• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

Blizzard has removed Hong Kong Hearthstone player blitzchung from Hearthstone Grand Masters and rescinded all his prize money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Original Blitzchung video / statement
  • Oct 25, 2017
    Found the video.

Lump, can this be added to the OP?

The exchange is in Mandarin, but you can get the general tenor of the incident. Again: even the casters were fired.

Blitzchung's statement:

Blitzchung said:
    As you know there are serious protests in my country now. My call on stream was just another form of participation of the protest that I wish to grab more attention. I put so much effort in that social movement in the past few months, that I sometimes couldn't focus on preparing my Grandmaster match. I know what my action on stream means. It could cause me lot of trouble, even my personal safety in real life. But I think it's my duty to say something about the issue.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.