• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Syf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/openings/oNiH7fwD
We're working on a new, unannounced Diablo project.

It's been speculated on before based on previous job postings, but I believe this is the first time they've come right out and officially said it's a new project. The description to me sounds like a new game and not a remaster.

Also worth noting is a new Diablo pet was datamined from a Battle for Azeroth build. It's likely a cross-promotion involving the new project, and the fact that it's already in a BfA build could mean there's an announcement coming later this year.

Pet: http://bfa.wowhead.com/item=162578/baals-darksign#modelviewer:10+0

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
They also shifted all the existing job postings from "Diablo" to "Unannounced Project" to make it harder to glean info about their other unannounced games that are less obvious. Sneaky.

They've been doing this since 2016 btw:

7RC7MbX.png

Last edited:

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Diablo 4 for PS4 and Xbox One
Diablo Trilogy for the Switch

PLEASE?

Lord of Destruction on the go is too delicious to pass up

Scion

Oct 27, 2017
I hope a future project for Diablo falls more in line tonally with the older games rather than 3, but I just think my love for this series is over. I'll reserve judgment until they show something, but it's hard for me to get excited after how disappointing Diablo 3 was. Odd though, getting a Blizzard announcement like this.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/openings/oNiH7fwD

It's been speculated on before based on previous job postings, but I believe this is the first time they've come right out and officially said it's a new project. The description to me sounds like a new game and not a remaster.

Also worth noting is a new Diablo pet was datamined from a Battle for Azeroth build. It's likely a cross-promotion involving the new project, and the fact that it's already in a BfA build could mean there's an announcement coming later this year.

Pet: http://bfa.wowhead.com/item=162578/baals-darksign#modelviewer:10+0

Could be the annual Diablo anniversary event, but given Blizzard's style of releases: Diablo X gets announced, available to preorder, preorder the digital collector's edition and get the pet. Doubt it gets an actual release this year.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Prediction 1: Diablo 3 for mobile phones.

Prediction 2: Diablo 4 for consoles/PC/phones with crossplay.

Rehevkor

Oct 31, 2017
Dunno why they'd need a dungeon artist for the a switch port of Diablo 3 or Diablo 2 remastered, so yeah. Gimme that D4.

Ragona

Oct 26, 2017
It will undoubtly be an online service game, just hope its more like path of exile with quarterly updates and not a large scale mmo

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
It's definitely Diablo III on the Switch, remember the video they posted. They also mentioned something about sharing more info "later" IIRC

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Bring back runes or bust. Also Path of Exile has already taken over the Diablo throne in my book so I would need to see a serious return to D2 in both tone and gameplay for me to jump off POE back into Diablo.

QFNS

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
D3 to Switch is a good bet. That console version did well for them. I would not be surprised to learn that some amount of people in Blizzard are working on a proper Diablo 4, but I bet that's still a long ways off. Remember how long D3 took from reveal to release and how many weird turns that took.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Will this also be a dumpster fire at launch but still get a complete pass from most critics somehow?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I remember reading here months ago that there were rumors of a Diablo spinoff that was more like an action-RPG in the vein of a Souls game. I asked for clarification then but no one responded... is there actually a rumor about a game like that? Or did someone just make it up?

Will this also be a dumpster fire at launch but still get a complete pass from most critics somehow?

I'd like to think that their extremely impressive correction of D3 post launch has them understanding what people actually want from a Diablo game again.

Rehevkor

Oct 31, 2017
It's definitely Diablo III on the Switch, remember the video they posted. They also mentioned something about sharing more info "later" IIRC

Why would they need a dungeon artist for that? I seriously doubt they're adding new content at this point. Diablo 3 is already a pretty low-fi game so it should need any significant art rework to run on Switch.

Oct 25, 2017
They're going to do Diablo II Remaster at some point along with WC3, and Diablo 3 sold like 35m+ copies so there will be a 4 eventually.

Still surprised they never did a 2nd expansion for D3. Maybe instead they just went full-in on 4.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I played SO much Diablo 3 on console. Put it up there as one of the greatest console ports of a traditionally PC game of all time.

Deleted member 21601

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ok this job post is a direct confirmation of a new 3d Diablo game with dungeons. So kinda like D3. Definitly not the D2 remaster. Which should be a seperate team.

The WoW pet is very interesting which could realy suggest an announcement at E3 / Gamescom (visit every year they have a HUGE area every year and announced a WoW addon here) or Blizzcon this year!

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they will learn a "few" things from Path of Exile on how to create a good ARPG.

Nov 8, 2017
I was under the impression that they were done adding new content to Diablo 3, which would mean the artist position is not for 3 but for something else. They could also be making new content for the Switch version. Either one would be cool, but I'd definitely prefer a whole new game!