• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 19954

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Dismissing Concerns of Human Rights Abuses Over Multiple Posts in this Thread
"They are only reports by tribunal, human rights activists, etc."

Oh, only reports done by human rights activists, lawyers, researchers & scholars (I guess that's the "etc" part?), huh? Well, then it certainly can't mean anything.

Here is the actual full report full of evidence, quotes and witnesses:

"It was formed by 'The International Coalition To End Transplant Abuse In China' (ETAC), a notfor-profit coalition of lawyers, medical professionals and others dedicated to ending what they assert to have been, and to be, the practice of forced organ harvesting in China.1"
ETAC is run by many Epoch Times journalists. Their Executive Director, Co-founder -Susie Hughes.
You can search some of the members with Epoch Times to get the links.
Epoch Times is run by FLG members.
Recent news of ET - Sneaking pro-trump propaganda on facebook.

We can hate CCP all we want, but it is just too convenient to blame them with evidence from FLG which is known to spreading these propaganda since last 2 decades.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
When you unsubscribe from a WoW subscription you can write out your personal reasoning, I'd really recommend everyone who can do that does it, it's probably the most direct way of getting the message heard because it's directly affecting the heart of Blizzard's execs - their wallets.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad NBA has a spine. Fuck any USA company censoring dissent on China's behalf.

Oct 29, 2017
Capitalism was thought to make China more like the western world.

Instead Capitalism is making the western world more like China.

Fucking Amazing.

That stupidly naive assumption (supported by politicians in both parties in the US, no less) continues to have massive fallout for the entire world.

OT: The worst part is that I'm not all that surprised. These big corporations have gone all in on China and will sit and roll over like dogs on the government's command to keep getting paid. It's pathetic, honestly.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
GODS UNCHAINED STANDS BY BANNED HEARTHSTONE PLAYER BLITZCHUNG

Well the Gods Unchained developers have stepped in to help him (Sorry if this has already been posted.)

KQ9bBwN.gif

Returners

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately the announcers explicitly gave him permission to speak the words, which is why they were fired as well.

AbsoluteZ3R0

Feb 5, 2019
About time I delete by battle.net account. Also, I feel like only way this companies would learn is if we get the games somehow banned in China like how pooh got banned. Make memes about comparing xi jinping to solider 76 and overwatch will get banned.

Apath

Oct 25, 2017
Cancelling my WoW subscription. Enjoy those Chinese dollars, Blizzard. It's good to know your integrity is for sale to the highest bidder.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Tencent owns

Riot Games (100%)

Supercell (84.3%)
Epic Games (40%)
Activision Blizzard (5%)
Ubisoft (5%)
Paradox Interactive (5%)

It's pretty sad that in order to prevent Vivendi from taking over Ubisoft they needed help from a company like Tencent to resist but now are under even a more nefarious form of control despite how small that stake is (which is the same size as Blizzard's stake)

The more I think about this the more I'm upset moreso over taking away his title and prize money. Banning him is just a restriction on his future as successful gaming professional but to take away his title and prize money for this reason? He EARNED that. All of his hardwork disregarded over a very important issue. In support of the wrong side of that issue.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Nor does any corporation. The China market is far more lucrative than the American market. China's bullshit is going to cause more shit like this.

Also wtf is Activision saying in all this?
The Chinese market is rarely more lucrative than the US market, but it is an incredible money maker that is growing rapidly. And pandering to China's whims doesn't cost companies anything domestically.

Blackage

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It would be a shame if Blizzard had a major publicly streamed event happening next month and tons of people were wearing Support Hong Kong shirts had signs, and asked uncomfortable questions.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After what Blizzard did in all of their Professional Tournament I don't understand why Pros would still give them the benefit of the doubt. They keep getting screwed over and over and over and over and over again. How much is enough?

I love Blizzard's games, I grew up with them, I revere them but this isn't a company I'd be willing to put a career on the line for.

Oct 27, 2017
So can we start treating Blizzard/Acti like people treat THQN now? I mean this feels far more disgraceful and corrupt than holding an AMA in a shitty attempt to be edgy. I hope so because fuck Blizzard and Activision, this should not be forgotten.

shox

Oct 25, 2017
This deserves way more backlash..

How the mighty fall. Diablo 2 got me into online gaming :(

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
So can we start treating Blizzard/Acti like people treat THQN now? I mean this feels far more disgraceful and corrupt than holding an AMA in a shitty attempt to be edgy. I hope so because fuck Blizzard and Activision, this should not be forgotten.
Yes. I actually feel more strongly about this..

Fuck Blizzard.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
"It was formed by 'The International Coalition To End Transplant Abuse In China' (ETAC), a notfor-profit coalition of lawyers, medical professionals and others dedicated to ending what they assert to have been, and to be, the practice of forced organ harvesting in China.1"
ETAC is run by many Epoch Times journalists. Their Executive Director, Co-founder -Susie Hughes.
You can search some of the members with Epoch Times to get the links.
Epoch Times is run by FLG members.
Recent news of ET - Sneaking pro-trump propaganda on facebook.

We can hate CCP all we want, but it is just too convenient to blame them with evidence from FLG which is known to spreading these propaganda since last 2 decades.

The very specific report I linked to wasn't written by Epoch Times journalists. It was written by

Geoffrey Nice, a british barrister who co-authered the 2014 Syrian detainee report.
Martin Elliot, a british cardiothoracic surgeon who, among other things, is the co-director of one the world's largest centers for heart transplantations in the world.
Andrew Koo, a Malaysian attorney who was the chair of the Human Rights Committee of Bar Council Malaysia
Regina Paulose, a US attorney who was the chair of the Steering Committee of the United Kingdom Child Sex Abuse People's Tribunal
Nicolas Vetch, a businessman who I can't find too much about
and
Arthur Waldron, a US historian who was a founding member of the US-China Economic and Security Review Commission and is the Lauder Professor of International Relations in the Department of History at the University of Pennsylvania.

Nothing you write has anything to do with this report. Unless you think that everything these people I just listed wrote and collected was forced upon them by pro-trump cultists or that they themselves are pro-trump cultists who simply were able to hide their true intention for the last 20 - 50 years, it has nothing to do with their findings.

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
The Chinese market is rarely more lucrative than the US market, but it is an incredible money maker that is growing rapidly. And pandering to China's whims doesn't cost companies anything domestically.

The biggest result of this event and the NBA stuff has to be any companies that do significant business in China scrambling as we speak to make sure nothing like this happens to them. China has let it be known that they will go scorched earth on any company that crosses them on this issue.

MillionStabs

Jan 11, 2018
Question: if I bought COD MW, how much of my money would go to Activision? I was interested in the game but I can certainly live without it after this shit

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
The streamer dude's intentions worked. I have lived under a rock and didn't know about this whole thing at all until this thread. He definitely brought attention to a topic that many people in the west didn't know about.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I've been fuming about this all morning, I'm surprised at how much this hit me. This is actually disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.