• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While Blizzard should be criticized, let's not act like any other capitalistic company wouldn't do the same. Things are going to get worse with China's increasing power and influence.

Its so fucking frustrating how true this is. Everyone is afraid of doing anything about China's bullshit because of the almighty Dollar.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
The continued kowtowing to the Chinese government by corporations continues to be normalized and will continue to persist until they feel equal heat from the rest of the world.

seady

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 21, 2019
I'm from Hong Kong and this to me is 100x more disgusting.

This is why we Hongkongers hate China so much. They try to take away freedom of speech from us.

Hzoltan969

Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory Drive-By Trolling; Account in Junior Phase
Era really likes to go apeshit over news like this. I, for one, find this totally justified. Politics has no place in sports, regardless of views expressed. He chose the wrong time and place to push his agenda and in all likelihood he was perfectly aware of what he was risking.

EVA UNIT 01

Oct 27, 2017
CA
Lets check this off...
Fuck:
Blizzard
China
Government censorship
Fuck corps bending over backward for that chinese dollar

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
Awful use of 'catch all' rules to punish everyone involved.

The community throws 'boycott' around for stupid reasons sometimes but in this circumstance it is 100% justified. Terrible.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Era really likes to go apeshit over news like this. I, for one, find this totally justified. Politics has no place in sports, regardless of views expressed. He chose the wrong time and place to push his agenda and in all likelihood he was perfectly aware of what he was risking.

When is the right time? Cause it seems with China there is no right time.

Calibro

Oct 27, 2017
Belarus
I'm deleting my account with hundreds of hours of Overwatch, Hearthstone, WoW, Diablo and StarCraft. I encourage you guys to do the same. Blizzard doesn't deserve your money and time, plenty of great games and devs out there who don't support genocidal regimes.

cRwELkH.jpg

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

How's Xi's boot taste?

Johnzyboi

Nov 10, 2018
And I was looking forward to trying Overwatch on Switch. Ring Fit Adventure here I come.

Also fuck Blizzard

saiko

Nov 4, 2017

"Shut up and dribble"

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking reprehensible.

Anyone in here who tries to defend this should be insta-perm'd

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
It's important to start pressuring casters, streamers, and OWL competitors who support Blizzard's games and getting them to go on record of their support for the CCP's authoritarian rule. Pucket, Sideshow, Malik, Soe, Jayne, Seagull, Surefour... yeah I only know the Overwatch folks, but make them squirm.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's important to start pressuring casters, streamers, and OWL competitors who support Blizzard's games and getting them to go on record of their support for the CCP's authoritarian rule. Pucket, Sideshow, Malik, Soe, Jayne, Seagull, Surefour... yeah I only know the Overwatch folks, but make them squirm.

Oh they all know they'll have to lick Xi Boot if they want to keep their jobs.

Finaika

Dec 11, 2017
No politics in muh games.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
I wonder if this is a case of Blizzards China branch making decisions alone with no input from the Western side. I hope this is the case.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Does someone have video of the casters ducking under the table? I'm not sure how exactly to understand the context of that.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

A lack of politics is political

so stop pushing this idiotic narrative

never

Oct 28, 2017

Everything is political. Blizzard's reaction to this is because of politics. This take makes no sense.

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Go to hell Xi's puppet!

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018

I see, the way that's framed helps me understand it.

"oppress me daddy china"

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
You could just not post you know.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
Another reason you should not be playing this now very miserable game anymore.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Hostility
You are a disgusting, pathetic, sub-human waste of oxygen.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
This is embarrassing.

I'm deleting my account with hundreds of hours of Overwatch, Hearthstone, WoW, Diablo and StarCraft. I encourage you guys to do the same. Blizzard doesn't deserve your money and time, plenty of great games and devs out there who don't support genocidal regimes.

cRwELkH.jpg
And so is this.

Not the decision to stop supporting Acti-Blizz (because this is a trashy, cowardly move by them), but rather that you keep representing a gamergate supporter with you avatar, even posthumously. Will you stop propping up someone who isn't even around anymore to keep egging on those who support harassing women and minorities in games?

Or are you a fucking shitty hypocrite?

Status
Not open for further replies.