value profits more than the upholding of said values, humiliating not only our national image further than what it already is but also demonstrating how enthralled they are to an outside power.