• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Feb 21, 2022
Time to check your mail and see if you've been blessed by Lilith
9i394ofcbw.png

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
I haven't touched my blizzard launcher since d3 launch time, they ain't picking me.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
It's too bad this is a small beta with an NDA. Twitch would be popping off with the small handful of people who actually get in.

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
I've signed up for every beta since like vanilla WoW and I've never been picked for a damn thing, and I own like every game on Battle.net

KsG

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Nothing. Got excited because I saw blizzard entertainment in my promotion tab, but it was for Wrath of the Lich King :(

OP
OP
Flame Champion
Feb 21, 2022

Bonestorm

Oct 27, 2017
It's going to be difficult knowing this is out there but in the end I want to play this first on release. If I do get an invite, I don't think I'll be able to stop myself though.

MotherFan

Oct 27, 2017
It's too bad this is a small beta with an NDA. Twitch would be popping off with the small handful of people who actually get in.
I am sure there will be a beta like this, but my guess is this is still likethe last one, where alot of assets may be missing and content sparse while they get feedback on how everything is interacting. Stuff like is this endgame event fun, basics of itemization and feedback from heavy players.

Any of these being subpar on twitch could get alot of bad will towards the game, which could very be changed significantly based on feedback.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
If I just hit ignore on this thread, I'm sure in enough time I can pretend I forgot about this and that the email is still coming at some point.

OP
OP
Flame Champion
Feb 21, 2022
Don't think you had to. The setting you need to be eligible was on by default in my account at least.

The real requirement is playing a fuckton of Diablo 2 and/or 3 endgame recently.
You actually don't. My friend plays D3 very casually and he got in. I think they just want people who have actually been active in at least one of the three Diablo games recently (Immortal players are also eligible for the beta)

Kompis

Oct 27, 2017
I've got the mail in the OP, but it only provide a link to a page where you can opt in for a chance to enter the Beta.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
You actually don't. My friend plays D3 very casually and he got in. I think they just want people who have actually been active in at least one of the three Diablo games recently (Immortal players are also eligible for the beta)
Then there must be a random element as well. I've been playing a lot of season 27 (almost paragon 2000) and nothing for me.

Aesthet1c

Oct 27, 2017
Was not expecting it, but D2R is definitely my most played on the SteamDeck. Done countless CS runs the past month and sad I didn't get an invite.
Are you guys running this on Windows? Or on the default SteamOS? I've seen methods of both, but I don't know if I'm ready to install Windows yet, and Battle.net through SteamOS seems to have a lot of issues.

OP
OP
Flame Champion
Feb 21, 2022
I've got the mail in the OP, but it only provide a link to a page where you can opt in for a chance to enter the Beta.
I think it's a case of really bad wording. The email explicitly says you have been chosen for the beta. By chance I think they mean "you'll get the chance to play the beta".

Then there must be a random element as well. I've been playing a lot of season 27 (almost paragon 2000) and nothing for me.
For sure. My friend isn't even Paragon 100 and he got in lol.