• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Man what is blizzcon gonna be like this year?

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It would've been a shitshow for sure. Wonder how long Blizzard will hide in cowardice for.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
holy shit...............did they exactly say why though?

Was there a good turn out for protestors or something?

Oct 25, 2017
This is only good news. It means they're worried, which is a sign that from the information they're seeing internally, they know this isn't just a flash in the pan from a vocal minority.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they don't make up an excuse to cancel that one.
There's a 0% chance that happens. idk why people keep thinking it. There would be no worse press they could get right now than fucking over the air and travel expenses of like 40,000 of their most vocal and diehard fans and influencers.

I'd be shocked if the average expense for most fans is less than 1000 bucks for the weekend.

AuroraMusisAmica

One Winged Slayer
Aug 16, 2018
Hire LeBron to be their spokesperson, I'm sure he'll help fix this mess.

Hm? What's that? Oh? Oh. Oh no.

*coughs* Carry on. Nothing to see.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
lmao...I feel like at this point they either gonna cancel BlizzCon, delay it and offer a refund or highly regulated attendances --- all of which will result for a worse PR.

Jbone115

Oct 25, 2017
This is interesting. The timing is unfortunate, as I was considering getting Overwatch on Switch, but probably not now with what is going on.

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
There's a 0% chance that happens. idk why people keep thinking it. There would be no worse press they could get right now than fucking over the air and travel expenses of like 40,000 of their most vocal and diehard fans and influencers.

I'd be shocked if the average expense for most fans is less than 1000 bucks for the weekend.
Yeah, Blizzard does like money.

(Only half joking/being snarky...I feel like most big publishers would probably have done what they did).

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
I can't wait for Blizzard Direct

"....and now, something is stirring in Tristram."

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Come on Blizzard. The Chinese community in NYC would welcome you warmly, especially the thousands that escaped China through way of Hong Kong.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I legitimately wonder if they might cancel Blizzcon. It would be a mess and disaster due to all the refunds they'd have to give and the reveals they had planned being delayed, but I have to wonder if they might see it as better than going through with it and being (rightfully) protested by the community / making their devs deal with the backlash to what's been going on in person.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
So is the main assumption here that it's been cancelled because of all the controversy?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
So is the main assumption here that it's been cancelled because of all the controversy?
Presumably. If they have their folks at a public event right now, they're going to get peppered with questions and comments about it, especially after the statement Brack put out on Friday.