• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/com...from_the_main_diablo/?st=jo24heqb&sh=cbbdfa0a
https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/com...count_on_both_videos/?st=jo24hcg3&sh=10cc3caf
BeNGGrm.png

Skdufgx.png

PR diaster....

Sargerus

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can you even do that? Because i'm sure Activision and EA would had done that by now.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"If you remove enough Dislikes it is like people liked your video all along"

- George Orwell

I assume this is some kind of bug as I don't think they have that ability

DoublePayje

Oct 29, 2017
Activision didn't do it with Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. Might be real, but i would wait a bit for this to be a real thing, not just a server hiccup.

"If you remove enough Dislikes it is like people liked your video all along"

- George Orwell

I am sure "Diablo on Mobile" is what George Orwell envisioned in 1984 and Animal Farm. Holy.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
They should just accept it instead of creating more backlash.
And is this even possible to do?

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Maybe someone botted some of the dislikes and YouTube auto deleted them? They could just reupload the video or disable the votes. Highly doubt it's anything other than a bot that got busted by some algorithm.

I dunno, I just want to believe that it's not totally nefarious. I mean they already have 211 thousand+ dislikes lol...

Last edited:

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Possibly jumping the gun saying that it's Blizzard doing this. There are other potential explanations.

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If this is legit Jesus just take the L. You closed your big PC focused convention with the trailer for a mobile game with nothing to show for big fans of the franchise to look forward to. Like, the thing on Blizzard's events had the first thing after the opening ceremony as "Diablo: What's Next". The mobile game would have been fine if they tied it with a big entry in the main franchise or even a remaster of D2.

I've never heard of likes being removed before, but the points still stand.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Probably an automatic youtube action removing bot mass voting. I really doubt Blizzard have the power to do this.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
I am not aware of removing dislikes being a thing YouTube accounts can do.

Are you sure it's not just YouTube's algorithm auto-detecting mass-votes in either direction and compensating a la Reddit's voting system?

Nov 1, 2017
While I'm really not fond of Blizzards whole action on this could it be that some of the deletions are actually multi account ones being removed? I'm not sure it's possible to get rid of dislikes otherwise.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Could also be youtube's end if they sense botting / brigading, which, it probably is at this point and should likely be removed.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Maybe just culling dislikes made from dupe/bot accounts? Creators do not have the ability to remove dislikes, unless blizz went directly to youtube behind the scenes.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt they can do that. I'm going to go ahead and guess YouTube has some system that automatically detects botting and removes dislikes.

In this case, it may not actually be botting (idk), but YouTube's automatic systems probably thought it was anomalous enough to be suspicious.

Pog

Banned
May 19, 2018
What is the point of a dislike bar if you can just remove them if they make you feel bad?

senbon

Oct 27, 2017
I strongly suspect this is simply YouTube updating their like / dislike estimate.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
I am guessing the Reddit post got what it wanted by stating this as factual despite there not actually being a basis for it.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
As far as I'm aware this isn't something that Blizzard would have power over.

It can be discussed in the main thread. If there is evidence that Blizzard did something a new thread is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.